5 Stages of Grief Tournament

Here is downloadable v1.14 patch. (v1.14 is exactly the same as the latest v1.13 when it comes to Single Player).
I tried this patch and it said that I had a version that would not work. Probably because in my frustration at not getting anything to work, I reinstalled DII and the expansion. I am on version 1.07.

This also happened on the laptop and someone gave me the patch that changed some of the diablo 2 basics: hardcore, gold colored runes, etc. That is the patch that I need. Unfortunately the old thread that had that patch id on it was erased by the administrator because it appeared that the issue was closed. I will go back to the single player forum home and ask again, but if you know about it, let me know.

I tried this patch and it said that I had a version that would not work. Probably because in my frustration at not getting anything to work, I reinstalled DII and the expansion. I am on version 1.07.

This also happened on the laptop and someone gave me the patch that changed some of the diablo 2 basics: hardcore, gold colored runes, etc. That is the patch that I need. Unfortunately the old thread that had that patch id on it was erased by the administrator because it appeared that the issue was closed. I will go back to the single player forum home and ask again, but if you know about it, let me know.

I found that old thread and got the patch from bnet! I am all set, sorry for the post.

Now that you are all set again, get to playing!

Mini update for Annette, she found a 3 socket double bow, so her merc Diane got a damage upgrade and they are at the Dry Hills WP. We're still grinding away, but this character is much slower and easier to get into trouble than the necro. I'm looking forward to act 3 actually to try and gamble a better bow than the junk she is using now.

Annette has finished act II (NM).

In the Halls of the Dead she encountered a double boss pack of spear cats. Fortunately the Valkyrie was getting enough hard points by this time (I can't recall when I stopped putting points in Valk but I have 17 now and am in a holding pattern) as to be pretty hurtful toward our enemies. Good thing too, because Annette herself is a major wimp.
View attachment 7739 View attachment 7740

Ancient Tunnels showcased a fun place to plink away at multiple enemies, who were all interested in the Valkyrie. At this point she was using her Charsi-imbued Ashwood bow, which had 5% ML. The mana leech allowed her to strafe continuously as long as there were more than about five or six enemies and she lined them up for a good piercing (level 4, or 49% I think). She's very similar to Amodan_Crane in that regard, aligning her shots for maximum impact.
View attachment 7741

The Claw Viper Temple was a breeze. Check out the fortuitous placement of the urns. The Valk blocked the rest of the way and Annette and Diane were under very little danger.
View attachment 7742

We found a Hellclap in the Arcane Sanctuary (and a Woestave in the Maggot Lair) which caused me moments of doubt as to my merc choice. That Woestave, despite horrible damage, has such good mods for an act II mercenary (I would go with Thorns). I decided to wait until the act was over to make my decision, but in the meantime I upgraded the Hellclap and equipped it on Annette for the greater damage. I missed the mana leech too, but that got fixed in one of the false tombs.
View attachment 7743

One of the nice things about the Valkyrie skill is that you can "project" your power. I didn't want any part of going onto this platform (21% fire resist until equipping the Hellclap) but Annette could safely plink away in safety with Diane while the Valk did her introductions in person.
View attachment 7744

The scariest moment of the act was this false tomb, which had a large beetle stair trap. Annette's LR is pretty bad, around 40. She squeezed into the very corner behind Diane and though they both took some damage, red potions held the line and the day was won. Most of the tombs were at /P8 until the true tomb, which I did last. I found the Ghoulhide toward the very end of the journey, either in the last false tomb or in the very start of the true tomb, I don't recall. It was nice though that the extra damage and AR to undead were of obvious benefit in these areas. I'll use them often I think. There was a definite increase in Annette's effectiveness with those gloves on, and the mana leech (the gloves rolled 5%, max) was a great benefit. Her old gloves had +1 bow skills and 30% CR and MF so they're pretty solid themselves.
View attachment 7746

Kaa's tomb was not hard, and neither was he. His tomb was one with Urdars and beetles and apparitions, no unravelers. This was the case with 5 of the tombs, which made the going much more bearable. I'm really happy about that. I didn't need to use the Iceblink to shatter all of the corpses.
View attachment 7745

I pulled the players setting to /P5 for the true tomb, as I'd already reached level 60 and wouldn't sniff 61 anyway. Annette took Duriel at /P8 for the better drop chance. She used her normal tactic of switching to the General's flail (knout now) and Rhyme RW with a Rattlecage armor for CB and she whacked at him until he was slivered. A trip to town to get the MF gear squared away and this is the result.
View attachment 7747

I was most excited about the ring, but it was not a keeper. If I could find one with decent resists and a big AR boost with some MF I'll be happy. That shouldn't be too hard, hopefully. After killing Duriel I was so excited about gambling some better gear that I went straight to Meshif and forgot about my Woestave-Thorns merc vs Edge-Rogue merc decision. So rogue merc it is then!

We finished the night by gambling about a million gold, with a couple of small upgrades to gloves (when not using the Ghoulhides) and belt. Bows and circlets continue to yield less than stellar results, but I have 6 million more to go before I venture into the jungle, likely at /P3.

Annette, level 60 Strafezon, Kurast Docks

Nyamer has killed Duriel and moved on to Kurast. But quite a bit has happened since my first post. In that post I bragged about killing Andariel on “players 8”. That was with Nyeuro my first attempt. Nyeuro died trying to kill Duriel. That was due to my long layoff since playing D2. I forgot about the trick of laying down a portal as soon as you get to Duriel’s hole and I forgot to change from P8 to P1.

It was probably for the best that Nyeuro died. Nyamer has been much more fortunate with drops. She has found Crushflange, Angelic Mantle, Deaths Guard, Blood Crescent and two Berserker’s hatchets. She uses none of these however (she did use crushflange on Duriel but her bow probably would have done as well). Bloodfist and Infernal Cranium are being used. That is eight set or unique items. The runes I found include Ral, Tal and a couple Iths along with a smattering of lessor runes. Stealth was made with the Tal and an Eth rune and it will be used until either SMOKE or PEACE can be made.

The skills that Nyamer (level 23) has developed are Cold Arrow (12), Ice Arrow (6) and Critical Strike (6). She will work on a fire Valk at some point, or maybe just get the Amazon armor and depend on the 2% CTC. She will need 42 more skill points to max out freezing arrow. I guess that could be done as long as COLD immune beasts don’t kill her. WARMTH would be nice too to get some added Mana. Let’s see. About 50 levels for normal and 20 in nightmare. Yes, it can be done but that does not leave much for the Valk. Once I reach level 30, I should probably stop putting any points in my cold skills and develop that Valk.

Oh, one more thing. Is there a table to keep my progress in? I see that there is, but how do I go about using it?

Don't worry about the table at this point, just keep plugging away.

Annette wasted no time coming to grips with her grief, gambling with her life by running from most monsters in act III, except for that guy at the very end anyway, and refusing any and all assistance outside that which she possesses herself for act IV. Please allow me to give you a quick run down...

Once we got to act 3, we went on a gambling spree like many others in this tournament, to the tune of 6M in gold. Her best haul was a 170% ED long war bow (I don't have an Amn to upgrade it) and this circlet. Seems like it would have been great if Amodan had gotten that one. I might still use it for the resists anyway.
View attachment 7780

There is not much to show regarding action shots in act 3, since I skipped mostly everything and played at /P3 in order to minimize levels gained. Some drops are below. The ring was a Manald Heal, which is another source of off-weapon mana leech. I am not currently using it. The Raven Claw was interesting and I tested it out, hoping to see lots of fireworks with the exploding arrows with strafe, but sadly the two do not work in tandem. That would have been pretty cool. I skipped ahead to show my crappy HF drop here too. I wanted a Ko, Lem or an Um.
View attachment 7789

Notice my XP bar after killing /P1 Mephisto. In the Durance I got almost completely surrounded by zombies and thought for a moment that I was done for, stupidly trying to keep my levels in the act minimized, but somehow Annette escaped (there were probably 40 cadaver types in the big room) and she found the WP so she could mule in her Rattlecage. I still was not quite able to keep from gaining two levels in the act. I was able to pick up 5 points in strength, 6 in dex, 3 in vitality, and only 1 in energy for my two level ups and the Lam Esen book. My skills were Dodge and Strafe. Not bad there.
View attachment 7781

This bottleneck contained two boss packs of Grotesques and a champ pack of Maw Fiends. My strafer, with a simple Edge double bow (Diane is sporting an Edge rune bow for the additional damage) just couldn't pack the damage necessary to stay ahead of very many Grotesques when they spit out their babies, so this was a long and bloody battle. Fortunately the Valkyrie, at level 18, is very sturdy and was in a perfect position, completely blocking enemy access across the little bridge, so I could blast out strafes over and over in safety.
View attachment 7782

My other character Amodan_Crane in this tournament would be proud of the mess we made when the battle was over. No CE here, folks!
View attachment 7784

The chaos sanctuary was pretty interesting. We got this drop (a 34% example, nice!)...
View attachment 7785

... and this one as well. I read Nightfish's strafe guardian thread and he used this helm. I have yet to find the gloves but if I do, i'll be in hog heaven. I also found a Lum rune in the CS. Those babies are super useful.
View attachment 7786

The fight with Diablo. I switched to the General's knout and the Blackhorn's Face. I don't think he slowed down more than 50% though, but maybe he did. He ignored the Valk and solely attacked Annette, which I thought was odd.
View attachment 7787

When his life was low I put my MF gear back on and Diane got the killing blow. The Kris is ethereal.
View attachment 7788

After felling Diablo, Annette visited Tyrael and collected the Izual reward and went to Harrogath. Penetrate and Valkyrie were both moved to 19 hard points where they will stay for now, and points henceforth will go toward Annette's decoy. Strafe is at 8. I really need to find that Ko rune to make a Harmony... interestingly, I have found more Fal runes (2) than I have Amn (1) through this entire journey. I made my edge bows with lower runes cubed up. Amn has so much more value to me than Fal, too.

Annette, level 67 Strafezon, Harrogath

Edit: Oops I forgot to mention that we got the unique Zweihander in act 4 also. It may be useful for the Enchant charges...

Last edited:
My other character Amodan_Crane in this tournament would be proud of the mess we made when the battle was over. No CE here, folks!

SO many spat corpses that must have hit the Valkyrie!

... and this one as well. I read Nightfish's strafe guardian thread and he used this helm. I have yet to find the gloves but if I do, i'll be in hog heaven.

Which gloves are you thinking of?

Nyamer is plugging away. She has killed Mephisto and moved on to Act IV. She is a bit depressed and is talking to no-one. Meph drops included Twitchthrow, stoutnail and a THUL rune.

I spent about 8 hours doing act IV. I do not recall being so completely stressed in any "normal" difficulty act before. The problem was that I was always trying to conserve everything and never using health potions/mana potions/arrows/etc. Nonetheless, Nyamer finished off Diablo and is waiting to start Act 5. Diablo fell to Nyamer's Crushflange. I was wondering how I would handle him if Nyamer had no arrows (she did end up with plenty though). The thought hit me! Just crushflange and a belt full of full rejuvination potions.

She is sitting at level 27. She has 12 skill points in cold arrow, 6 in ice arrow, 6 in critical strike, 3 in passive skills getting ready for the Valk. and 3 useless random skills.

Nyamer has killed Baal and moved on to Nightmare (after beef dinner of course!). The only good item from Baal was "Leadcrow", but she will not be using it. She is level 36 and will not be using any stat points for a while.

Level 36, did you skip a lot of areas or play on a lower players setting? I usually hit NM quite a bit higher level. GL!

PS. I'll post pictures when I can but Annette is in A2H now. She's definitely found her groove.

Annette moved onward through Harrogath and Mount Arreat, albeit very slowly.

Right off the bat she found some gloves, that while not used right away, have proven to be very useful in the final difficulty.
View attachment 7943

The game was trying to tease us by dropping a third set of useful gloves.
View attachment 7944

The normal questing was fairly uneventful, with no good drops to speak of after the gloves. The large ice caverns were also uneventful, though Annette didn't do any damage to speak of, relying on her Valkyrie and Diane with her Edge Rune Bow to do the majority of the damage.

I didn't get a screenshot of one of the ice cavern areas; it was a central entrance, which was really nasty with a stair trap off to our left and running "down" woke up another two boss packs almost right away. The valk died to lightning balls and the merc died to something; who knows as I was running for my life. I made the mistake a firing off a strafe volley but that just held Annette in place long enough for enemies to catch up and start beating on her. She ran around several times trying to find an area where there were no enemies within proximity, so she could put up a decoy or valkyrie and make a stand with our backs against the wall, but was unable to do that and so she beat a hasty retreat out the entranceway. I didn't dare go back down there with 50 monsters all riled up so they get to live. It was very harrowing!

Also, in the Halls of Anguish, we ran into devilkin and their shamen. That was a lot of W-O-R-K and was likely one of my least favorite places ever to play in my history of playing this game. I went down there looking for a Ko Rune or anything else that might be handy drop-wise but spent 90 minutes trying to kill those horrible Devilkin 20 times apiece. There were up to 10 shamen in each big room and tons of devilkin running all over the place. My arrows did pathetic damage to each of them so I was out of sorts in this level for sure. The shamen were spaced apart so they could raise devilkin from one pack to another, so my areas were not really cleared as they'd bring them back to life after I'd thought I cleared it out with their group of shamen. Don't even get me started about when I came upon a Shaman boss who could raise the other shamen. It was a terrible experience. I gave up with about 20% left unexplored and went downstairs to fight Nihlathak, who was much easier to defeat.
View attachment 7974

The Ancients were defeated using a combination of the Valkyrie and a rare Amp Damage bow I'd gambled in A3NM, which came in very handy in quite a few circumstances.
View attachment 7946

View attachment 7947

WSK was not too difficult, I did it a while ago and don't recall the monster rolls. The Throne was a challenge due to my lack of damage output. The first two waves were the worst as I had to wait for the cold damage from Diane's natural cold arrow skill to shatter enemies to get rid of the minions before we could set upon their masters in relative safety. The valk, our primary source of damage, got decrepified when she got too close to the unravelers so that took a while. Finally we made our way to Baal, who died very easily (even at /P8) due to the slowing from the General's Flail and the Blackhorn's Face Annette was wearing. He dropped junk.
View attachment 7948

edit: I don't see where I can delete that thumbnail image. Sorry, it is just a drop pic.

edit2: I put the pic of some of those stinkin' shamen in the Halls of Anguish. Argh. There were dozens upon dozens of those jerks.

Last edited:
Annette did her normal wholesale kit change after killing some (but not all, my kill speed was bad and I got impatient) of the cows and venturing into hell difficulty. She replaced her dual resist + MF circlet with the Blackhorn's Face in act 5 but her 2 P Topaz rare dual resist armor got replaced with the Skin of the Vipermagi (34%), the MF gloves got replaced by the Laying of Hands for the 50% FR and 20% IAS and (amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!) 350% ED to Demons. Between that pair of gloves and the Ghoulhide (which I used a LOT in A2H) her kill speed went through the roof. She kept her perfect 30% Nagelring for now, as well as her dual resist, 20% FRW boots with 20% MF. She equipped the IK belt for its resistances and strength bonus. She has to swap on a strength ring at the start of her journey each session in order for it to be equipped, and then its own strength bonus takes over. Diane her merc kept her Duskdeep (love that thing on a merc) and Edge bow and a 96% MF armor. Annette finagled some charms to try to get to 80% to hit (not easy) and maintain decent resists. Fire is almost maxed and cold is at ~40% and lightning at 62% (with +20 absorb from the helm).

Annette kept her amp damage bow in the game stash for almost the first two full acts in hell, using it very often. I could kill faster with my ferocious Shadow Bow during normal times but with strafe casting AD at 5% of hits, it went off a lot and was absolutely necessary against stone skin bosses, which mostly went physically immune. Since they were the best drops of the monsters, the bow made Annette a lot of money by allowing us to kill the bosses.

She decided to try to clear all the areas in act 1. In the Crypt and Mausoleum, she doffed her LoH gloves for the Ghoulhides and their amazing AR bonus, which makes us hit undead nearly always. In this instance we found our first phyiscal immune. The Blackhorn's Face and its PMH helped out against these guys a ton (but to be honest, the Edge bow that Diane is wielding does do the same thing).
View attachment 7949

In the Underground Passage she ran into two boss packs of demons together. They went down so fast with that Shadow Bow and the Laying of Hands that I thought I must have been doing something wrong in NM for it to be so slow. (I did not use the gloves at all in NM). It was awesome and breathed new life into this character which had been trudging along for so much of the game.
View attachment 7950
View attachment 7951

Treehead was physical immune too, until we showed him who is boss. I love amp damage!
View attachment 7952

Here is another shot of a (native) PI being killed with the help of that Amp bow. It is a simple rare with the amp damage CTC mod on it, and it also has 77% ED and some decent AR, dex and some lightning damage. It has definite value, even without being upgraded (Amn runes are SO scarce for Annette).
View attachment 7953

Andariel's drop, per normal SOP.
View attachment 7954

Drops along the way:
View attachment 7955
View attachment 7956
View attachment 7957
The Pul and the two Lum runes can help upgrade a weapon that I might like if I find a good one, or the Pul (if I find another) can assist in making an Um for a better armor.

Annette continued along in the desert, angry at the beasts that caused her grief. She vowed to make them pay, right up to the final battle. She used her Ghoulhide gloves in all of the sewers/tombs and basically everywhere "inside" except the Maggot Lair.

She went into the Halls of the Dead and all side areas searching for any rune which might be useful to make her Harmony bow. It has been her goal to make a Harmony for this entire journey, and couple it with the merc's Edge (or a Thorns merc, who is less ideal IMO). She cubed up her non-essential runes from Shael and found that she was a single Io away from a Ko and paydirt. Thus the journey commenced...

Here is a boss pack co-located with a champ pack. The unravelers bring their own skeletons to the fight, and even though they go down quickly enough with the Ghoulhide and the rare Shadow Bow, a single decoy cannot distract that many unravelers and keep them all from resurrecting their minions, so it was tedious in areas like this.
View attachment 7959

Other instances where our lack of massive firepower becomes obvious is in situations like this, where mummies continue to spew forth as fast as we can kill them. Here, the decoy stood in front of the door and stemmed the tide but I wasn't always able to pull that off, and sometimes unravelers made the experience more tense. Stand... Right.................. There!
View attachment 7960

The Maggot Lair was not exactly terrible like the NM Halls of Anguish (appropriately named, yuck) but wasn't exactly speedy. The rare amp damage bow stole the show here and we actually cleared Coldworm's lair fairly quickly.
View attachment 7961

The Ancient Tunnels were very fun but yielded no Io through Ko... The Claw Viper Temple gave us a crazy scare. We stepped through the doorway to an empty screen so I thought we'd be good, and cast a decoy about 20 feet ahead. It was set upon by Fangskin and company almost immediately so he must have been right around the corner. The Valkyrie did her tank thing well, but Fangskin and one other snake charged past it and hit Diane several times in succession. Here's where I made a mistake that almost deeded me. I did not take the Edge bow from Diane and wear it myself, and after a rejuv or two for Diane, she took one from Fangskin too hard and died, and we lost our Thorns. I'm convinced that if I'd had it on I could tank some hits from Fang and company until he went down from the Thorns, but that obviously didn't happen and I was caught, alone, in the corner. I got hit repeatedly, unable to summon a new Valk closer by (mana burn Fangskin), and wondering if that would help anyway since she was still engaged with at least three or four other snakes at the time anyway. I could only watch my life bar being consumed quickly by Fangskin and drink a purple (I had six left after feeding two to Diane) periodically while trying to click the stairs (which were very nearby since she was just standing in the corner). After ALL reds and ALL purples were consumed, Annette FINALLY made the stairs with about 200 HP remaining.
View attachment 7962

WHEW. I was able to reconstitute my army and healing potions, swap the Edge bow onto myself rather than Diane, and make a mad dash for the corner boxes. We (Diane and I) both made it, and I made a stand there, with my back against the wall, against absolute hordes of undead. It was absolutely packed in there. The last 1.5 acts were so fun with the added kill speed that I didn't want it to end here!
View attachment 7963

I did two of the false tombs, including Kaa's tomb. I love those Ghoulhide gloves in heavily undead areas. We usually park the decoy on top of an unraveler so it takes swipes at the decoy rather than send unholy bolts or resurrect buddies. Sometimes after only two decoys, the unravelers kill themselves without any other intervention on my part other than the occasional strafe arrow that hits it and starts the PMH. Nice!
View attachment 7964

Here is our drop screenie in the act. I put it here because in another false tomb, I found a rune that i'd been searching for the entire time! I was playing with my boys watching (they are fascinated by D2 and when they are older I will get them hooked) when this dropped. I was super excited and you could see their eyes light up with joy at my reaction even though they had no idea what was going on. I paused the game and went to Arreat Summit to show them what I'd just found. Problem is, we had a single Amn rune (and JUST enough to make another) and NO 4 socket elite bows. We had a blade blow and 2 great bows, and a Matriarchal bow, so I was hoping a great bow would run 4 sockets and I could use my last Amn to give the matriarchal bow a try. Anyway, after we finished that false tomb I gathered the materials from the ATMA stash, socketed the great bow (4 baby on the first try!!!), tried the Matriarchal bow (3 sockets, boo), and made the weapon. I didn't take a screen shot until after I'd done part of act 3, but here it is in all its glory. You see that right, it is the worst possible roll! Countess gave me a Hel so if I somehow get another Ko I'm going to change it out. HA HA!
View attachment 7968
View attachment 7967

Regardless of our runeword rolling challenges, the last tombs were a breeze with Annette's heavier bow damage and strategic use of revives. A single charge is about 15,000 GP so I'll be hoarding my Ort runes for sure! There were several unravelers in the last chamber before Duriel so I switched to the LoH gloves and bumped it up to /P8 to fight Duriel.
View attachment 7965

The unravelers poofed in town while I was getting my MF gear on, after we slivered him, so I'll say they ALMOST outlasted /P8 Duriel. That's just crazy. Doesn't he do 10X damage to them too? Yowzers!
View attachment 7966

Annette, level 81 Strafe Revivazon, Act 3H jungles

Last edited:
Wow, that Fangskin encounter was intense! Great write-ups overall. What gloves wealth you've been having.

And absolutely amazing that no Ko rune dropped in NM.

The Blackhorn's Face and its PMH helped out against these guys a ton (but to be honest, the Edge bow that Diane is wielding does do the same thing).

Only if you wield it. PMH doesn't work for mercenaries.

That's interesting and I guess very serendipitous that I found that helm then.

I did forget to mention that I found a blue Hydra Bow in the Ancient Tunnels. I toyed with it a bit before I found that Ko rune. I've been rolling it with the three flawless gem recipe. Since it is a qlvl 85 weapon, can it get cruel (or other juicy mods like grandmaster, etc) as an ilvl 30 weapon? I don't remember the formula and can't seem to find it. Sorry for my poor search skills... :(

I did forget to mention that I found a blue Hydra Bow in the Ancient Tunnels. I toyed with it a bit before I found that Ko rune. I've been rolling it with the three flawless gem recipe. Since it is a qlvl 85 weapon, can it get cruel (or other juicy mods like grandmaster, etc) as an ilvl 30 weapon? I don't remember the formula and can't seem to find it. Sorry for my poor search skills... :(

Yes, it can get Cruel with the chipped/regular/flawless gems recipes. Ward Bow and Crusader Bow can also get it.

(Before the RWM (and Harmony), if I hadn't found something like a good exceptional unique bow, my go-to tactics with Act I mercs was to try to gamble a blue Crusader Bow once my clvl was around Crusader Bow's qlvl. And if I succeeded, I'd reroll it with the hundreds of chippies I had muled off from the start)

Annette trudged on, dealing with her grief in her own special way, by gambling with her life and that of her mercenary friend Diane.

Act 3 saw us skip whatever side areas were not necessary such as the Swampy Pit. We did end up seeing most of the jungles, and we switched our gloves between the Laying of Hands and the Ghoulhide. The LoH was great in the Flayer Jungle, absolutely annihilating those flayers in very short order. In the Great Marsh area, there were plenty of undead monsters so we stuck with the Ghoulhide. I actually like the Ghoulhide a bit better because of the to hit chance to the undead and the mana leech, but the potions were far more plentiful than we actually needed to run strafe nearly constantly so it was not really a problem either way.

I did go in the six temples, and loved it when we could set up a nice kill zone. The Harmony bow and LoH worked wonders here. They were all down in just a few shots.
View attachment 8150

The Sewers did not hold any unravelers, which suited Annette just fine. She did make sure to stay far away from Nighthawk Riftwing, remembering her lonely sister Princess Diana from long ago who died in this exact spot.
View attachment 8151

Physical immune monsters no longer required the amp damage bow, since the elemental damage from the Harmony, coupled with the Prevent Monster Heal from the Blackhorn's Face did the trick in all instances without fail.
View attachment 8152

We did not get any good shots of the fight with Bremm Sparkfist but it was more than a little challenging. We had to be careful in how we shot our strafe volleys, since 12 hard points in the skill meant that at least 5 arrows got shot each time, and during that time Annette couldn't move. During times of non-linear battlefields, such as in level 3 where Bremm and his buddies were running around and casting hydras, a strafe at the wrong time could mean a death sentence. Bremm happened to be Convicted, and he is always LE, so his hydras and LE bolts melted our 4,000+ HP valkyrie in about two seconds flat. Then they usually turned and killed Diane shortly thereafter. We ran back and forth in the foyer, the Valk getting the bulk of their wrath several times, until we found a spot where only minions hassled us and we could portal out and make a stand there without having too many council members to deal with at the same time. Maffer and Wyand proved much easier to deal with.
View attachment 8153

Our drops in this act were much more modest than along the way in NM but we didn't mind because the gear was AOK at this point. We did gamble a +3 Passives amulet in this act, which beefed the Valk by quite a bit.
View attachment 8154

We got decent random rolls on our level up and Lam Esen's tome. The skill point was wasted though.

Moving forward, always forward, into Hell we encountered quite a few physical immune demons, which meant that our awesome gloves were only really useful for the 50% Fire Resist and 20% IAS (against those monsters, that is). This guy took a great many arrows to dispatch but he was no real danger.
View attachment 8155

Gut Eater had potential to be real trouble but we ended up funneling well enough to make it a trivial fight.
View attachment 8156

Izual introduced himself at nearly the entry point of his usual hangout, and went down without even putting a scratch in the Valk.
View attachment 8157

More physical immune demons in the River of Flame. Against him our Doom Knight revives didn't serve much of a purpose, but their presence did deprive the corpse spitter of more ammunition to use against us.
View attachment 8158

The Chaos Santuary was fun, as the Ghoulhide gloves helped us rip through the hordes of knights and finger mages, as well as kept the Venom Lords poisoned and unhealthy for the valk to do her thing. Infector's seal I normally pop a portal and get ready to walk back from the WP so as not to get cornered and killed, and I did so again here, but our line of revives and the Valk held easily. The same thing happened against De Seis.
View attachment 8159

We had a combat shrine enabled against Diablo and some Venom Lords to assist. He did kill the Venom Lords but maybe they just timed out, I don't recall how old they were and they did all die at nearly the same time. He was slowed the usual 70% and again completely ignored the Valk and solely focused on Annette. All she had to focus on was to avoid being prisoned (she wasn't) and stay away from running near Diane and we were able to pull that off and kept her alive for the entire act.
View attachment 8160

Our drops for the act were also modest.
View attachment 8161

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High