The Jason Bourne Mafia Game

I am Jason Bourne.

Thingy you have one more chance to role claim.

You're not vanilla. Asking use to believe that you're vanilla strains credulity.

My only fear with CG is that he's actually a serial killer, but I am certain you're not being forthcoming.

lol

so we're gonna lose because of that

gg

I am Soraya Moore. I am Pro Town. I win with Town. I have no special abilities.

That is a full claim. I received that role on Night 2.

There is nothing else to say about my role.

CG voted me, and you didn't jump on and end it, so it is indeed CG as the last baddie.

Vote: CG

But pretty sure we're losing... Because the game has like half baddies. Just insane.

Again, there is that fascination with identifying who is playing Bourne. It's interesting that the two other people who were looking to do that both flipped mafia. It's also funny that you insinuate that if I'm Bourne, the role is obviously a third-party faction, but if Zarni is Bourne then he's a town role.

I'm going to just throw something out there:
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/members/jason-bourne-71.425602/

I will suggest that nobody in this game is Bourne.

You guess correctly.

I've already made my full claim. Professor Spectre, Town aligned Vigilante. Why do you not care about Zarniwoop's full claim? Is this just a big show of theater? Pretending to perform due diligence when you already know the answer to who should be lynched - "anyone but me?" (For clarity sake, the 'me' is Thingy)

Vote: Mr_Thingyman

I don't have a fascination with identifying who Bourne is. It was a throwaway comment. The important thing is that you've had killing power, which fits with the idea of you being a SK or neutral of some sort. I then figured that, well, there's a 50/50 chance that you're Bourne, and it would make sense for Bourne to have killing power - and given how I remember the movies, it would make sense that he's a lone wolf kind of thing.

That all is clearly not the case, since Zarni is Bourne. But it also doesn't matter.

For Zarni to vote me, he'd have to believe that:
1) I am a mafia - in a game where 3 people have already flipped mafia, plus one was convertible to mafia
2) I am a SK or other neutral - without any abilities. Ofc you don't know that I'm telling the truth about not having any abilities, but you at least know that I'm telling the truth about not having a killing ability... So I'd be a lone neutral with no killing powers then??

And @Zarniwoop

I hope that you at least read that post from CG and consider how likely it is to come from a townie mindset. He's pretty quick to vote me. I was also heavily leaning towards CG, but there is no reason to not do our due diligence here.

In fact, and this is the very damning part:

He asks me: "Why do you not care about Zarniwoop's full claim?"

And then proceeds to vote me.

Making it clear that HE doesn't care about your full claim.

Like what the ****

It feels weird having to defend myself over my role.

I don't know how to convince you I'm telling the truth.

I just ask you consider the following possibilities:

1) Silver wanted this WIFOM to happen
2) Silver wasn't going for a specific number of PR's or vanilla townies - he was just balancing a game, and this is how he worked out the roles
3) This probably isn't super likely, but maybe me not having any special abilities is related to me receiving my role late
4) If I WAS a baddie and had special abilities, why wouldn't I just make up some claim after seeing everyone else make claims?

I'm just simply telling the truth.

Consider the above stuff, consider CG's reaction and how he voted me, consider his posts throughout the game and consider mine. Admittedly, I haven't been that active, but that isn't alignment indicative. I was literally not informed about being in this game until it was on Day 2, and at that point I was on vacation, and then last week I had my anniversary and press stuff.

I unfortunately can't really use my reads as a defense because it probably means nothing having been against the mafia when it's likely that all the mafia are dead anyway.

The only good part of my predicament is that I can picture Zemaj behind a soundproof window screaming his lungs out but I can't hear anything.

CG is online and not engaging with me. Just for whatever it's worth.

I'm at a technical conference today and popping in and out during breaks. My online status should not be taken as gospel that I'm around and able to engage.

Quick response abou the vote - it takes four votes total to lock someone. Even if Zarniwoop votes for either of us, we can change our vote. There is literally no harm in voting for someone other than yourself as you can change it later.

I'm at a technical conference today and popping in and out during breaks. My online status should not be taken as gospel that I'm around and able to engage.

Quick response abou the vote - it takes four votes total to lock someone. Even if Zarniwoop votes for either of us, we can change our vote. There is literally no harm in voting for someone other than yourself as you can change it later.

Confused. Are you saying if Zarni votes either of us right now, we won't be lynched? How do we achieve a lynch then?

I'm not the one asking for full claims from people. You are.

But why aren't you? You're saying this as if it's scummy to be asking for that in a FINAL 3????

Confused. Are you saying if Zarni votes either of us right now, we won't be lynched? How do we achieve a lynch then?

Lynch will happen with three votes (including the free one each of us has on them) but the lock doesn’t happen until four votes total. So unless you plan on voting for yourself you are free to swap your vote around as you see fit.

But why aren't you? You're saying this as if it's scummy to be asking for that in a FINAL 3????

No, I’m saying be consistent. Either ask for claims or don’t. Cherry picking information from one player but not the other suggests that you don’t actually care about the answer given.

I believe Zarniwoop to be town because there is a dead power role that confirmed him as such.

I don’t care what his role is: he’s town and if he has information that will help then he’ll share it.

Likewise I don’t care what your role is, because by process of elimination you must be non-town, any answer you give me must be treated as untrue.

I asked from a claim for you and not Zarni because yours was the only one that could potentially sway my mind. You are likely a SK, but I'd be interested to hear more about your role to 100% make up my mind (and you still haven't claimed fully, have you? Take note of this @Zarniwoop)

I don't see what Zarni could say that'd mean more than the lie detector thing - so it's a matter of what I believe wrt the lie detector claim. And I believe it. As in, I believe that Drixx lie detected the "I am pro town" statement and not the "I am not mafia" statement. Zarni claiming roleblocker, tracker, blablabla, doesn't really mean much, because there is no way to confirm it either way.

There is ofc no way to confirm your thing either, but maybe there's a detail in it that would've been believable.

That you seem 0% interested in this nuance wrt the lie detector claim is super fishy.

I asked from a claim for you and not Zarni because yours was the only one that could potentially sway my mind. You are likely a SK, but I'd be interested to hear more about your role to 100% make up my mind (and you still haven't claimed fully, have you? Take note of this @Zarniwoop)

I have claimed fully. Post #298 was the most recent. Just because you keep saying something does not make it less true.

As for serial killer, I can (again) point to the fact that I've not exercised my kill power every night. Serial killers must kill every night or be killed themselves. As I've only killed two out of six night phases I cannot be serial killer.

I don't see what Zarni could say that'd mean more than the lie detector thing - so it's a matter of what I believe wrt the lie detector claim. And I believe it. As in, I believe that Drixx lie detected the "I am pro town" statement and not the "I am not mafia" statement. Zarni claiming roleblocker, tracker, blablabla, doesn't really mean much, because there is no way to confirm it either way.

So it sounds like you and I agree on one thing at least, yes? So why are we beating around the bush about voting for each other?

I have claimed fully. Post #298 was the most recent. Just because you keep saying something does not make it less true.

As for serial killer, I can (again) point to the fact that I've not exercised my kill power every night. Serial killers must kill every night or be killed themselves. As I've only killed two out of six night phases I cannot be serial killer.

So it sounds like you and I agree on one thing at least, yes? So why are we beating around the bush about voting for each other?

I've never heard of this before, and I've played 100+ games of mafia.

But even if that is the standard on here, you can be any type of independent/neutral role. The mere fact that you have killing power is suspicious.

With regards to your claim: Why have you not used your kill power every night? It's very anti-town to not use a vig kill. When I mean full claim, I am wondering about the limitations or stipulations or details of your vig power. Because I find it weird that you have a regular old vigilante kill that you've just opted to not use several nights.

And with regards to the underlined: I mean, we're not. I wanted to at least hear you out before voting you. But I'm voting you now.

Zarniwoop

I'd advise you to focus on this:

CG is acting very rigidly and weirdly right now, trying to focus on the "technicalities" that he can point out in my posts. That is a baddie just trying to find any thing he can say to "throw it back at me".

Such as "why are we beating around the bush", "I'm not the one asking for full claims, you are", "why do you not care about Zarniwoop's full claim?", "fascination with identifying who Bourne is", etc. These are all disingenious (and bad) things to be focusing on.

He is "playing to try to throw suspicion on me"

He is not being genuine or sincere

I am super biased, but I think that is shining through in his posts

CG was my number one suspect a couple days ago. I think I know which way I'm leaning. Even if Thingy isn't on my team, wtf is he gonna do to me? Yell at me?

CG might have tried to kill me one night. That won't work.

As in, you are unkillable?

What are your thoughts right now? Seems there's no reason for you to not be open about this.

(Headed to bed now, wife getting increasingly upset, so will check in tomorrow :p)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High