Weird Magefist

rahoagla1

Aug 7, 2009
Weird Magefist

Hopefully this is in the right thread. So I've been playing D2 for years and have never seen anything like this or any topic on this, but I just picked up a set of magefist from a brute in Act 1 hell in single player. Everything looked normal, but less defense than my current ones, so I gave them to a friend. He noticed that they had 5% chance of crushing blow. Which I had just glanced over before. I haven't read anything about magefist spawning with CB before, and was wondering if anyone had run into this before. I'm baffled. Thanks in advance.

Re: Weird Magefist

I think I speak for most of us here that we'd like to see a screenshot of that! :D

As for an explanation...
Dunno?

I think I speak for most of us here that we'd like to see a screenshot of that! :D

Yes you do, pic or it didn't happen.

Seems like your m8 is makig fun of you.

Here it is, I saw it for myself.

10ek2s3.jpg

Edit: Looking at Arreat Summit, it looks like the durability is different too. Hmm.

There's something fishy going on there.

Proper game screenshot requested.

Like in game screenshot. OK. One Sec.

Edit: Friend just left, will be a little while before he gets back to screencap.

I'm going to be the one to call shenanigans on this one and say the whole "brute dropping" story is a load of bull.

Sorry, don't use Bnet. Just play single player, and occasionally LAN

Unfortunately this claim will be unsubstantiated then, as it is possible to have a hero editor to change things like this. had it been on b.net, these would have been a very big curiosity.

"Everything looked normal, but less defense than my current ones"

Note: He's wearing what looks like Chance Guards on that character.

It also has +1 Fire Skills (Sorceress Only), while real Magefists have +1 Fire Skills for all classes.

I say some kind of editor has been used here, and not even particularly well done :)

This is kind of what i figured everyone would say. No worries, I'll just stick to single player.

This is kind of what i figured everyone would say. No worries, I'll just stick to single player.
It's the lack of proof that's doing you in right now.

What we need is a play by play with screenshots of exactly how the gloves dropped from the monster and you identifying it.
A video would work too.

If you're going to stick around and be Single Player...I would advise not trading on the SP Forums here.

If you want I can email you a flux capacitor to head back to the past.

@ GORNY, that's not a problem, I generally just play with one or two friends.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High