1 pt. wonders, that make hammerdins uberhunters?

mollybloom

Jun 26, 2008
1 pt. wonders, that make hammerdins uberhunters?

Hi guys,

I am currently building a hammmerdin with full synergies, but would really like to kill some ubers as well, so my question is: is it possible? what skills to go for? what gear to swap? my current setup gearwise is:

Enigma mp
Hoto
arach
shako
maras
10%fc, 12 str. 10 @ rare ring
bk 3
waterwalks

I furthermore have some draculs, gores and other stuff in my stash....

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Re: 1 pt. wonders, that make hammerdins uberhunters?

Without having tried it, I'd say yeah - it's certainly possible.

If you replace
- Enigma with Duress you get 15% CB
- Shako with Guli you get another 15% *
- Waterwalks with gore for another 15% *
- Draculs for lifetap
- A decent smiter weapon. Since you have access to high runes Grief seems like the obvious choice

* You might not have enough strength for this after removing Enigma.

and 1pt into smite.

The only remaining problem is casting initial life tap on the ubers.

Oh, you also need one point in fanatism (You have the prereq's), and a single +skill to reach a 6fpa BP with smite using a 40% IAS grief.

Oh, you also need one point in fanatism (You have the prereq's), and a single +skill to reach a 6fpa BP with smite using a 40% IAS grief.

And if you don't have enough strength, use a nice high str, crafted blood ring (got life leech too) as well as drop the BK ring for a ravens (you musn't be chilled whilst mid-smiting). For belt you can use T-gods or Nos coil to help you with your possible str troubles. Gulli adds str 15 and dracs add str so you should be ok. Even Zaka adds a big chunk of str.
If your grief roll comes out imperfect IAS, you can socket your Gulli with IAS jewel?

Easy and with cheap items, I have no fant all my spare point is going towards holy shield.

I'm using
primary
pdiamond HoZ
Astreon's Iron Ward (lowest roll)

secondary (switch
pally spirit
wand /w lifetap

Treachery (enable fade before going in)
GoreRider
Dracul
Tgod
RavenFrost
DwarfStar
Metalgrid

thx for the replies! Tenzor, your gear seems very affordable, which is cool (all my wealth went into getting the abovementioned items, so dont have the runes for grief for now),

But do i need the astreons or would a 6 sox shaeled pb be enough to trigger the cb´s? Or is there a third option that would work as well?

Hi! Based on my experience with 45% to 65% cb 6 Shael cs/pb is enough

I used:
01. 6 Shael 15% Ed cs + Life tab wand (From hell Malah)
02. Black (Flail) + Life tab wand
03. Shael Astreon's Iron Ward (From hell Baal @ Ladder IV)
04. 2 Shael Heaven's Light (From hell Andariel @ Ladder IV)
05. http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6791154&postcount=317

Actually you could also try Salvation. Makes smiting Meph easy.

I was thinking about doing something like this... I am new to palys atm my hdin has a wizspike, what weapon should I be looking for to smite with?
I see the CB gear, will start looking for those to keep on mule for "ubering"
also what is the next upgrade in weapons past the wizspike for the hammers?

Wiz Spike is a great weapon for a hdin to use in trist or in regular pvm. For hammer spamming HoTo is the next upgrade, and for trist a 'shael' wizzy is actually pretty nice.

so for hammers I am pretty much looking for a wizzy that has a socket, what's a hoto?

I use the following and do Uber Trist just fine on my lvl 92 Hammerdin:

Guillame's Face (15as jewel)
23 Mara's
Enigma
37IAS Grief
Dracul's
Gore Rider's
SoJ
Raven Frost
Arach Mesh
Um'd Up'd HoZ

I also have a Ptorch and an Anni but I did my first kill without a Ptorch (my first torch was a Ptorch heh). I use Treachery for pre-buff (it eats up a little time to get it to proc but it makes the Ubers a joke) and just switch Enigma on for kill. I do not have any points in Fanaticism and still get by ok.

what weapon sleazy?

edit:"For hammer spamming HoTo is the next upgrade"
what's spamming HoTo mean?

I believe he meant "For hammer spamming, HoTo is the next upgrade"

HoTo = Heart of the Oak runeword - check Arreat Summit for its stats.

what weapon sleazy?

edit:"For hammer spamming HoTo is the next upgrade"
what's spamming HoTo mean?
Grief phase blade, a decently expensive runeword. For my first couple of kills i actually used a 4-shael'd phase blade on Baal + Diablo and a shael'd Wizardspike on Meph.

I don't know why people switch out the Treachery, I just wear it. The 45ias is beneficial since I got no Fant aura and I'm consistently getting targeted so that means fade will kick in just about all the time while I smash the ubers.

I don't know why people switch out the Treachery, I just wear it. The 45ias is beneficial since I got no Fant aura and I'm consistently getting targeted so that means fade will kick in just about all the time while I smash the ubers.
I don't have the str to wear my other gear without an Enigma unfortunately. I would probably wear the Treachery if I could.

You dont wear treachery during you just put it on stand in fire outside harrogath until it procs then switch to eni for the killing if you need the ress

I got a 6os phase blade... if you had an extra ber wouldn't you want at least one of those instead of 6 sheal?
Never smited before so no clue

bump still curious bout the socketing info for smiting

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High