Bug when making CTA, twice?

Lemerok

Jul 19, 2006
Bug when making CTA, twice?

Hi!

Im wondering if anyone have gotten this problem too.
Well in this case its nice, but can be bad too.

Yesterday I made an CTA in a flail, decent roll, 3/3/x.
Later when I logged on and after I had muled it to my new pala it had changed!
Now its a 6/6/4 ! Very weird. But nice this time.

But the other time it went from 5/5/x when making to 3/3/x later on.

Anyone had this happen and know what causes it?
I often play with two cdkeys and mule with myself etc, maybe that has something to do with it? And think I had two of my chars in the game when I made the CTAs.

Re: Bug when making CTA, twice?

you probably made the CTA in a barb character. oskills have a cap of 3 on skill owner characters (barb is the actual CTA skill owner).

same issue applies to all oskills.

so... it is not a bug, it is a feature:D

Ahh ofc. :)

Didn't know that it changed ingame, thought it was just hidden that you get lower from em.

For some reason, I just had to read the thread title to know what it is about :azn:

you probably made the CTA in a barb character. oskills have a cap of 3 on skill owner characters (barb is the actual CTA skill owner).

same issue applies to all oskills.

so... it is not a bug, it is a feature:D

I was confused until you brought this up. I did not realize he made it with a barb character. So are you saying it will show 3 skills on a cta if the cta is higher than 3 bo?

On a barb any cta above 3 will be shown as 3.
4, 5 or 6 - doesn't matter.

Same if you wield a Flamebellow balrog blade with a sorceress - no matter how high is the inferno oskill on it, it will show as 3.

I was confused until you brought this up. I did not realize he made it with a barb character. So are you saying it will show 3 skills on a cta if the cta is higher than 3 bo?

If you have a CtA on a barbarian, it will show +3 even if the actual bonus on the CtA is higher. The same applies to all oskills (skills belonging to other classes): the class the skill belongs to will only see +3 at most on the item.

Ok thanks its because I never had a barb char with a cta lol.

Once i was selling cta 6 to some player playing barbarian on Bnet and he kept telling me no its cta 3 what are you trying to sell me then he came back witch sorc
I almost felt like a scammer:badteeth:

Once i was selling cta 6 to some player playing barbarian on Bnet and he kept telling me no its cta 3 what are you trying to sell me then he came back witch sorc
I almost felt like a scammer:badteeth:

Lol! That must of been a strange situation, since you had a 6 on your screen and he had a 3, so you were both sure you were right and the other was crazy

a friend of mine got a +5bo cta for the price of a 3bo cta because the seller was on a barb. had probably rolled it there and never transferred it to another class to check it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High