The Hole - Mini Mafia game

Vote Tally:

Bad Ash (2): BipolarChemist, Goryani
BipolarChemist (4): kestegs, Drixx, crawlingdeadman, Gwaihir
Goryani (1): ThunderCat

Day ends in 20 minutes.

Vote: Goryani

Will change to BPC if we need too but gory has been stinking of scum for last 24 hours. His vote feels different for the sake of being hoping BPC still gets lynched so he can say I told ya so

Vote: Bad Ash

It's looking like a BPC lynch is a mistake. BA would not be my first choice but I can't point to a reason to not vote for him.

There's 26 minutes left in the day when you made this post and instead of locking a lynch you put a vote on Bad Ash. The town's power to win is in lynching. You seem to want a no-lynch. The math seems pretty simple at this point.

There's 26 minutes left in the day when you made this post and instead of locking a lynch you put a vote on Bad Ash. The town's power to win is in lynching. You seem to want a no-lynch. The math seems pretty simple at this point.

A no-lynch is preferable to a townie lynch and I feel BPC is townie. I will not vote for a townie even to secure a lynch. That's scum talk.

Ugh, now I would feel bad to vote for Goryani, I don't even think he's scum.

?Unvote: Goryani

Will change to BPC if we need too but gory has been stinking of scum for last 24 hours. His vote feels different for the sake of being hoping BPC still gets lynched so he can say I told ya so

Someone I vote for votes for me immediately after. :shock:

You have just been silly today. Goryani struck me as scummy early and never really convinced me otherwise.

Unvote: BipolarChemist

Well just noticed this one...damn it. Not sure what to do...

?Vote: Goryani

A no-lynch is preferable to a townie lynch and I feel BPC is townie. I will not vote for a townie even to secure a lynch. That's scum talk.

9 minutes before the end of the day is not the time to have a theorycrafting discussion over whether or not it's correct to always lynch. I seem to remember you saying in a previous game that the town should always lynch because even lynching a townie gives the town information and because lynches are the town's only power to win the game with. Now suddenly you are the sole arbiter of whether we should lynch or not based purely upon whether you think someone is or isn't scum?

Seeing as it's my only chance...

Unvote: Bad Ash

Ugh, now I would feel bad to vote for Goryani, I don't even think he's scum.

?Unvote: Goryani

This would have caused berserker mode.

And to explain myself a little more....

BPC has had a chance for a while to unvote BA and vote me. I've had several votes throught the day (thought only 1 at a time). A couple more players called me scummy. At least one said they felt like voting me. Count em up and that's enough votes to get my lynched. BipolarChemist didn't take that option. That looks townie to me.

9 minutes before the end of the day is not the time to have a theorycrafting discussion over whether or not it's correct to always lynch. I seem to remember you saying in a previous game that the town should always lynch because even lynching a townie gives the town information and because lynches are the town's only power to win the game with. Now suddenly you are the sole arbiter of whether we should lynch or not based purely upon whether you think someone is or isn't scum?

Quote me. YOu won't find it. I won't lynch someone if I think they are townie.

And now I have no idea where we are even at. Several people at 3 I think. Of those, BPC still tops my list, so I am going to leave my vote there.

Night 1

Final vote tally:

Drixx (0):
Goryani (0):
Bad ash (1): Goryani
Bipolar Chemist (3): kestegs, crawlingdeadman, Gwaihir
Kestegs (0):
Goryani (4): Thundercat, Bad Ash, Drixx, BipolarChemist

----------------------

The group gathered in the recreation room. Empty beer cans and half empty bottle of spirits adorned the table. Everyone was too afraid to leave the safety of numbers, a cold psychological comfort. Most were already quite smashed and tongues were loosened as a result. The grim discovery earlier was a topic that everyone wanted to avoid, as confronting, and even thinking about such things would mean the unwelcome realisation that someone in this room was a cold blooded murderer.

“Do any of you know who is responsible for this body that we have?†Are we all just going to ignore it like it is not thereâ€, asked a voice from the back. It was Sarah. Her eyes were red, moist from tears.

Everyone looked at her, but unable to say what they thought. Most had a glass of brandy in their hand and were concentrating on that instead.

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 1. Day 2 Will resume in 24 Hours.

Last edited:
Day 2

It was three hours past midnight and according to his watch today is the day they will be going back and out. The proprietor of this place was going to come and unlock. The weekend was over. As much as he wanted to he could not sleep. While others were sleeping off the beers in their concrete dens locked for their own safety, Gwaihir sat alone in the recreation room. DevilDriver’s 'Pray for Villains' was blaring out of the high powered speakers. Alone and feeling uneasy, he got up to get another beer.

Stumbling over to the fridge, he heard a soft rustling noise behind him. At least what seemed to be a soft noise, given the music at hand. Spinning around in anticipation, he was clearly in his own company with nothing joining him in commiseration but his own shadow, reflected on the ground by cold, sterile neon overhead.

Shrugging, he opened another beer and went back to the table. Not too many beers, - or anything else for that matter - left, but thankfully enough was brought to last the weekend. Thinking of the body in the room not far away his thoughts drifted to the love if his life. What of Sarah? He felt like a great weight had fallen on his shoulders, even though he knew that was irrational. There was something evil in this place and there was not much he could do about it. He just hoped that Sarah was ok.

Sighing heavily, he took a sip of crisp Budweiser. “She is taken and it is not my place to interfere.†Gwaihir said aloud to himself, his voice drowned out by the music. “Stop fooling yourself, you had your chance but did not take it.†These thoughts made him feel really down, a bad combination with alcohol and he damn well knew it.

The lights went out. Gwaihir’s heart started to race and he began to feel afraid. The recreational room was dark but there was still light coming from a few adjacent rooms, but just barely enough to light the large hall.

Stumbling over to the switch on the wall, as far as he could make out the direction. Flicking it up and down several times failed to produce any light.

“Damn this. Why did I ever agree to come here?†cursing to himself loudly. But he knew the answer.

A brief movement to his left hand side caught his eye. A shape was standing at the entrance in perfect stillness. Squinting to get a look of who it was but to no avail. It was too dark to see anything but a silhouette. It did not help that his vision was slow and blurred after the night of partying.

“Hey, come join me for a beer. The lights went out in this ancient place. I guess we will have to look at it tomorrow.†He said with as inviting voice as he could muster and trying to keep from slurring but unsuccessful.

There was no reply or even movement from the figure.

He was not sure if he was not heard due to the volume of the music or ignored intentionally. “Sarah, is that you?†Gwaihir asked, even though he knew that the shape did not resemble her. He should know since he could not get her image out of his mind since he found out she would be attending this party as well. It was the only reason he joined all these people, some of whom he knew only in brief acquaintance.

Gwaihir wished he was not drunk. Goosebumps covered the back of his arms. The figure moved inside the room and was engulfed by the darkness.

“This is no time for bad jokes. Reveal yourself!†he shouted, assuming a defensive pose, learned from three years of practicing Tae-Kwan-Do.

The assailant was holding a wicked looking cleaver, it's menacing blade gleaming in the low reflected light. Taking one swing towards Gwaihir, he landed a blow, cutting his arm very deeply, severing a vein. Blood gushed out but Gwaihir managed to dodge the second blow even in his state, kicking his attacker in the chest and sending the vile being flying over the table.

The assailant did not stay down for long. Swiftly getting up, the attacker went after Gwaihir tackling him to the ground. Already close to unconscious from blood loss, Gwaihir tried to scream to alert the rest. The music drowned out his desperate screams with mocking screams of its own.

“Please...don’t†He managed to sputter.

The assassin smiled.

Unable to breathe, with the assailant’s hands around his neck he tried to resist but had no choice to succumb to permanent unconsciousness.

Gwaihir has been killed. He was Vanilla Town.

It is Day 2 for the next 48 hours. With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch and lock the lynch.

Gwaihir was a strong proponent for Bipolar's death. Normally I expect mafia to kill someone in order to put the town on the wrong scent... but given how odd Bipolar was acting yesterday, in this case if he really is HiPS then the kill makes sense.

Goryani's assumption of being the sole arbiter of whether the town lyches or not really bothered me. At the end of the day, it would have been better to lynch bipolar yesterday than the no lynch we had, even if he was a townie. Now the mafia have killed the person who made the strongest and staunchest case against him, and today is gonna be consumed with sorting through that WIFOM and deciding whether or not that's him HiPS or the mafia trying to frame him.

Either way, it would have been better to have him dead and know for sure rather than wasting two days on him. Goryani is going to have to answer for costing the town a day, and it better be a spectacularly good answer. Gut instincts are not enough to decide to be the sole arbiter of a lynch or not.

And yes, I'm the first one to post today. This silly "first poster of the day is scum" theory needs to end. Nobody ever wants to be the first one to post after a death.

Since I can't edit, I accidentally left off the end of my point. Nobody ever wants to be the first to post after a death because of that, and as far as I can recall in games I've played, it usually ends up being scum who use that comment.

Gwaihir was a strong proponent for Bipolar's death. Normally I expect mafia to kill someone in order to put the town on the wrong scent... but given how odd Bipolar was acting yesterday, in this case if he really is HiPS then the kill makes sense.

Goryani's assumption of being the sole arbiter of whether the town lyches or not really bothered me. At the end of the day, it would have been better to lynch bipolar yesterday than the no lynch we had, even if he was a townie. Now the mafia have killed the person who made the strongest and staunchest case against him, and today is gonna be consumed with sorting through that WIFOM and deciding whether or not that's him HiPS or the mafia trying to frame him.

Either way, it would have been better to have him dead and know for sure rather than wasting two days on him. Goryani is going to have to answer for costing the town a day, and it better be a spectacularly good answer. Gut instincts are not enough to decide to be the sole arbiter of a lynch or not.

And yes, I'm the first one to post today. This silly "first poster of the day is scum" theory needs to end. Nobody ever wants to be the first one to post after a death.

I didn't get a chance to post much at the end of the day when everything ended, but that is exactly how I feel. The gory/bipolar interaction felt very rehearsed and I found gory's reason not to vote for him rather suspect. The feelings I had yesterday of gory being town have now completely vanished.

I didn't get a chance to post much at the end of the day when everything ended, but that is exactly how I feel. The gory/bipolar interaction felt very rehearsed and I found gory's reason not to vote for him rather suspect. The feelings I had yesterday of gory being town have now completely vanished.

But the question is do we lynch Bipolar to put the WIFOM involving him to bed, or were Goryani's actions scummy enough to go for him instead? I'm having a rather hard time making up my mind which way to go. Maybe you could analyze each of them and share your thoughts?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High