[2006] The Tournament of the Ring. [by Sint Nikolaas]

Jan 3, 2007
DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT post in this thread yet. We still need to migrate all posts from the old thread on diabloii.net to this thread. If you want to help, feel free to do so :)

This tournament has already ended. It was originally started by @Sint Nikolaas on Jun 12, 2006. The last post was made Oct 18, 2006.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)

The Tournament of the Ring.

I know multiple tournaments are running at the moment.. but here goes 😃

The tournament of the Ring.

As the fellowship of the ring set out to find the best path to destruction no one could help wondering what would happen if they put the Ring of Power to their own use. Would the wizard step up and claim it? Only if the swift hobbit would let him or if the Elf would sleep. Suddenly the strange influence of the Ring worked his magic and the Ring was lost. The fellowship knew that it would find its way back to the dark Lord, the Lord of Destruction...
As they set out they knew they would have to split up and claim it back in order to destroy the very pillars they had build upon.

There you have it. The fellowship fell apart and you are picking one of the characters up to play with in order to claim the ring back. You can choose any class you want with of course a few limitations in order to keep this tournament within the right paths. Also, there are more goals to this tournament then one. The first is naturally to try to get a Guardian.. you need to find the Lord of Destruction and defeat him. Also, since there are three LoD's (three difficulties) you will need to find 3 rings. You must find the ring Baal has stolen!! Take a screenshot on each difficulty level proving Baal has dropped you a ring, the item quality doesn't matter. If you have ATMA you can also provide us with an ATMA read-out.

On to the rules.

This tournament will not have a time limit. It's almost vacation so I'm sure the interest will lay low after a while but I'll close it when I see fit (when everyone dies, is Guardian or no one updates anymore).
This will be a Hardcore tournament. You may play any Diablo version you want, however I recommend using either 1.10 or 1.11. You may also play with the RRM and RWM. No limitations on RWM usage.

Now the characters..
I've picked each character class to represent a fellowship of the Ring member, however it doesn't fit entirely so here goes:
Amazon = Elf
Assassin = Hobbit
Barbarian = Dwarf
Druid = Sorcerer
Paladin = Human
That's right, no Necromancer or Sorceress... sorry.

Stats: You may use your stats in any way you can think off.
Town: You may wander around town and use everything you can think off.
Multiplayer: You will play alone.. the party split up remember?
Stash: You can store any item. No limitations on stash or inventory.
Muling: Muling off is allowed, no muling on.
You may use any player setting you seem fit. You may switch at all times.

Skills and Equipment:

Elf
Weaponry: Bows & Spears. This means you're two handed at all times.
Skills: Magic Arrow, Guided Arrow, All the Fire Arrows, All the Passive Skills, Fend, Impale and Jab.

Hobbit:
Weaponry: You cannot use a shield.
Skills: No trap skills allowed, No elemental Martial Art skills allowed (so no Fists of Fire, Claws of Thunder, Blades of Ice, Phoenix Strike or Dragon Tail), All Shadow Disciplines.

Dwarf:
Weaponry: Axes for weapons. No shield.
Skills: All skills allowed except for Double Throw, Find Item, Find Potion and Grim Ward.

Sorcerer:
Weaponry: Staves and Swords. No Shield.
Skills: All Summoning Skills, No Shape Shifting Skills, All Elemental Skills.

Human:
Weaponry: Swords, Knives and Shield. You may choose to go two handed.
Skills: Combat Skills allowed are Sacrifice, Zeal, Charge and Holy Shield, No Offensive Auras, all Defensive Auras.

There are no limitations on other gear you want to wear.. if you find a Barbarian helm with +3 to Grim Ward you may use the helm, but not the skill. Same goes for any item you find with charges. You may use the charges if you are allowed the skill, this also means no cross class charge using (so no Enchant for anyone but also no charges of Cloak of Shadows for anyone except for Assassins). No limitations on items which have chance to cast.

The tournament will have a winner of course. It is the person who claims the most ground before dying or if more people have found all three rings it is the person who has the lowest level. I will just give a hint: Don't go playing the game trough as fast as possible.. you won't gain a lot by playing on /players one instead of /players eight. The tournament will not have a prize stash. I will play this tournament for fun and I hope others will too. Winning will give you glory and honour.

I think that's it. Some classes will have it easier then others, however I think that the Role-Playing involved was more important then to keep every class equal 😃

Good luck everyone!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High