2015 Summer MFO - Any interest?

Agreed with Gripphon.

It's already been over year since last MFO, postponing it any further won't do any good. There'd would be some that would rather run "next summer when I have time" etc. The whole thing will die if we keep pushing it to another time because not enough participants etc.

Great idea with a area lvl 85 competition too. Would be great reason to play some.

So MFO as planned and alvl85 in November ish? Agreed.

Good luck and I suggest someone use my already-built FoHer for added challenge ;) (grip that means you)

ISO some kind of hint as to how to get a trade profile going so I can participate. So far I read every sticky on the trade forum, but there was a lot of warnings to get it perfect or your thread will be deleted. So yeah, ISO halp plz?

Open my trade profile to see an example. Remove what you don't do, add what you do.

I participated in my first MFO last summer and it was fun. Looking forward to another round.

@GooberGrape: Have you tried PMing Thy with your questions? She's the moderator, so she should be your go-to person for rules related questions. I don't want to sound like I'm being a jerk but 1. we cannot help you if you don't tell us what you're unclear about and 2. that's what a moderator is for. Thy won't bite you for trying to get it right and in the end she's the one who made the rules, so shouldn't she be the one you're asking about them?

I'm pretty sure I won't be participating in an MFO, though I'll be glad to see it still happening. I'm constitutionally incapable of just entering to have fun and durdle around and running D2 as hard as I can for 4+ hours a day for the duration just doesn't appeal to me now, so I don't plan on being involved. That said, I did enjoy my first three MFOs an awful lot (even before I found out I won two of them) and the last one definitely had its ups to go with its downs, so I would like to see the tradition preserved and I think it's great fun for people who can run an amount they enjoy - whether that's 5 hours or 100.

maareek is partly right. I don't *usually* bite. The thread of doom warnings were written a long time ago when the trade forum was a lot more busy, with random bods dropping in with a couple of SoJs and who viewed "got a couple of SoJs, want chams" as a perfect trade thread. :p

Drop me a PM, GG and I'll see what I can do. Failing that copy/paste is your friend. Check the Trade Profile sub forum because there's a template in there.

At the risk of being on topic ... every time I sign up to a MFO-type thing, something goes gigantically tits up. Usually a dodgy relative. While I'd love to see a MFO now, is there any plans/interest for a mini mini MF tourney which could be as little as an hour. I know IRC used to do similar things but it would be nice to see what the pros can do on the forum. And even my family should be able to avoid catasphrope for 60 minutes.

What is a competent Baal runner (in terms of time) that doesn't use infinity?

In my pre-infinity days, my favorite was a blizzballer. Wave two can slow her down a bit, with the skeletons being cold immune. I would either keep it /players3 for the first two waves, or run higher players setting - and just be prepared to static and fireball for a little while longer.

Easy to play, not much she can't kill relatively quickly, and she has plenty of merc options to choose from.

What is a competent Baal runner (in terms of time) that doesn't use infinity?

Can I suggest that unless you already know the answer to that you don't run Baal? He sucks for drops, compared to alvl85.
If you are running for exp, you will proably already know the character.

Personally, I'm undecided if to do Baal with an assassin or alvl85. :/

Since i've never participated in one yet,i'd gladly join and put my sorc to the test.

Can I suggest that unless you already know the answer to that you don't run Baal? He sucks for drops, compared to alvl85.
If you are running for exp, you will proably already know the character.

Personally, I'm undecided if to do Baal with an assassin or alvl85. :/

Thanks, I thought joining Baal would be insane. I had visions of grandeur because I could win with just 2 or 3 great drops even in absence of a couple dozen hours of runs compared to the other haxors.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High