Happy Bastille Day!! (Tuesdaily)

Trim

Oct 28, 2007
Happy Bastille Day!! (Tuesdaily)

In other words, Go-o-o-ooo France!!

Gotta make this quick: my break's over shortly. :rolleyes:

RL: I did all my official paperwork for the new apartment yesterday, so when I show up on Wednesday I can just pick up my keys and go!

Today isn't much of a celebration day for me, though. It's the ten year anniversary since my father's death, so I'm in memorandum & reminiscent mode. He was the most influential alcoholic I've ever known, so in his honor I plan on getting pretty drunk today. You're missed, Dad.

D2: Doubtful. Between a lack of sleep and desire, it's not on the agenda yet.

OVG: Tyrian, probably. I beat the game on normal yesterday (on the 'slower' game speed, though :crazyeyes: ), so I'm retrying on a faster setting. It's got a lot more replay value than Ikaruga, but it's less challenging by far. Still, it's really fun. Thanks, FastE!

Maybe y'all will get some drunken posts later today. Hope you enjoy!! :alright:

Re: Happy Bastille Day!! (Tuesdaily)

RL: Had an Accounting test in school. Think I did allright. Cut my hair and bought way too many chop chip cookies and candy bags.

D2: Prolly play some on my tourney characters.

RL: As usual. Get up. Some d2. Go to buy icecream. Some studying. Some d2. Martial arts. Some d2. Sleep.

D2: Wsk runs with fishyzon(2-4 runs maybe), and some LK runs(75 so far).

RL: Went running with a friend of mine yesterday which was pretty fun(minus the part where my legs felt like they were on fire...). Afterward, I went home and played D2. Made a bad CtA with +2 BO [shamelesspromotion]You can go bid on it in the SPTF![/shamelesspromotion] and did some Baal runs with Ashmer. They went much better than the previous night :p. Today I just have work. Then it's all D2 time.

D2: Damn right. I'm going to try and finish one set of HF rushes and then squeeze in two more before I MP. Should be very doable in 4 hours once I get going...And as long as the game doesn't crash.

@TRM: Sorry to hear about the significance of today for you. Have you got the sound working on Tyrian yet? Do it!

@Pijus: Glad to hear you're going to martial arts again. I hope you enjoy it!

RL: I have a cold, which I haven't told my mum about, in case she accuses me of having swine flu. Was going to the gym, but I can't in my present condition. Tried to bank my inheritance cheque yesterday but... it wasn't signed. It wasn't signed by the people that charge ~£150/hr. Today I will pick up the signed cheque and try again, whilst hanging out with my gym friend. Lots to catch up on. I've made a vary attainable to do list, which involved college work, and posting pictures of my tattoos. I will do that before I even think about....

D2: I'd really like to get my Blizzy far enough into Hell that she's comfortable running Hell Meph. I may even try to MP later.

OVG: Fallout 3. I've got very far into the main story arc, and I just don't know what to expect next, although seeing an Apache helicopter in a post-apocalyptic wasteland stretched my imagination somewhat.

OVG: Fallout 3. I've got very far into the main story arc, and I just don't know what to expect next, although seeing an Apache helicopter in a post-apocalyptic wasteland stretched my imagination somewhat.

Awesome game. Be sure to install Broken Steel before finishing the main quest...

RL: Boring office day doing literally nothing.

D2: Playing again for a change. Couple of friends of mine were talking about playing some co-op game casually and D2 popped up in their discussion. With my superior game experience, I was drafted pretty quickly to join. Rolling up separate stashes/characters for this, I think. These are good guys, but I somewhat paranoid about interacting with non-SPFites.

@Pijus : Good to see your doin some hard lifting in LK again
@TRM : What are you having for celebration drinks?
@Eddie : Get going with that list!

Work-RL : 2 h left of this loong day
Home-RL : I think most is done... 4 now
Misc-RL : Messaround some more with my home project

Running-D2 : 40 more LK runs (Need Lem for Treachery)
Farming-D2 : 500k gold more
Questing-D2 : take out the oldies with the MA sin, and maybe Baal to

@FastE: When you said I could run Tyrian straight out of the .zip file, I just started the game by clicking on tyrian.exe. It worked, but no sound. I know the read-me's of the huge DOS games downloads say to use DOSBox, but I didn't think about it for Tyrian. But whenever you responded to get DOSBox, I went :doh: and downloaded it immediately. Can I just say that I haven't touched DOS in 14+ years? It took me a moment before I understood what I was doing. :D The sound is now working and it's great. However, an added effect is that it increased the game speed by about 2x or 3x compared to how I was playing it before, which is why recently I beat the game on 'slower' speed. What's your favorite weapon setup?

By the by, I was doing some random searching online at work. Do you happen to know much about the user-created scene and whether any mods or adaptations are worth looking into?

@Megs: Gin & Tonic/Ginger Ale. It's not what my dad would have imbibed himself, but I'm not in the mood to drink cheap wine or coffee brandy/milk concoctions. <Taking my first sip now> Whoo, that's strong stuff... :thumbup:

@Menace : So you have the day of tomorrow or are you gonna drunkdrive to work tomorrow morning :guiness:

RL: hungoverish from the ~7 hours of beer at the pub-of-a-thousand-beers yesterday. Ugh. But I didn't smoke too much, so the hangover's not as bad as it could be. Some coffee, cereal maybe, and a nap later will chase it all away.

Other than that, the usual: coffee/job hunt, forum surf, lunch, job hunt, D2, dinner, D2/movie/baseball. Good times.

D2: A_Kitin (GwE) killed Radament yesterday, so she'll likely venture out into the desert. Judith (SoD) took out Blood Raven and cleared the cold plains (but skipped the Cave) and she'll likely be going off to fetch Cain. On top of that, I've been having a desire to do a bit of septing. . . jeez. TOo many projects on my D2 plate and too little time.

@Megs: As of right now, I'm not needed at work for another thirteen hours, so if anything I'll be doing the hangover-drive. Not an advocate for drink-driving (my dad, on the other hand, wouldn't have been seen behind the wheel of a car without a cigarette in one hand and a plastic red cup o' booze in the other, steering with his knees... :rolleyes: I may be honoring my father today, but I'm not going THAT far).

Normally I don't drink very often at all, and even when I do it's rare when I get sloppy. ...However, I just finished my first drink, and I'm absolutely feeling it. Smoke break, drink refill, and then back to Tyrian!! :thumbup:

@MLM: I'm over a third of the way throught the list!

@Smips: Is that because the vanilla game ends after the main quest? I wasn't planning to buy any DLC just yet, but I'm definitely going to replay through the game (currently going through as a good-karma female character who uses non-energy weapons) at least once. The DLC does sound intriguing though, albeit stricken with GFWL problems!

@TRM: My setup is Sonic Wave front & back, twin Zica lasers on the side, and the best shield, ship and generator (I *could* be more specific there). It's not the most powerful, and I'm getting creamed on one of the last levels on Episode 5 on the Hard setting. As DOSbox is technically an emulator, it has the option to 'frameskip' which can be increased or decreased to a comfortable speed. I know not much about the mod scene, besides, the game itself has a shedload of strange and wacky content. Special moves for each ship? Six difficulty settings? Carrot ships firing Banana Bombs and Hot Dog Lasers? Have you even tried to follow the plot? Give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can dig up some other files I may have had come with it.

@Smips: Is that because the vanilla game ends after the main quest? I wasn't planning to buy any DLC just yet, but I'm definitely going to replay through the game (currently going through as a good-karma female character who uses non-energy weapons) at least once. The DLC does sound intriguing though, albeit stricken with GFWL problems!

At the very least, make a save file before starting the last mission. I lost about 6 hours of gameplay because I didn't keep my backup save up to date.

Thanks smips, will do. I just got to the Citadel.

UPDATE: To-do list completion going strong. Yay me!

Thanks smips, will do. I just got to the Citadel.

UPDATE: To-do list completion going strong. Yay me!

*gooo Eddie*

My gogo list is finally begining to roll here! MA sin took out the Oldies on /p8 with ease... always something!

I did 200 LK runs so far. Maybe 50 more later, but not more. I..must..have...a...Sur....

Okay, three big drinks in, and I won't be looking up to see what kind of drunken mistakes I've made with speeling and grammar!! :D

@Megs: As per my father: I have few memories of him before he and my mother split up, so I can't say how happy with his lkife he may have beeen beforehand/after the seperation. That said... yeah, he was a retty heavy drinker. He had his coffee in the morning, but after that I don't think he ever had a drink that didn't have alcohol in it. Add a little marijuana and... well, you had a very sporadic-tempered fellow. Still, it takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round.

@FastE: Interesting setup, but I go a little different. I've found I like Zica Laser (front), Sonic Wave (back), and dual Plasma Storms (sides). The sonics look ugly and not nearly as impressive as the guided bombs, but you can't argue with effectiveness. I haven't gotten any of the twiddles to work yet, but so far it's been a solid setup. I'd like to try the standard Lasers, but the Zicas have been great so far on Normal. Hard on normal speed will come soon. Oh, and the youbube link has been a great insight into the game itself. You're so helpful! :thumbup: I finally saw the humor you mentioned after acquiring the Hit Dog weapons, then shen Self was logging to Selkf. It's been a great distraction the last few days. ...Now, on to packing for the big move acros town... <groan>

PRE-POST EDIT: Hmm, even after those drinks, that's ~97% accuracy. No wonder my emplyers love me in my data entry position! :alright: Thou8s, spelling the word 'spelling' as speeling isn't so great.

EDOIT @: Outting numbers into workds isn't that great either.

EDIOT#3: ...I should just ive up. lolololol

Megalomania said:
*gooo Eddie*

TheReadMenace said:
You're so helpful! :thumbup:

My own personal morale-boosting cheerleaders :jig: You guys would look great in tube tops and pom-poms!

TRM, Plasma Storms are made of win, so is the standard Laser, and also the Zica Flamethrower side weapons. Also, that post was hilarious to read, you make me want to drink and have as much fun as you!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High