X-men mafia game thread

Moar ... did it occur to you that Pharphis put that out there encoded so that a mafia partner could decode it and post the results for exactly the line of reasoning you are using?
Yes. There is no way he could guarantee that a buddy of his would decode it first. There were 20 otheres alive and discounting me and Goldrue, there were 18 who are capable of decoding that message. We can see if it was so special if several of you guys try to decode it without any of the information you got from Zokar.

Also, the way he went about it has people thinking that Jcakes is Mystique, who is generally considered a very bad gal.
Jcakes said he wans't Mystique. Not that I believe that, but I googled the wiki for shapeshifters at work today. Mystique didn't even show up there. Haven't read up on them there yet though.

@Bad Ash: Should Zokar flip mafia, what do you think that says about Jcakes? What if town?

I kind of see where you're coming from, but I still think logout is the best option for today. His claim is textbook and his actions are scummier than I've seen in a long while.

Vote: Logout

Mystique is a shapeshifter and probably the most famous shapeshifter in the x-men universe. She's basically Magneto's right hand "man" and most loyal zealot. I could see Pharphis' play being a lot of things. He could have been "exposing" Jcakes as Mystique and outing a scum partner with a bit of reverse psychology ... too much wifom.

I someday hope to have a scum list denoted in light years.

Remind me and I will do this for you in the next game.

Monday, I'm leaving for vacation through the new year. International travel. If I'm not posting, it's because I'm engaging in a serious case of jet lag. Or I'm dead.

Or just having too much fun?

Not really answering your question. It was what it is now just that "mutant power cop" was added. That should have been my answer.

This is correct. It initially said godfater/namecop, which was a mistake by me.

@Bad Ash: Should Zokar flip mafia, what do you think that says about Jcakes? What if town?

I kind of see where you're coming from, but I still think logout is the best option for today. His claim is textbook and his actions are scummier than I've seen in a long while.

Vote: Logout

I don't see Zokar's flip changing what it says of JCakes without hearing more from JCakes. Because:

Mystique is a shapeshifter and probably the most famous shapeshifter in the x-men universe. She's basically Magneto's right hand "man" and most loyal zealot. I could see Pharphis' play being a lot of things. He could have been "exposing" Jcakes as Mystique and outing a scum partner with a bit of reverse psychology ... too much wifom.

I think it's way too risky of a play if JCakes and Phar are on the same team.

Vote: JCakes

Would like to hear more. We go two night kills. JCakes confirmed he is a shape shifter. Could be two anti-town teams. And while I would assume Magneto and Mystique are apart of the same team, we just have no way of knowing that.

As far as Zokar goes, he still wasn't on board with the Phar lynch (pot meet kettle with me not being around), and sorry, I am not privileged with knowing whether or not the mafia QT's contain the information on Phar's abilities. We've played in enough games where nothing is guaranteed and I don't have an answer for why he would encrypt something that was apparently very easy to decode instead of just coming right out and saying it. Yes, I am going to question this.

This is true. However, Apocalypse could shape shift, and the changeling Morph was a high level shifter who gave his life protecting Xavier. He appeared in 499 comics, so isn't completely obscure.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

With JCakes verifying that he is a shapeshifter, I am not sure I am following how he could have done something similar without him and JCakes being in cahoots.

Cahoots is possible. I wouldn't put it past pharphis. Or Jcakes. Are you implying it's not possible? And yes, there are other options such as pumping someone for info.

((I'm sorry, my wife has apparently decided to take the night off from her motherly duties, so I can't be very active. At worst, I will post in 14 hours when I get to work, but she seems like she is not interested in dealing with the baby.))

Vote: Jcakes

I used a power last night and confirmed Jcakes does have the Shapeshift ability. That's all I know about him.
Since pharphis is dead, I reckon I can speculate: He may have not known that someone would go through words to figure out the code (like zokar use the word "shape"). I've copy-pasted pharphis' post and used shape and zkahf (or w/e that is) and haven't come up with anything intelligible. Has anyone else found anything like what zokar found?

Zokar, will you tell what you did so others can do it too, in order to see what you saw?
All this does, in my thinking, is prove that pharphis did have the cop role he claimed and found out that jcakes had a shapeshift. How jcakes would know to use that first part of his name, I do not know. Either way...

Vote: Jcakes

I used a power last night and confirmed Jcakes does have the Shapeshift ability. That's all I know about him.
Since pharphis is dead, I reckon I can speculate: He may have not known that someone would go through words to figure out the code (like zokar use the word "shape"). I've copy-pasted pharphis' post and used shape and zkahf (or w/e that is) and haven't come up with anything intelligible. Has anyone else found anything like what zokar found?

Zokar, will you tell what you did so others can do it too, in order to see what you saw?
All this does, in my thinking, is prove that pharphis did have the cop role he claimed and found out that jcakes had a shapeshift. How jcakes would know to use that first part of his name, I do not know. Either way...

http://encode.creativitygames.net/

Put in Vasuek in the bottom.

Encoding key is Shape.

Click Decode.

It says JCakes.

How Zokar came up with Shape (he said he just entered some guesses) IDK, cause I don't think that would have been one of my guesses.

Cahoots is possible. I wouldn't put it past pharphis. Or Jcakes. Are you implying it's not possible? And yes, there are other options such as pumping someone for info.

Never said it wasn't possible. I don't find it likely, but it's definitely possible.

How jcakes would know to use that first part of his name, I do not know. Either way...

It was explicit in the instructions.
Put the phrase on the bottom box and then get a list of roles and abilities and if it seems like they have two parts like shape shifter, you put that in the key box and decide then the top box says JCakes.

Well, I have to go write a final exam and since it looks like I'm going to be lynched as usual I'm going to claim.

I'm Magneto
mutant power: metal control
role: power cop
Additionally my helmet provides some protection (?). Mods wouldn't elaborate on what that meant but I presume it applies to specific night actions. Maybe metal-related things.

I hope this explains why I've been looking at people funny for making assumptions based on character name before any real information is available to us. At least one person today said that Magneto is evil for most but not all of the series, but it looks as though we're either in a specific timeline where Magneto is not evil OR alignments are randomized for each role. (I forget who else suggested this - possibly town)

Last night I investigated Jcakes and will encode his role. No time to find an easier encoder to use, but if you put in the first half of your power ("mutant" if your power is called "mutantpower")
The difficulty lies in that I can't use repeating letters in the encoding key, so you can also just go until you hit a repeat letter if that makes more sense to you.

encoded message "Vasuek"
http://encode.creativitygames.net/

Jcakes can vouch for my ability if he likes but I figured I'd get it out there before lynch. if he refuses to decode it later in the game if I'm dead then he's playing stupid and is probably scum.

Unvote: Valerie
Vote: Forgoutzero

Ok I am going to make a full claim.

I really wanted to be here first thing, but there is no chance of me being up that early on a Saturday.

First point, the reason I noticed instantly that Pharphis had my role was his role claim (Power Cop), this is my ability. I did not actually decode pharphis' post.
Second point, I am a shapeshifter (that is my mutant power) my name is Morph.
Third point, it turns out my ability is actually a kind of role thief ability. Last night I had the ability of the person I targeted night 1.

In terms of targets and results
N1: I targeted someone and got the result of ability "Eye Lazors". You'll not I crumbed that in a post (this is the exact spelling and the person who I targeted should know this).
N2: I obtain the ability of Elite Bodyguard (x shots): You may choose someone to protect. If you choose correctly, neither your target nor you will die. I targeted Drixx, I apparently expended a shot doing so, sorry Cyclops if I used one of your shots ...... I've been informed that i will have my original ability tomorrow night.

As far as Zokar goes, he still wasn't on board with the Phar lynch

Because as I stated earlier, I thought it was just some townies fighting. So, at the time it seemed like the shapeshifter clue was real. I googled xmen shapeshifter and she was the first thing that popped up, hence my reasoning for switching.

With talk about Morph? I wonder what can really be gained by knowing his power, seems like things can go either way... Not sure what to think of this stuff yet though.

It was explicit in the instructions.
Put the phrase on the bottom box and then get a list of roles and abilities and if it seems like they have two parts like shape shifter, you put that in the key box and decide then the top box says JCakes.

Actually it is not. It confused the hell out of me when I tried to decode it.

With JCakes verifying that he is a shapeshifter, I am not sure I am following how he could have done something similar without him and JCakes being in cahoots.

I did not verify that I was a shapeshifter. What I stated is that Pharphis knew my ability (Power Cop was his claim). I had to post relatively quickly because I was up ~ 30 minutes before day end.

Was clear to me...but I deal with encryption on a frequent basis as part of work sometimes.

Ok. Question for you, how did you decode it? You state you tried multiple words, what words did you try?

and now you are useless, NK immune is generally only useful if mafia don't know about it.

No I am not mystique.

but you are a shapeshifter?

I did not verify that I was a shapeshifter. What I stated is that Pharphis knew my ability (Power Cop was his claim). I had to post relatively quickly because I was up ~ 30 minutes before day end.

Ok, so then you're a shape?
What kind of shape?
Lots of curves?
Sharp edges?
Ok, puts fishing pole away :rolleyes:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High