Hi again. (+ Random question and... stuff.)

Calamityy

Aug 30, 2009
Hi again. (+ Random question and... stuff.)

Hi. I finally came back after the year or so from... not playing Diablo... :whistling:

But, as with any good game, it calls and you can't really ignore it. So I've been playing around a bit and making new characters. I've also started to play untwinked and self-found with the sorceress I recently made.

I've also watched around the forum a lot recently, and many of the people I used to trade with are still around, so it's nice to see there hasn't been a giant change. (Although there are tons of people that are new or I just don't know) Anything important go on in like the last... year?

Because I've started to play untwinked and self-found a bit as well, I really want to try and complete as much of a self-found grail as possible, meaning I really won't be using the items I have stashed away. Because I only used a couple dozen anyway, I plan to do a small Christmas Givaway on the SP Trade forum when I get everything together. (And by small I mean pretty much dumping all my stashes so I can start fresh. So look out for it over the next few days.)

On that, in a related kind of thing. I left right after 1.13c and didn't really get to explore the patch too much. Is there a major/best place for High Rune hunting? Mainly for Sorcs (Because I probably won't get another character far enough.)

And now that I think about it, that felt more like a re-introduction than a random hello. Well I never actually made an introduction post on the SP forum so let's call this one it shall we?

<Insert witty closing remarks here>

:whistling:

Re: Hi again. (+ Random question and... stuff.)

Hello and welcome back.
For high runes, most sorcs will be found teleing between Lower Kurast superchests or maybe running cows.
Council running barb is good too.
Cow running LF zon is insanity.
Enjoy your restart.

On that, in a related kind of thing. I left right after 1.13c and didn't really get to explore the patch too much. Is there a major/best place for High Rune hunting? Mainly for Sorcs (Because I probably won't get another character far enough.)
Travincal, LK, and Cows are typical destinations for rune hunting. However, if you are after a self-found grail, you would probably be better off just doing lvl85 area runs (like the Pits, AT, etc.). The runes will drop there, too, but the item results will be much better than the "runes only" targets.

Untwinked it would be VERY hard to match a blizzard sorc running AT for general lootscraping.
Note that in 1.13 HRs compares to elite uniques in rarity, so as suggested above general MFing might be more beneficial than specific runehunting. You will see a fair share of HRs while MFing in 1.13 anyway.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High