Final Fantasy Forum Mafia Signup Thread

Just so everyone knows, we have drawn a few things from other sources. If you expect ONLY FFT stuff, you will be surprised. Think of the lore source more as "Final Fantasy Job System" games, not just Tactics.
Yeah, I gathered that, I'm just a fanboy! :p I've played FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, FF3j, and FF5j, so there probably isn't anything job related that would surprise me. :thumbsup: Are we all going to be Humans, or are there also going to be Moogles and Dragonborn... I mean Bangaa?

I've played FF1-9 all the way through, including the original Japanese (translated :p) NES/SNES versions, so yeah, old-school Final Fantasy Fanboy here. I lost interest in the series after 9, became more of a PC gamer after that anyway. 4 (you spoony bard!), 6 (stop laughing Kefka!), 7 (Nooooo!!! Aeris!!!) and Tactics (Orlandu. I win.) are 4 of the greatest games ever made by my estimation. 8 is the only one I've never been able to bring myself to play more than once, it just.. meh.. Junction system... meh...

Oh thank goodness, Moar, you and I need to stick together! I played FF3 on my Kindle and it made ZERO sense. I'm thinking about playing another one of them though as apparently that one isn't a good example. Suggestions please?
FF3 is a little rough. It was their first go at making a really elaborate RPG and it had strengths and weaknesses. The later games had more consistent quality and made more sense. My personal favorite is 4, but 6 is a very close 2nd, it's more popular, and is probably a better game overall, objectively speaking. 7 is amazing, but it totally leaves behind the medieval fantasy genre for a more sci-fi feel, so whatever sounds more interesting to you.

As for FFTactics, a more casual experience would be Tactics Advance. Compared to FFT (which had a really mature theme), FFTA is kind of... child-like? (but not childish), but it's done in a tasteful way and is quite good and approachable. By the end, I thought the story was really touching. FFTA2 is a loose sequel to FFTA, but it's LONG!!

I have the same feelings for 4 and 6. I think 6 is a better game overall but I like 4 more <3

I still don't know the story for FFT :p I found it too convoluted to follow I guess

Yeah, I gathered that, I'm just a fanboy! :p I've played FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, FF3j, and FF5j, so there probably isn't anything job related that would surprise me. :thumbsup: Are we all going to be Humans, or are there also going to be Moogles and Dragonborn... I mean Bangaa?

I've played FF1-9 all the way through, including the original Japanese (translated :p) NES/SNES versions, so yeah, old-school Final Fantasy Fanboy here. I lost interest in the series after 9, became more of a PC gamer after that anyway. 4 (you spoony bard!), 6 (stop laughing Kefka!), 7 (Nooooo!!! Aeris!!!) and Tactics (Orlandu. I win.) are 4 of the greatest games ever made by my estimation. 8 is the only one I've never been able to bring myself to play more than once, it just.. meh.. Junction system... meh...

FF3 is a little rough. It was their first go at making a really elaborate RPG and it had strengths and weaknesses. The later games had more consistent quality and made more sense. My personal favorite is 4, but 6 is a very close 2nd, it's more popular, and is probably a better game overall, objectively speaking. 7 is amazing, but it totally leaves behind the medieval fantasy genre for a more sci-fi feel, so whatever sounds more interesting to you.

As for FFTactics, a more casual experience would be Tactics Advance. Compared to FFT (which had a really mature theme), FFTA is kind of... child-like? (but not childish), but it's done in a tasteful way and is quite good and approachable. By the end, I thought the story was really touching. FFTA2 is a loose sequel to FFTA, but it's LONG!!

The one I played started out with you falling down a hole and trying to get out of some caves. The issue I had was that there seemed no rhyme or reason to how fights were won or lost and it was terribly repetitive and boring. Monsters would show up, I would fight them, and it seemed completely random who won or lost, and it was very tedious. Is this what "turn based" means? Logout and I had a conversation about this a while back and I do feel that I am missing out. I only have PC and Wii though so that might answer the question! :)

lol it is certainly not random who wins or loses. If you're killed you lose, if you kill the monsters, you win.

Yes, I get that, it just seems like the computer is picking the winners and losers and so there was no skill involved and it was very tedious. This is not at all a critique on the FF series, which I don't know, just an observation of that one crappy and over priced Kindle app. :)

I think it would be responsible of me to start out by saying... Jager. :party:

The one I played started out with you falling down a hole and trying to get out of some caves. The issue I had was that there seemed no rhyme or reason to how fights were won or lost and it was terribly repetitive and boring. Monsters would show up, I would fight them, and it seemed completely random who won or lost, and it was very tedious. Is this what "turn based" means? Logout and I had a conversation about this a while back and I do feel that I am missing out. I only have PC and Wii though so that might answer the question! :)
Yeah, that's the one I thought you were talking about. I played the NDS version and I never managed to complete it. I can't remember how turn based it was, but turn based generally means that when it's your turn, you can take however much time you need to decide what you are gonna do. Most of the numbered games blur the lines between that and real-time (the enemies keep on bashing your doods while you make up your mind), but the FFT games are purely turn-based. They can all be a little repetitive though. From memory, the regular enemies in FF3 can be pretty hard in places or require special strategies, but in later games, most enemies are pretty easy, they mainly function to wear you down to make the bosses harder. Also, later games reduced the amount of grinding you have to do, assuming you don't run from a lot of battles.

As a side note, FF6 was originally released in the US as FF3 on the SNES, but it's a totally different game. In modern times they call it FF6, any version released in the last decade should be called FF6.

Similar games from that era that are a little faster-paced/real-time are Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Both are super fun, and Chrono Trigger is considered "one of the best games EVAR!!!1!!" ;)

I haven't played Final Fantasy since they started putting numbers after the name. 4 white mages FTW! And Ribbons!

/in

I haven't played Final Fantasy since they started putting numbers after the name. 4 white mages FTW! And Ribbons!

/in
I've done the 4 WM challenge, and 4 red mage, 4 black mage, 1 thief..*

This was on the GBA port "Dawn of Souls" and was therefore significantly easier. single thief challenge otherwise is incredibly difficult.

/in

I've done the 4 WM challenge, and 4 red mage, 4 black mage, 1 thief..*

This was on the GBA port "Dawn of Souls" and was therefore significantly easier. single thief challenge otherwise is incredibly difficult.

I have done full party clears on the NES cartridge of each class, and done solo clears with each class. Fighter, Fighter, Fighter, Fighter. Solo Fighter. Thief, Thief, Thief, Thief. Solo Thief. Etc. Etc. Etc. And various other combinations, restrictions, and challenges.

I've beaten US II(IV) once, as a young lad, never gone back and played it again as an adult. Tried to play NES Japanese II, but I can't read it, couldn't get out of the cave. Never got far in the one where you start out with Boko the chocobo investigating a meteor crash. Never beaten US III(VI). Never played any US port of V, and have never gotten much past the ghost ship area (I don't read Japanese)

Beaten VII inside and out. Never gotten past Ifrit battle in VIII. Never gotten past the Vivi town in IX. Never gotten past the Thunderplains in X. Never touched X-2. XI is MMO, and have logged more hours than I care to say. Got through roughly half of XII, watched my brother-in-law play most of XIII.

I've played through Tactics many times. Never made it passed the first fight on Tactics Advance. Never touched any other FF on a handheld, other than the Dawn of Souls port of I, never tried II. Also played roughly a quarter of Crisis Core.

Never tried Dirge of Cerberus.

Watched Advent Children a time or two, Spirits Within was a giant troll. FF Unlimited was really good, but I'm not sure if I watched all of it.

Oh, there was a cartoon I saw once for a Japanese finals project where a guy wrote his own story, called it Final Fantasy A+ or something like that. It was cute. Also seen many of the 8-Bit theater comics as well.

I can't think of any other FF stuff...

I've beaten US II(IV) once, as a young lad, never gone back and played it again as an adult. Tried to play NES Japanese II, but I can't read it, couldn't get out of the cave.

Yes, it was infuriating. I'd take 2 steps and some cute monsters would pop up, I'd press the "hit" button or whatever until I was told if I had won or lost, repeat until I wanted to scream. I guess it's a combo of this not being the best game and not being great ported over to a Kindle.

Besides, I'm tempted by Zelda for the Wii (Twilight Princess - no way my son will play a game with that name!) because apparently you get to ride a horse! :)

Yes, it was infuriating. I'd take 2 steps and some cute monsters would pop up, I'd press the "hit" button or whatever until I was told if I had won or lost, repeat until I wanted to scream. I guess it's a combo of this not being the best game and not being great ported over to a Kindle.

Besides, I'm tempted by Zelda for the Wii (Twilight Princess - no way my son will play a game with that name!) because apparently you get to ride a horse! :)

I did quite enjoy that game, love every zelda game I have played.

Twilight princess is a very good game. Definitely worth your time. I'm about halfway through skyward sword and can't decide if I am gonna finish it, but have liked what I've played so far.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I want to ride a horse. I wish diablo had horses. The paladin would look a lot better rising around on a horse. The Druid would ride a buffalo. The sorc would ride a cute little white palfrey that had spikes in its hooves and shot lasers out of its eyes or something.

Zelda! I am inspired, at some point I will get it. :p. Appropriate for a 7 year old or too scary?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High