The Hole - Mini Mafia game

Dragon vote: Moar

Gwaihir is right, Day 1 (which is not followed by a night phase) is mostly fooling about and throwing votes all over the place to cause reactions, as there's nothing else to go by.

I'll try to put my thoughts on bipolar into E form later on when I have more of a chance.

Gwaihir is right, Day 1 [highlight](which is not followed by a night phase)[/highlight] is mostly fooling about and throwing votes all over the place to cause reactions, as there's nothing else to go by.

I couldn't find the highlighted part anywhere in the first post.

Read my post with 100% certainty that I'm a townie, and then again with 100% certainty that I'm not, and I think what I mean will become clear.

Does this refer to kestegs the hipster or serious Gory?

I say yet again, you're coming on a little strong. I like this term I'm hearing... HIPS is it? Make yourself loud and clear, well I think I shall do just the same.

Who else is coming on a little strong?
Who is not coming on a little strong?

I love the tension! Keep it goin' guys! I love that you hate each other.

Why do you love vote splitting?

I wonder if the mafia having daytalk will result in them working together in a noticeable way or avoiding one another in a noticeable way? Could Jerome make an appearance?

I'm pretty sure September is when Green Day Comes Around. Damn American Idiots, go take some more of that Novacaine.

Now for that Dookie that kestegs dropped, you frikkin basketcase. Are you trying to be a Troublemaker? You're no Jesus if Suburbia.

Make sure you Know Your Enemy guys! We don't need this turning into some Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

True story: Green Day's song 'Longview' is about the town of Longview, Washington. My ex-wife grew up in Longview, and explains that the song is quite accurate: it is so boring there that often the only things you have to do to pass the time are less... proper.

Dragon vote: Moar

Gwaihir is right, Day 1 (which is not followed by a night phase) is mostly fooling about and throwing votes all over the place to cause reactions, as there's nothing else to go by.

I feel we have moved past joke phase by this point. This post's vote bothers me, as it feels like you're trying to push back into joke phase, or draw it out a little bit longer.

----

General thoughts:

I'd be willing to vote for kestegs. He's sort of... all over the place. I dislike the "I'll explain my vote" post almost 24 hours after he placed the vote, citing 'obvious scum is obvious'. Almost seems like it was a random vote that got a little bit of scrutiny, and now he's scrambling for a reason to justify the vote. Maybe I'll feel better when the reasoning is presented.

Drixx comes across as very Drixxy to me. Take that for what you will, but he's one of my very few exceptions to the 'scum defend themselves harder than town' rule.

CDM is awfully quiet. Is this normal for you? Is this your second game, or have you played some in far past?

Dear kestegs, I spent hours on this poem for you.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'd like to see you dead,
or maybe Drixx too.

I feel we have moved past joke phase by this point. This post's vote bothers me, as it feels like you're trying to push back into joke phase, or draw it out a little bit longer.

----

General thoughts:

I'd be willing to vote for kestegs. He's sort of... all over the place. I dislike the "I'll explain my vote" post almost 24 hours after he placed the vote, citing 'obvious scum is obvious'. Almost seems like it was a random vote that got a little bit of scrutiny, and now he's scrambling for a reason to justify the vote. Maybe I'll feel better when the reasoning is presented.

Drixx comes across as very Drixxy to me. Take that for what you will, but he's one of my very few exceptions to the 'scum defend themselves harder than town' rule.

CDM is awfully quiet. Is this normal for you? Is this your second game, or have you played some in far past?

Some very interesting thoughts here. Worth considering and coming back to as the game moves on I think. I always play the same way because if I didn't, then it would be dead obvious when I have a non-vanilla role.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
or maybe Drixx too.

I thought the poem was for Kestegs?

OT
I know a few hot blondes irl Sarah could be based on. :p But for a famous face, suffice to think of Hayden Panettiere as Sarah? :loving:

/OT

Saoirse Ronin. Her eyes creeped me out big time in Atonement for some reason but as she's grown up a bit they're not as "omg creepy" as they once were and she's developed into a graceful young woman.

I couldn't find the highlighted part anywhere in the first post.

What I meant was a day 1 not preceded by a night phase. However, what does that have to do with the first post?

That was my second post in the game, and since I didn't get a chance in the past, i felt like doing it. I see nothing harmful about it as it wouldn't really spark much of a conversation. I had no ill intent, rather just me entertaining myself.

I thought the poem was for Kestegs?

I needed a way to end it, took me hours to come up with that last line. I just thought you'd love a shout out. If you hate it, well then I'm sorry. I guess i won't do anything nice for you ever again.

I needed a way to end it, took me hours to come up with that last line. I just thought you'd love a shout out. If you hate it, well then I'm sorry. I guess i won't do anything nice for you ever again.

On the contrary, I enjoy being the object of someone's poetic ambitions. I simply felt bad that Kestegs' poem ended up resolving with me instead.

What I meant was a day 1 not preceded by a night phase. However, what does that have to do with the first post?

I totally misunderstood you to be saying that there would be no night phase after day 1. I went and re-read the rules post after that lol.

Okay, here we go.....

I'm pretty sure September is when Green Day Comes Around. Damn American Idiots, go take some more of that Novacaine.

Now for that Dookie that kestegs dropped, you frikkin basketcase. Are you trying to be a Troublemaker? You're no Jesus if Suburbia.

Make sure you Know Your Enemy guys! We don't need this turning into some Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

It actually took me a while to remember what struck me about this post, but in think in can nail it down. You make a long fancy post that seems to be just funny any OT, yet it's not. You're trying to plant ideas in a low risk situation. If they stick you win, if they don't you deny it.

I spent much longer on it than I ever want to admit...

yea, very carefully crafted, as stated above.

I feel like your coming on to me a little fast there Kestegs. You could at least buy me a drink first ;)

Nervous? Can't just let the fact that I think you're scum go? Guilty conscience city, population: you.

I say yet again, you're coming on a little strong. I like this term I'm hearing... HIPS is it? Make yourself loud and clear, well I think I shall do just the same.

Vote: Kestegs

This vote stands too. It stands because you seem a little harsh right out of the gate, seems like your invested in this ****. Seems a little scummy to me.

Omgus vote at last! You thought that since nobody stood up and agreed with me you'd see if you could turn the takes on me. You also make very sure you explain your vote, as if you know it will need justification later on.

Nothing has made me happier in the past as mafia as seeing townies go at each other. Someone who is aligned as town has no reason to be happy about this.

I'll be waiting, babe.

Playful, I like it, but your overconfidence is disturbing.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
or maybe Drixx too.

See above.

Playful, I like it, but your overconfidence is disturbing.

You say it yourself here, I'm being playful. This is Day 1 and no one has a clue about anything. I'm just trying to get some reactions, as it seem like you are as well. So far, I'm just kind of having fun with this. Classes just end for the term and I have way too much extra time on my hands.

I'm alwaaays over confident. To the extent of being a bit of a prick at times...okay maybe all the time. But I like hearing you talk about over confidence, especially with you coming right out of the gate on this game. The just of us in this one are pretty overconfident, especially with the fairly informal nature of this game.

A lot of us are saying we are past the joking phase of this game, I may have just extended, mine a bit, but really chances are, whomever we go after today is going to be a random guess and we'll all be crossing our fingers that it is scum. If we want to go the route of statistics on this one, there is a 2/9 chance that we lynch scum, assuming it's completely random.

Wanted to put a joke vote for Jason Maher in, but the time for shenanigans is over apparently. Good.
This one bugs me.
Second game ever. As with last game, I am taking my notes and trying to make posts that someone wont read "scum" into. I see why last game's twilight was really good; it gave everyone something to talk about and work toward.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High