2015 Spring RFO Results

Well my view on rolling charms is rather bad because of how incredibly hard it is to roll a good charm at a first place, and secondly what impact does such charm really have on a character. That's why I mostly use gems to craft rather than using them in rolling charms where my chances are much lower to get something useful or good.
That is especially true for amethysts. Using 300 amethysts on rolling charms gives you incredibly small chance to roll something good. On the other hand, using those 300 ammies to craft 300 amulets, you are practically bond to find at least 1 or 2 good useful amulets.

But how many good amulets do you need vs good charms? If you were a man you would use all your pgems for rolling for jmods. I ID'd about ~40 monarchs or so during the rfo and no suffix 2 socket artisians was all I got.

Now my complaints:
I can't see the results on tapatalk, it doesn't allow a spoiler in a spoiler.
I assume this is some feature of these "cell phone telephones" I hear about on the news these days (news, re-runs of Futurama, who can tell the difference?) so I'll post the results outside of a spoiler just in case anyone else is encountering the same issue. Obviously anyone who's gotten this far into the thread has already forfeited any thoughts of their own wellfare.

Code:
1. Gripphon (set 3) 292.6
2xMal, 6xUm, 5xGul, Ist, 2xOhm, 2xVex, 2xLo, 3xJah, 3xCham

2. Gripphon (set 2) 202.2
3xMal, 3xUm, 4xGul, 2xOhm, 2xVex, Sur, Lo, Jah, 2xCham

3. frozzzen 171
2xMal, 4xUm, Gul, Ist, 3xOhm, 2xVex, 3xSur, Lo, Jah

4. LiquidClear (set 3) 143.5
Um, 8xGul, 2xIst, 3xOhm, 2xVex, Lo

5. Gripphon (set 1) 133.1
Mal, 2xUm, 2xGul, 3xIst, 4xOhm, Vex, 2xLo

6. zticazzy 123.3
3xMal, Um, Gul, Ist, 2xOhm, 3xVex, 2xJah

7. LiquidClear (set 2) 121.1
3xMal, 2xUm, 2xOhm, 3xVex, Sur, 2xLo

8. Cyrax (set 1) 120
3xMal, Um, 2xIst, Sur, 2xLo, 2xBer

9. Cyrax (set 2) 99
Mal, 2xUm, Gul, Ist, 2xVex, Ber, Cham

10. GooberGrape 98.7
2xUm, Gul, Lo, Jah, Ber, Cham

11. TreeofSmoke 90.9
2xUm, 2xVex, Sur, Jah, Cham

12. Grape 83.4
Mal, 2xUm, 2xOhm, Ber, Cham

13. dave 81.8
2xMal, 4xUm, 3xGul, 2xIst, Lo

14. bodry 75
2xMal, 3xUm, Gul, Vex, Sur, Jah

15. thefranklin 70.8
2xUm, 3xGul, 2xIst, Vex, Sur

16. nulio 68.9
Mal, 2xUm, 2xGul, Ist, Sur, Jah

17. Zylo 59.9
2xMal, 3xUm, Gul, Cham

18. Kitteh 59.7
Mal, Um, Gul, 2xSur, Lo

19. LiquidClear (set 1) 53
2xMal, Um, Gul, 2xOhm, Vex

20. srrw 44.1
Ist, 2xJah

21. Gino 40.6
Mal, Lo, Ber

22. maxicek 30.2
Mal, Gul, Ist, Vex

23. scrcrw 27.9
1.07: Mal; 1.13: Mal, Um

24. Kimppi 25.2
Mal, Um, Lo

25. Fabian 15.7
Um, Vex

26. Username is not in use 13.7
Sur

Now then, let me tell you what to do with those Ral runes. You take those 40 Rals, get 40 Perfect Amethysts to go with them, then take 40 of those garbage jewels you got and put them on your highest level character. Assuming that character is at least level 93, you gamble 40 (or more, if some of them are keepable) amulets, then put one of each item in the cube, click combine and await pure magic. (Some simplification is at work here, you'll need 2 rounds to do 40 amulets.)

With luck, you'll get something that looks like this:
Code:
Skull Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 94
Fingerprint: 0xaa4551b9
+15 to Strength
+10 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
All Resistances +12
19% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
10% Faster Cast Rate
Maybe even something better, since that's far from perfect. Granted, most of them will be crap, but that's true with everything in D2.

Of all the items I gave away when I left 5 years ago, that's the one I miss the most, and it's not close. I could get another 15BO beta CtA. I could find more Skillers of Balance. I could find another JMoD. I could find more perfect Griffon's, or even another Tyrael's. I can't find another Skull Scarab. That's what I like most about crafts, it's part that they're stylish, but it's mostly that no other item is your item in the way a craft is.

Anyway, Sander's cap is always a nice find, as are 5/5 facets, but I would like to address your concerns over your score adjustments being overlooked. You see, your case was very compelling and you argued it eloquently ... but Grip's check cleared. Surely you understand. ;p

I assume this is some feature of these "cell phone telephones" I hear about on the news these days (news, re-runs of Futurama, who can tell the difference?) so I'll post the results outside of a spoiler just in case anyone else is encountering the same issue.

Don't know what Franky is complaining about. He could've read the scores in the news paper like everyone else. And i too have heard of these phoney things. Not sure what to make of it though.

But how many good amulets do you need vs good charms? If you were a man you would use all your pgems for rolling for jmods. I ID'd about ~40 monarchs or so during the rfo and no suffix 2 socket artisians was all I got.

Many. 1 amulet for goldfind sorc, 1 for trav sorc, 1 for pvp sorc, 1 for pitbarb, 1 for pitsinger, 1 for pvp melee assassins, 1 for pvp trappers, 1 for... Many.

Also lol jmod. Even if you give me one, I would probably just give it to someone else lol.

Wow, very impressive results. The total runes found just blows my mind. Good to see so much activity compared to last year.

And none of those chars uses even 1 charm? :rolleyes:

Obviously charms are both good and important, and I love rolling me some GCs, but pretending like they're even close to as important as good crafted amulets is just silliness.

I have to agree with fabnus. Charms can improve your character but good craft can make/break character.

If it means that much to you guys i'll consider saving my pamethysts to craft some miracle amulet.

Don't listen to them, they are biased because they have too much luck when crafting and miracle amulets happen to them every time they craft. Even Nulio is jelly of such luck skillz.

But to answer your question on more serious tone, yes, I do use skillers on my chars and yes, they usually do have some life mod. If I used plain skillers instead, my chars would be 0.1% weaker, aka losing some life which I put into energy too many times anyway cause I have much more life than I need. Beta cta too stronk, agreed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High