To the Mafia Players

Re: To the Mafia Players

*Leaves a white handed imprint on Leo's black jeans*

oh, so that was you i had to wash off of my pants the other day? no, seriously, i was washing clothes and as i was putting my pants in the wash, i noticed a white, smeared, spot/handprint on the *** part and i have NO IDEA how it got there.

it's gone now. :grin: :cloud9:

*Leaves a white handed imprint on Leo's black jeans*

:lipsrsealed:

Now that Gorny is dead and has been revealed as Saruman, I can finally speak. I didn't want to say anything since I'm not playing, and didn't want to affect the game.

Yes, I was very certain that Gorny was Saruman. I can't understand why he'd make this post. For those who aren't familiar with Middle-Earth lore, the white hand was Saruman's symbol, like the burning eye was Sauron's. Of course it could have been a joke, and I don't even know if any surviving player read it. But it got me thinking, and could have gotten others thinking as well... that can be dangerous in this game.

Now, I thought that the lynch votes on both days were interesting. On the first day, nurman (Eowyn) was the first to vote to lynch Ankeli (Samwise). nurman gave no reasons for this, but five others followed him in voting Ankeli. Three of them were later killed and confirmed to be mafia. Of the other two, Gorny was one. Now, it was entirely possible he could've been simply confused, considering nurman himself was a townie. Or, maybe nurman had somehow known Ankeli to be a townie also, and voted to see who would follow up, expecting the mafia to gang up on Ankeli. Whether it was planned or not, the mafia did gang up on Ankeli, making Gorny seem suspicious.

The votes of the second day really convinced me that Gorny was Saruman. After Sathoris (Gandalf) died and revealed Leo, pretty much everyone had to lynch Leo or be suspected of being mafia. Gorny cast the last vote needed to lynch, and nurman sealed it. Now here's what caught my eye: Gorny gave a solid explanation for why he voted to lynch Leo. He must have recognized that Leo's cause was lost, and if he did not vote, his own role would be compromised. Unfortunately for him, perhaps Leo did not catch this. She was enraged, but her anger found its target not in nurman who sealed the lynch, but in Gorny. Why? Perhaps she felt betrayed by being lynched by fellow mafia?

Then there was the feeling that Gorny had been flying under the radar the whole time. He never directly claimed to be Aragorn, but he frequently quoted him from the books and used the Longshanks alias once. He had Aragorn as his avatar. His name, for what I can guess, is derived from Aragorn! He was letting subtlety do his work for him. He was lulling everyone into false security around him. The roles were given out randomly; if Gorny had actually been Aragorn, it would've been one odd coincidence. I was certain he was not.

Whether you believe it or not, I was thinking about all of this when I made that last post of mine. I feel pretty good now, having been right. I'll definitely be signing up in the next game - I would've signed up for this one too, if I hadn't been out of the country during the signup.

Feysal I hope you will join the mafia games, you seem to be a player that would be fun to play with or against;)

Perhaps I should leave well enough alone, but I can't help being intrigued by the game. I've formed a theory, supported by numerous posts in the mafia thread, about the identity of one mafia member. In fact, I've put a role next to every player still left, and it seems to fit. I'm uncertain about some names, but I think I can tell who is pro-town and who is not. We'll see... if I'm right, then the mafia member is in serious trouble, and is likely to have his cover blown today. I will say no more.

I'm a bit partial to my diablo themed one, even though it didn't turn out as expected. That's the main lesson you learn as a host: However you plan the game to turn out, it'll go completely wrong.

It ended with a sorceress role-blocker and Diablo stuck in a stalemate (couldn't lynch each other, sorceress froze diablo each night to prevent a kill)

The way we've always played Mafia, if there is an equal number of scum and townies left the scum win. I guess an eternal standstill works too.

The way we've always played Mafia, if there is an equal number of scum and townies left the scum win. I guess an eternal standstill works too.

Alas, diablo didn't have mana-burn ;) That and it was my first (and so far only) hosted game.

Speaking of which, I've got the theme, I've got the roles, I've got plenty of adaptability in case we get what is highly likely of an influx of new players. If no one else has a game ready, I would like to host the next one.

Alas, diablo didn't have mana-burn ;) That and it was my first (and so far only) hosted game.

Speaking of which, I've got the theme, I've got the roles, I've got plenty of adaptability in case we get what is highly likely of an influx of new players. If no one else has a game ready, I would like to host the next one.

Sounds good to me. I'd like to play one before I host one, but I've got one ready as well. I hope that we didn't pick the same theme. ;-) From what I can tell the theme I picked hasn't been used here yet.

When will the signup thread go live, only after the LOTR one is completely done?

When will the signup thread go live, only after the LOTR one is completely done?

yes. usually, after a game is done, there is end-game discussion and someone usually pipes in during that they would like to host.

the volunteer makes a sign-up thread which quickly gets sticked to the top by Gorny or Orphan, and ppl sign up and in some cases (ahem) spam it and start "wars" between each other.

more than likely, you will see Noodle and Bad Ash talk smack to each other in the sign up threads.

and in the games sometimes. gotta admit, it's quite entertaining. XD ^_^

Gorny gave me the one I have and im sure he did some of the others

You know you actually shouldn't discuss a maffia game in another thread while there's still a game going on

You know you actually shouldn't discuss a maffia game in another thread while there's still a game going on

the original question, iirc, was about how this was played and what was going on rule- and role-wise. it didn't spurt off into anything more until later and by that time, the game was pretty much almost done. yeah, there were some things that probably were not supposed to be said until after the game, but no harm done. :)

Someone needs to tell me whenever threads like this come up. I totally missed it :(

You need to get your face out of your popcorn. Oh and tc, damn you, damn you to hell.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High