X-men mafia game thread

Zokar's "Why are you so certain that humans and aliens are neutral?":
Good question. You see, in the X-men universe, the title mutant group have a varied amount of enemies, yet the number one nemesis has been for a long time Magneto, and his "Brotherhood of Mutants". There are several human and alien characters in the X-men comics (and sister publications like X-Force, Runaways, New Mutants, and so on), but in this game the roster would have to be huge for any of those characters to be part of the factions.

It is very likely that this game consists of two factions: the X-men, and Magneto's team. It's also likely that, like in most of mafia games, there are neutral roles, like Sublime, Bolivar Trask, Striker, etc. Yet, none of these enemies would suit nice for a role, since all them operated with a significant group of subordinates (Trask and his sentinels, Sublime and Weapon X projext, Striker and his fanatics) and none were inherently powerful on their own (like say, Tony Stark / Ironman, who had his suit to boost or replace his ordinary human abilities).

There could also be human allies aligned with the X-men team, like Moira McTaggert, but it is very unlikely she's in this game. Regarding the aliens, there are the Inhumans and the Shi'ar as possible factions, but the number of players is not high enough to include even the most basic composition of each of those.

Drixx's post #112:
"Earlier post got cut off, should have been as follows: I'm the Icemand and I was told my mutant power, my alignment and then my ability, which was a role and explanation and I was also given a flavor description of my ability... (the rest that follows is what both me and Bichemist already posted)".

Drixx's post #117:
"Easy way to translate my posts: copy into notepad, go to edit and do replace, replace with a period and a dash and then copy that into a translator. It should only take a few seconds to translate my posts then."
-----
Yes, but it still takes a bit to re-organize the words, since the translation from Morse-to-Text clumps all the words together in upper case.

Jesus H, there has to be a shorter way to say this. Like there is absolutlely no reason for this to be that long. I am willing to translate to help you, but come on man.

hh hmmmmh mm hhh mmm hmh hmh mhmm hm hmhh hhh mmm hh hmhh mmm hhhm h mhmm mmm hhm hh mh hm hhhm h hmh mhmm hmmh hmhh hm m mmm mh hh mhmh hmm hm mhmm

"EARLIER POST GOT CUT OFF, SHOULD HAVE BEEN AS FOLLOWS I'M SORRY ALSO I LOVE YOU IN A VERY PLATONIC WAY"
Creepy.

Drixx claiming IceMan gives him credibility which can't be tested this early in the game, but he's already ignoring the possibility that he might be wrong.

Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but mutants are mutants no? Magneto is classified as a mutant as much as Wolverine is right?

"EARLIER POST GOT CUTOFF, SHOULD HAVE BEEN AS FOLLOWS
I AM THE ICEMAN AND I WAS TOLD MY MUTANT POWER MY ALIGNMENT AND THEN MY ABILITY WHICH WAS A ROLE AND EXPLANATION AND I WAS ALSO GIVEN A FLAVOR DESCRIPTION OF MY ABILITY I SAID THAT I BELIEVED A ROLECOP WOULD GET JAILKEEPER BECAUSE I AM UNSURE WHAT SORT OF INVESTIGATOR ROLES THERE ARE AND THEY MIGHT GET MY MUTANT POWER INSTEAD SINCE I WAS GIVEN A MUTANT POWER AND THEN AN ABILITY WITH FLAVOR TO EXPLAIN HOW MY MUTANT POWER WAS MY ABILITY I SIMPLY ASSUMED THAT IN THIS PARTICULAR THEME OUR ABILITIES ARISE OUT OF OUR MUTANT POWERS SINCE THE GAME WAS SAID TO BE ROLE HEAVY IN THE SIGN UP AND SINCE THIS THEME LENDS ITSELF TO US BEING MUTANTS WITH MUTANT POWERS I SIMPLY MADE A SHORT STATEMENT EARLIER WITH A BIT OF ROLEPLAY I SHALL ENDEAVOUR TO AVOID ROLEPLAYING WHILEST USING IMPROVISED MORSE CODE IN THE FUTURE SIMPLY TO AVOID GIVING ANYONE USELESS NITS TO PICK"
Are you saying your ability name is titled Jailkeeper? Because you're still being very vague and too wordy

Clarification: Sublime, Trask and Striker are all human foes of the X-men (and mutants in general). As a matter of fact, most of the humans and aliens that had a direct impact on the stories (that were not random characters or love interests), have been at some point or another antagonists to the heroes.

If there are human or alien roles in this mafia game, I'm absolutely sure they are not town-aligned nor beneficial to the town (with the exception of Moira McTaggert, and beware everyone... if someone claims to be her, the only chance is that she's the doctor, so if you have the doctor role and someone claims Moira, you'll know they are fooling us).

A Thought, By BipolarChemist.

We've been thinking what could Drixx have triggered to set this Post Restriction off. I have a feeling someone purposely targeted and silenced him. It is a very plausible target for such a power.

We've been thinking what could Drixx have triggered to set this Post Restriction off. I have a feeling someone purposely targeted and silenced him. It is a very plausible target for such a power.
so true

Wait, "it"? lol
Who was the first to suggest he was restricted as a result of targeting someone? I don't think I've ever seen that before.

the number one nemesis has been for a long time Magneto, and his "Brotherhood of Mutants".

Since you seem to know quite a bit about how the game should be setup, who would you anticipate being in this "Brotherhood of Mutants"?

Who was the first to suggest he was restricted as a result of targeting someone? I don't think I've ever seen that before.
In Drixx's odd rantings, he seemed to be thinking it was something he set off. Plus, I had assumed it was something he set off.

Who is "we"?

If it's an active ability instead, what kind of normal role is it equivalent to or is there one?

I'm guessing it's a scum ability unless Val knows an alien that does this o_O

Drixx: Pay attention to the bolded part.

lol. I think I am inclined to believe Drixx, but it doesn't really get us anywhere as his info doesn't prove anything about CG. Cg could either be the target (town / neutral) the hitman (mafia) or neither (other possible reasons that there was no kill).

@Phar: Why do you want to know all the info from Drixx, what does it matter what his ability is called or whether his ability is his mutation? It feels to me that you are trying to get as much info from Drixx so that you can fake a claim later on if necessary.

Who is "we"?

If it's an active ability instead, what kind of normal role is it equivalent to or is there one?

I'm guessing it's a scum ability unless Val [STRIKE]knows[/STRIKE] IS an alien that does this o_O

FTFY

Val, why did you intend to remove that part of one of your earlier posts Too lazy to grab it now but you should know what i'm talking about

lol. I think I am inclined to believe Drixx, but it doesn't really get us anywhere as his info doesn't prove anything about CG. Cg could either be the target (town / neutral) the hitman (mafia) or neither (other possible reasons that there was no kill).

@Phar: Why do you want to know all the info from Drixx, what does it matter what his ability is called or whether his ability is his mutation? It feels to me that you are trying to get as much info from Drixx so that you can fake a claim later on if necessary.
the name of his ability is always important. Why reveal all of what it does but not the name? the only reason for that is if your actual ability name is not jailkeeper but something more vague.
I wouldn't have pestered him had he not specified it blocked mutant powers, which apparently was for flavour purposes...

/OT I want to one day go back through games, see how many people get called on role fishing and see what percentage of those people are actually scum.

Anyway, past my bedtime, goodnight!

(unfortunately) I think you'll have to expand on this thought, Drixx.
Mafia should know whether or not CG was the hitman, so imo it's best you just reveal unless there is some crazy reason not to?

What kind of expanding do you wish Drixx to provide?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High