A very belated intro thread

KStuart

Nov 15, 2008
So a very overdue 'infroduction' thread.

I have been on the forum for over a decade now posting and playing on and off over the years.

Current incarnation of the game goes back to early summer 2018 when my previous laptop fell foul to a Win 10 update that clashd massively with my antivirus. Was resolved a week or so later but in the interim i had finally gotten around to upgrading to a gaming laptop so i can run other games properly too.

The prior laptop didn't have much in the way of advanced characters but the older one before did with a 92 freezealot and a high 80's meteorb being the main ones. With new laptop i opted for a clean start even though i have access to all the older characters still if i really wanted to move things over. Where is the fun in that though ;)

Started afresh with Nena, my untwinked 99er orbiballer, the main one so far although i do have 12 characters underway in various forms. Most however aren't even out of Act 1 normal yet ;) Nena currently has reachd LK in Hell and as i had some time and wanted to check something (namely whether the run counter i have counts all runs properly, it does) i did 10 runs there this morning. Dont tele around as i prefer moving from WP to the area i go to on foot as poppables and monsters can and do drop stuff too.

This was well proven this morning as in those 10 runs i had ravenfrost (not needed until i make spirit shield as i have Rhyme currently as its usually used by me for the CBF), Sureshrill frost, Sazabi's cobalt redeemer and a 4os Balrog Skin which can be a future Forty or something for my moron.

Have had fun doing various tournaments over the years just never any rune of magic find ones so with Nena LK capable and having done a stint on AT too i will prob do some of both this year.

Will probably do a separate thread later on to go over characters and use it for updating on play. Nena will remain the main focus for now though as i oush on further towards Act 5 and on more towards 99.

@kstuart welcome! Also a lurker-turned-poster and since I’ve got the chance...

*picks pockets*

Edit: member since 2008........... doh
On mobile so I couldn’t see post count

Last edited:
Shoulda said some other bits too really. Namely I am from UK and managed to survive a trip to Glasgow last month ;) I hit 42 in the summer and am allegedly a Analyst doing environmental radiochemistry for a day job. For pleasure running with the current aim of 5 marathons this year unless i fancy some more.

42 years old and fond of running? Now that sounds very, very familiar ;). Although I don't do marathons, as I don't like running on hard surfaces. So when running I can usually be found in the fields, woods and the like ...

Welcome, or something along those lines :confused:. What does one say to someone who has been here for so long and only now admits it ... :p.

Wow. Maybe running and d2 is a common theme. I picked up running about 2 years ago (I’m 27 now). I’ve done two halfs and a 5k. I’d like to run a marathon but my legs have a hard time holding up to the weekly mileage. Aiming for a sub 21 5k by the end of this year.

@kstuart Hopefully you post a bit more and belated-welcome. I also struggle with wanting to start lots of new characters. (Windy Druid, Wolf Barb, Poison Necro, Trapper, Bear Druid....)

@logoutzero Yeah no running here either, maybe to the bathroom:D

I also feel like I've seen kstuart around.

Compete with whom? For what? I know you ran a quite the high level before, but do it for fun. Because that's really what's it all about. Put on your shoes, get into nature and slowly build up again :).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High