Question 2 ...

Are you willing to do a restart to remain a fully active member of the SPF? (This covers MP/trade/t

• Yes

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • don't participate in anything other than single pass untwinked no-item exchange tournaments

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • I don't MP/trade/participate in tournaments just read stuff

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming that restarting mean that if you have played 100% vanilla (as you define vanilla in the points for consideration thread), which I do, you would not have to delete or remove the characters. If so, I would be fine with it. If you had to restart no matter what because it was the "general SPF restart moment" I would be against it.

I realize this is not a discussion thread, as stated by Thyiad in the OP. But, there is no way I am going to delete anything I have done so far. To be honest, I am surprised the yes/no is as close as it is. In my mind I can come up with several reasons this is being asked, but I will wait for further explanation from Thyiad or the other mods as to what this all means.

As I read it, the question is not relative to what you do or have done now. It is absolute, so there is no “I only play vanilla so it doesn’t apply to me.”

Bumping because the poll (and thread) will close in about 15 hours, so no chance to vote after that. Ta.

(And yes I appreciate a poll can't cover the nuances but it's either not enough options or a poll with 45 options which someone will then find doesn't cover them. :p Shoot me a PM if you feel you can't vote anywhere near accurately but obviously that then removes the anonymity but the option is there.)

I realize this is not a discussion thread, as stated by Thyiad in the OP. But, there is no way I am going to delete anything I have done so far. To be honest, I am surprised the yes/no is as close as it is. In my mind I can come up with several reasons this is being asked, but I will wait for further explanation from Thyiad or the other mods as to what this all means.

If that's because you're going for a grail, consider that you COULD separate those items into a stash / pool of items that only is used by non-SPF trading characters. So you could restart but also not lose everything per se. Only your active SPF chars would be restarted.

I voted yes simply because what I'm playing with right now is a clean reset about 2 years ago. Full selffound, no trading and tbh I'm loving it. I had a decent amount of items before (including some obtained through hard work in previous versions), but I felt tainted after some trades and seeing people get called out for using certain mods, and mainly because I knew some people here obtained some items from other forums filled with dupes and item creators.

Does it mean I will never get a near perfect character? Yes. Does it give a great sense of accomplishment to play a character wearing a 4 ptopaz armour but at the same time using my selffound HoTo and soon CtA? YES!!!
Does it mean that awesome skiller I found for a class I loathe playing will gather dust? Yes, but it doesn't bother me at all.

To be honest, I used to be all about pvp. And I would love to be able to pvp again with people with sub-optimal builds. I joined some of the pvp games here over the years and realize that with my selffound characters I won't ever really stand a chance. And that's ok. Though sometimes I wonder if we wouldn't be able to get a little bit more activity going if everyone was in the same situation. It might scare newer players/clean resets to join games with greatly tweaked champs. A clean reset for the forums might bring more life into that scene, while people who put a lot of work into their tweaked champions could still pvp together outside of that (only about 4-5 people I believe).

Currently already restarted in 1.00 and 1.07 LoD based on current rules in 2016/2017 but I am self found grail minus some on my 1.10/1.11 RWM/RRM characters and I would not want to restart these to maintain these and some great finds given the infrequent trading I did back on and before 2008 for stuff that wasn't runes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High