The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Dangit Jcakes! Which part of Drixx's declaration do you agree with? :p

Essentially it is win-win. If you are not who you say you are, then you are lying and thus most likely anti-town. If you are who you say you are we get to see Drixx eat his shorts. Win-win.

I personally am not entirely convinced you are who you say you are either.

I was penalized with Amnesia, and I therefore forgot that I had a power for a duration which I'll keep to myself. Let's just say that I was a little irritated with the mods when I read it and if they post everyone's personal QT at the end of the game you all will see what I had to say about that.

Are you allowed to get annoyed with mods after the dark tower game? :p

I see you've notice the townie bulge in my townie pants. I get that reaction quite frequently. :smug:

My purpose for choo-choo-choosing you was to verify you and Bad Ash and myself in one fell swoop.

I'm awesome. Go me!!

Which is actually brilliant but Zokar has decided to punish the town for it, unless Danny is still alive and decides to come forward. The problem is that Bad Ash outed Zokar as a "Vengeful Murderer" and it sounds a lot like a role who wins if they kill a specific person. I imagine if Danny is still alive, he probably came to the same conclusion that I did: Zokar has no ability or interest to "cure" him but actually needs to kill him to meet his win condition.

I suppose we'll have to see what Zokar actually flips but I'm pretty sure he's got a variation of the Lyncher role. Threatening to punish the town if "Danny" doesn't come forward as fairly mean spirited. At this point, whomever Danny is has to basically decide if they want to get killed and go to the dead thread in order to give a claimed town rolecop a shot at living a little longer.

Bad Ash is basically dead in the next couple nights no matter what. If the mafia don't have strongman then a doc could save him once or if the WIFOM worked out really well in the town's favor we might get 2 more results from Bad Ash but that's stretching it. Whomever Danny is has to decide if 0-2 more investigations by Bad Ash, assuming he's a town investigator, is worth his life.

If I were Danny, and I'm Gangar Bangar remember, I would conclude that Bad Ash is very unlikely to give any more meaningful value to the town through his role, and if Danny has a role that might help town, it's probably smart for Danny to stay hidden in the crowd.

The only question is whether Zokar is going to go out pro-town or anti-town at this point. He's not going to win either way, so if he kills flubb (presumably a neutral or town vigilante who has used up his role) that's probably as pro-town as he can go, unless he has a strong scum read and shoots a scum on his way out.

Taking out Bad Ash instead of forcing the mafia to use a night kill on him is about as anti-town as it gets.

Only Zokar gets to decide that though, and whatever he decides, it's his role to play. If I had been stuck with his role, I'd likely have tried a fake claim to get Danny to out himself for me as well. The only difference is that I have chosen to always play pro-town when I get a neutral role in the hopes that at some point I can be trusted as a neutral and not be a Policy Lynch every time I get assigned a neutral role.

Are you allowed to get annoyed with mods after the dark tower game? :p

Touche. Although I wonder what people will think whenever Goryani and I put on the game we're working on. From what we have so far, it's going to be pretty awesome I think. Maybe people will talk about that game afterward instead of my first, overly ambitious, setup.

BTW guys, as a side note, I should have introduced Lightning a little better. Lightning is a female and the joke nick is probably inappropriate in any case, but especially if the person is female yeah? I mean ... I probably wouldn't mind that nickname ... but I'm a guy.

I agree with what Drixx said in #744, if you know my role, it's fairly obvious why.

Who but you knows your role? From the info you gave us, I can deduce what the most likely role for you to have is; however, that's just a best assumption in lieu of an actual claim. It's a pretty dangerous claim for you to have made too but I don't think you'd have put yourself at risk to expose Zokar if you were scum, so you get a bunch of townie points in my view for essentially claiming a role that is predominantly given to mafia as a way for them to find town power roles.

It will be interesting to see ... that role has been given to town recently, which is nice to see as I think sometimes roles become so associated with an alignment that things stagnate a bit. Kind of like watcher/tracker. Interestingly enough, those roles have been experimented with lately also.

Enough theory talk for the moment I guess.

Drixx,

When I am lynched, what happens if my role isn't "listener" verbatim? Will you at least take a bite out of your shorts? :$

Everyone because I publicly stated it? I am a Jack of all trades. I.E. I wouldn't be expecting a whole lot of results every day.

Everyone because I publicly stated it? I am a Jack of all trades. I.E. I wouldn't be expecting a whole lot of results every day.

yep I saw that, I was wondering why Drixx kept on talking about multiple results.

Here is where it gets interesting though:
1. Jack of All trades is not necessarily pro-twon
2. The person you role cop'd is Neutral
3. Your benefit you got is lynch immunity (much more powerful in the hands of anti-town then town)

Basically what I am saying is that you are not in anyway confirmed as town yet.

What I do find interesting is that you chose to role cop Zokar instead of (who IMO is the more obvious / important person) logout. Had you role cop'd logout we'd know for sure whether his ability is actually a listener and wouldn't waste time speculating as to what to do with him. Investigating Zokar makes sense if you are anti-town given all his claims about being able to kill people as it is something that mafia could be concerned about.

yep I saw that, I was wondering why Drixx kept on talking about multiple results.

3. Your benefit you got is lynch immunity (much more powerful in the hands of anti-town then town)

What I do find interesting is that you chose to role cop Zokar instead of (who IMO is the more obvious / important person) logout. Had you role cop'd logout we'd know for sure whether his ability is actually a listener and wouldn't waste time speculating as to what to do with him. Investigating Zokar makes sense if you are anti-town given all his claims about being able to kill people as it is something that mafia could be concerned about.

Fair points and I am not perpetuating that I am cleared by any means. I honestly didn't even think about role copping logout and have no reasoning for why I didnt. It was not thought out at all as it was a rushed decision and like most times when I ever do anything right when I play mafia, dumb luck factored in heavily.

I agree with this portion of your post. I'm not calling Bad Ash scum, and in fact consider him to be more townie than others in the thread, but in no way do I consider him confirmed town. Same applies to flubbucket shooting Zokar dead. More townie than scum, but not confirmed in any way.

This part I disagree with. If I were a rolecop, I would not have checked out Logout last night. His lynch is likely to happen; if he's mafia then you've wasted a result, and if he's town he has a role that I don't consider worth coming forward to save on Day Three. Day four or five? Perhaps, depending on how many town have been mislynched. But not this early in the game.

Oh hey apparently I missed the whole JOAT claim part. I was thinking you hadn't claimed for some reason but given us results that came from rolecop. I'm not sure the equation changes much though. Why risk yourself to expose Zokar's probable fib? If you are scum, it would be enough to investigate him and know his role and let town blunder into his ability. You instead brought it to our attention (and are now likely going to get killed for doing so) so yeah, gonna still lean town on you, Jcakes excellent post notwithstanding.

BTW guys, as a side note, I should have introduced Lightning a little better. Lightning is a female and the joke nick is probably inappropriate in any case, but especially if the person is female yeah? I mean ... I probably wouldn't mind that nickname ... but I'm a guy.

Seriously?? You're a guy?!?!

I did not see that coming...

@CG - Once a listener is outed, they're not worth saving ever. A smart mafia team simply lays out a plan to get around the listener spread out over a few posts and then they use that plan so that they can freely talk and what the listener gets is useless to the town. A very smart mafia team would devise a plan to use the listener to gain themselves town cred.

I agree with this portion of your post. I'm not calling Bad Ash scum, and in fact consider him to be more townie than others in the thread, but in no way do I consider him confirmed town. Same applies to flubbucket shooting Zokar dead. More townie than scum, but not confirmed in any way.

This part I disagree with. If I were a rolecop, I would not have checked out Logout last night. His lynch is likely to happen; if he's mafia then you've wasted a result, and if he's town he has a role that I don't consider worth coming forward to save on Day Three. Day four or five? Perhaps, depending on how many town have been mislynched. But not this early in the game.

Fair call on the last point, didn't necessarily consider that, I just hate townies dying and confirmed townies (no matter their role) are a pain for mafia.

Seriously?? You're a guy?!?!

I did not see that coming...

lol glibb :p

Late in the game it's not about saving a listener. It's about saving a town player, regardless of their role.
Late in the game it's not about saving a listener. It's about saving a town player, regardless of their role.

Indeed.

Also I am probably a little more suspicious of Bad Ash because of last game. This JoAT claim feels similar to the role cop claim last game (in that he has claimed to have found a Neutral). It could just be that I am bitter from how much of a Smooth Criminal he was last game :p and how he cost me.

Finally given that Pyro died last night (and thus I am assuming he must be town)
I have not been on pyros team like the last 4 games, and I am town, so he must not be.
then Gwai must be mafia. :p

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High