Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

Oh, I was going to say this yesterday, but I forgot about it.

Drixx, why haven't you yet said you haven't been mafia on these forums before? That's different from your usual play ;)
Afraid it sounds too LAMIST now that you're actually mafia?
Vote: Drixx

Sathoris prolly asked for my name reveal because I wasn't very active during twilight or the first day. I'm more interested in participating now.

Anyone have any ideas other than a bonus kill for mafia as to why two people died last night? Do names really hold any value? I have a feeling that there is a recruiting ability or "conversion" ability that can be used to turn roles against their original alignments. Kind of like the flood or something (Halo). That is just based off of what I've read in flavour texts so far, so I'm not sure if I can read too much into it. Is a serial killer role likely in this game?

Sorry for the scrambled paragraph, just trying to get my ideas out of there quickly.

I didn't see that as a big jump. how many games have we had now where a second NK was due to a bonus kill from the mafia?

I cant remember any.

Anyway, you're providing no reasoning for name reveals so I don't care for them to reveal, either.

Maybe I missed it.. but why BA, and why phil? Randoms or is there even more you're not telling us?

Just looking into people I dont trust.

I get this feeling you knew names would be revealed on death yesterday. QT providing information not available to the rest of us?
How would you know this in advance? Were you given fake-claims? How many?

Unvote: Bad Ash
Vote: Pharphis

Sathoris prolly asked for my name reveal because I wasn't very active during twilight or the first day. I'm more interested in participating now.

Anyone have any ideas other than a bonus kill for mafia as to why two people died last night? Do names really hold any value? I have a feeling that there is a recruiting ability or "conversion" ability that can be used to turn roles against their original alignments. Kind of like the flood or something (Halo). That is just based off of what I've read in flavour texts so far, so I'm not sure if I can read too much into it. Is a serial killer role likely in this game?

Sorry for the scrambled paragraph, just trying to get my ideas out of there quickly.

Damnit Phil, now you're making me want to vote for you again.

And no, that wasn't why I wanted to know your name. It wasn't your lack of involvement as I had'nt made a single post in twilight. It was your double post of expressing no interest in doing anything. Posting for the sake of posting.

I get this feeling you knew names would be revealed on death yesterday. QT providing information not available to the rest of us?
How would you know this in advance? Were you given fake-claims? How many?

Didn't Goryani's name get revealed to us at the start of yesterday? If you have decided Sathoris is scum just because he expected name reveals, you may want to re-evaluate. Please don't misunderstand me as you did yesterday ... I'm not trying to defend Sathoris here and I still don't understand the name thing.

I just don't want us to pile on Sathoris based upon your post when you may have missed the fact that he didn't ask about names until after the first night kill revealed the player's name to us. I wondered yesterday if maybe that night kill revealing the name had something to do with Sathoris asking.

Oh, I was going to say this yesterday, but I forgot about it.

Drixx, why haven't you yet said you haven't been mafia on these forums before? That's different from your usual play ;)
Afraid it sounds too LAMIST now that you're actually mafia?
Vote: Drixx

You know, I stopped saying it awhile ago because it didn't really seem to have much of an effect. Some folks have found my townie play to be scummy fairly consistently, so the lesson, to me, is to adjust my play, not to keep doing the same thing and to expect a different result.

So yesterday you stopped a lynch by twisting my words. Today you have continued to defend Bad Ash and Phillinnicus and attacking Sathoris, and now you're talking about something I didn't say and saying that must mean I'm scum. It's a little amusing. Could it be that the reason you didn't say it yesterday was because someone reminded you during the night in your QT that I have said that in the past and didn't say it in this game yet and you should have said that when you were trying to re-direct on me?

See how easy it is to copy what you did to Sathoris and me? You're bouncing all over the place just trying to start wagons. You don't seem to be actually scumhunting in any rational way. These, to me, are pretty bad signs. I wonder what everyone else thinks of your behavior.

Didn't Goryani's name get revealed to us at the start of yesterday? If you have decided Sathoris is scum just because he expected name reveals, you may want to re-evaluate. Please don't misunderstand me as you did yesterday ... I'm not trying to defend Sathoris here and I still don't understand the name thing.

I just don't want us to pile on Sathoris based upon your post when you may have missed the fact that he didn't ask about names until after the first night kill revealed the player's name to us. I wondered yesterday if maybe that night kill revealing the name had something to do with Sathoris asking.
Oh, I forgot. The way he phrased his post early "in light of blah blah blah" made me think this was the first time this happened.
Interesting thought but Sathoris isn't willing to tell us anything
I only have to mistrust ~25% to be effective. You?
I have to mistrust everyone to be effective

You know, I stopped saying it awhile ago because it didn't really seem to have much of an effect. Some folks have found my townie play to be scummy fairly consistently, so the lesson, to me, is to adjust my play, not to keep doing the same thing and to expect a different result.

So yesterday you stopped a lynch by twisting my words. Today you have continued to defend Bad Ash and Phillinnicus and attacking Sathoris, and now you're talking about something I didn't say and saying that must mean I'm scum. It's a little amusing. Could it be that the reason you didn't say it yesterday was because someone reminded you during the night in your QT that I have said that in the past and didn't say it in this game yet and you should have said that when you were trying to re-direct on me?

See how easy it is to copy what you did to Sathoris and me? You're bouncing all over the place just trying to start wagons. You don't seem to be actually scumhunting in any rational way. These, to me, are pretty bad signs. I wonder what everyone else thinks of your behavior.
Awhile ago? Probably happened in the previous game.

I was responsible for the no-lynch? Me? All me? Really? For reals? lol, no one else even voted for you. (which is what I did)

I'm not defending phillinnicus or BA but I am defending their decision not to reveal their names. Do you think they should reveal?

Awhile ago? Probably happened in the previous game.

I was responsible for the no-lynch? Me? All me? Really? For reals? lol, no one else even voted for you. (which is what I did)

I'm not defending phillinnicus or BA but I am defending their decision not to reveal their names. Do you think they should reveal?

I think the last time I said that may have been the best of wifoa game, although I cannot be fully sure without wading into my post history. I think the more cogent point, which you overlooked, is that doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I'm pretty sure saying that has never helped me.

Technically, everyone who didn't vote is probably as responsible for the no lynch as you, so no you didn't do it alone. And God help us if the mafia team is /that/ big.

I honestly thing the names thing is a red herring. I think Sathoris saw two people who looked scummy yesterday and put them on the spot by asking for their names to see how they, and others, would react. I don't think the names would have actually told him anything, but the willingness to share would have spoken volumes.

I think the last time I said that may have been the best of wifoa game, although I cannot be fully sure without wading into my post history. I think the more cogent point, which you overlooked, is that doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. I'm pretty sure saying that has never helped me.

Technically, everyone who didn't vote is probably as responsible for the no lynch as you, so no you didn't do it alone. And God help us if the mafia team is /that/ big.

I honestly thing the names thing is a red herring. I think Sathoris saw two people who looked scummy yesterday and put them on the spot by asking for their names to see how they, and others, would react. I don't think the names would have actually told him anything, but the willingness to share would have spoken volumes.

what would it mean if they were willing to reveal? Does this change if they were willing before or after Sath offered up his own name in return? What does it mean since they aren't willing to reveal?

Once again, do you think they should reveal?

Well, it seems like there's not any real evidence to whether names could be used for a purpose or not, but as far as I can tell, names probably don't reveal anything about someone.

What does it mean to me that they aren't willing to give up their names? Not a whole lot, since I already said yesterday that I could understand every possible role and alignment being hesitant to do so.

I think the more important thing was that Sathoris asking them called attention to them and when I went back and re-read, Phillinnicus making only the two posts saying the same thing jumped off the page at me, where I had missed it following along as the game went. That's why I voted for Phillinnicus yesterday, and if you weren't making yourself look so bad I'd already have a vote on him again today because I don't think anything he did or said after being called out by Sathoris (or today) makes him look any better.

I really need to learn to hit the preview button. Here, let me answer your last question.

@CaluinGraye - Could our names be used to reveal our alignment and/or roles?

After he answers I'll be very confident to answer your final question.

But you don't have a vote on either of us. I don't understand.

I wish it wasn't Monday so I had more than just you and Sath to talk to. *yawn*

I really need to learn to hit the preview button. Here, let me answer your last question.

@CaluinGraye - Could our names be used to reveal our alignment and/or roles?

After he answers I'll be very confident to answer your final question.
LAMIST LAMIST LAMIST LAMIST.

Oh come on, you need CG's probably vague response for this?

So I straight up ask Sath why I am suspicious and he dodges the questions faster than Neo does a bullet, and you now are either backing him up, or explaining for him.

makes sense.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High