X-men mafia game thread

I've seen roles where you can steal someone else's ability (and in fact the previous game had one) but I refuse to believe that you can take an ability and [highlight]use it on the same night[/highlight]. Unless that very odd claim post can somehow be explained, I believe the lynch all liars rule should be invoked.

That's the point I was trying to make in #544, though I did it horribly since I was rushing out the door of work. Either Jcakes used Eye Lazors on the towniest person in the thread or he can use abilities on the night he obtains them.

Of course, this is assuming that Eye Lazors is a non-investigative power, since I've never seen Cyclops beam someone and learn their true heart's desire.

I think the protection thing is from cyclops, not the Eye Lazor, at least that's how I read it.

Sounds to me like Cyclops has an NK ability, which JCakes may have inadvertently blocked

hh m hhhh hh mh mhm hh m hhh hm m hm hmh mmh h m h mhh hmmh mmm hhh m hmh h hhh m hmh hh mhmh m hh mmm mh hhh m mmm hmmh hm hhh hhmh mmm hmh hmmm mhmh hm mhm h hhh mhmh hmhh hm hh mm h hmhh hh m h mhhh mmm mhh mhmm mmh hhm hm hmh mhh hhh mmm hhm mh mhh hhh hmhh hh mhm h hm mm hm hhmh hh hm hmh mmm hmhh h m mmm hmmh hmh mmm m h mhmh m hm mmh mmm mhh hhmh hm m hhhh h hmh m mmm mm h hhh m mmm hmmh

"I think it's a targeted post restriction. As for Jcakes' claim, elite bodyguard sounds like a mafia role to protect a Godfather to me"

I have taken the liberty of adding punctuation and commas and apostrophes as necessary. I also agree that the post restriction is a targeted ability because the only other possibility would be that it was a result of targeting Caluin Graye but I did so again to test that possibility and am not post restricted today.

hh mhh hh mhh hmmm hhm hhh m mh mmm m m hhhh h m hmm mmm hhhh h hm hhh mhm h mhh hm mhhh mmm hhm m

"I did, just not the two He asked about"

I personally would prefer that people not speculate on Jcakes' post. It is confusing and unclear and people have already possibly provided him with a fake claim (Morph) as it is. Let him come back and explain the very strange post he made. The font size changing suggests something to me that may not occur to others.

My very broad experience dealing with evaluating undergraduate essays has led me to realize that a font size change that does not seem to have a purpose is most frequently the sign of a copy and paste and so I wonder what to make of Jcakes' already odd post if assuming the smaller text was pasted in from elsewhere. And from where would it have most likely been pasted?

're: elite bodyguard - Morph died protecting Xavier in the comics. Did none of you read the comics or bother to do the slightest bit of research?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

're: elite bodyguard - Morph died protecting Xavier in the comics. Did none of you read the comics or bother to do the slightest bit of research?

Except that he claims to be Morph and be able to steal powers from someone else. He claims to have stolen "Eye Lazors" on night one and "Elite bodyguard" on night two. He then claims to have used the bodyguard on me last night but that goes counter to every mafia game ever.

Why are you, Noodle, going out of your way to breadcrumb potential outs for another player? That's so unlike you as to cause me to doubletake.

Oh ... and Eye Lazors does seem like the sort of ability that might kill someone. Two people died last night. One plus One equals?

((Make sure to let me know before things get to the "threatening to eat my shorts" stage again, I'll make sure to be "sick" that day :D))

Why are you, Noodle, going out of your way to breadcrumb potential outs for another player? That's so unlike you as to cause me to doubletake.

Because I've loved and followed the X-Men for thirty years. And I suspect that the mods wouldn't have chosen this theme unless they did too. And hence, I doubt they would choose such a simple and mediocre game as is being described by others who obviously aren't aware of the richness of X-Men lore.

The current trend seems to be, someone is a shapeshifter, therefore they have to be the most obvious shapeshifter. That's BS, in an intelligently crafted game by people who actually know the lore. It's worth at least discussing alternate situations. This is obviously a complex game, with your own post restriction a glaring example. Let's not over simplify, is all I'm saying.

Because I've loved and followed the X-Men for thirty years. And I suspect that the mods wouldn't have chosen this theme unless they did too. And hence, I doubt they would choose such a simple and mediocre game as is being described by others who obviously aren't aware of the richness of X-Men lore.

The current trend seems to be, someone is a shapeshifter, therefore they have to be the most obvious shapeshifter. That's BS, in an intelligently crafted game by people who actually know the lore. It's worth at least discussing alternate situations. This is obviously a complex game, with your own post restriction a glaring example. Let's not over simplify, is all I'm saying.

That's all fine and dandy, but Jcakes isn't under fire because he's a shapeshifter or even which shapeshifter he is, although it would obviously be suicidal to admit being Mystique. Jcakes is under fire because he made a post that doesn't seem very coherent and which quite frankly seems impossible to believe.

And you have made two different posts giving reasons to explain away that post, which I see as you breadcrumbing him ways to get out of his slip. You also were quite helpful to him in pointing out that there had been a major shapeshifter in the comics other than mystique. Of course, I believe if you added up all the issues of the various x-men comic series and x-men related series, we're talking multiple thousands of issues.

That's all fine and dandy, but Jcakes isn't under fire because he's a shapeshifter or even which shapeshifter he is, although it would obviously be suicidal to admit being Mystique. Jcakes is under fire because he made a post that doesn't seem very coherent and which quite frankly seems impossible to believe.

And you have made two different posts giving reasons to explain away that post, which I see as you breadcrumbing him ways to get out of his slip. You also were quite helpful to him in pointing out that there had been a major shapeshifter in the comics other than mystique. Of course, I believe if you added up all the issues of the various x-men comic series and x-men related series, we're talking multiple thousands of issues.

Apology accepted.

@Noodle - I won't apologize for pointing out that you are posting out of your normal style and giving a player who made an exceptionally questionable post the means necessary to explain away the questions we have. That's scummy.

Apology accepted.

BUT LAST GAME YOU APOLOGIZED AND WERE TOWN. SO DAT MEANS YOU ARE SCUME CAUSE THIS GAME YOU ACCEPTED THE APOLOGIEZ.

But seriously, Noodle sure is fiesty! And after being asked to not speak for someone else (rightfully so after the Morph claim) he goes and again gives JCakes more ammo.

Do not like.

Also, I feel obligated to state this since no one else has:

If the mafia have a power to make people talk in a post restriction and don't choose to silence themselves they are eliminating people who they need to be considered scum to win.

Not saying BPC is auto-scum because of this, but if mafia have gone all terminator in an XMen game and become self aware, it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High