Change MFO Categories

What area will you run in the upcoming MFO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Change MFO Categories

tunnels here, having just rolled a nice map for my blizz sorc. second would be baal and third pindle i think.

Come to think of it, my only 1.12 sorc is a pure fire sorc w/ essentially no backup, so I may just have to start my own category and run Hell Andariel. Gieb Arcanna's Sign!!!!lol111!11oneshiftone!! :D

You may try Icy Cellar. It's a lvl84 area with easy topology, and some "interesting" species are to be found there. Only a few packs of frenzytaurs with nasty mods away from being "nice and quite place" :wink:

There is imo no need to separate AT from the rest of alvl85 areas.

As for me, it's Baal and whatever stuff you have to kill to get to him..

I voted something else and that would be beer/durf. If Id participate (unlikely?) it would depend on the character I can prepare for it. Either mephy (blizz) or wsk/baal (litsorc).

PvP week is priority for me though.

Would be nice with competition trying to get from lvl 98 to 99 doing nihlathakruns. Was 12K from the start not sure how many left

Yeah nihaltlak can be done during 30-40s I think so runs are fast. I maybe will try with poison necro get 99 this way :)

I'm interested on rune hunt as all of my SC characters are well done with their equipment, I have nothing left to after but an Enigma on a superior breastplate. I already have a Ber on my pocket, still dreaming for a Jah after these several years...

I'm not sure what I'll be running. If there's a Team Kittens! again I'll fill whatever slot is needed for a complete team. My preference would probably be something like CS/Baal/Pits.

I like the idea of a rune hunt, though it's unlikely that I will participate in it this MFO. And I like the idea of splitting the A85 category. It's hard to beat the speed, power and MF of an AT Blizzy unless you're filthy rich and it would be really nice to see some other builds and areas be competitive.

Why is AT superior to other areas? Is it just because a Blizzard sorc is fairly cheap to make effective and AT has no CIs?

I think the AT has more bosspacks in a smaller area so run times are short for high reward. Other areas aren't so compact. That along with the fact there are zero CIs makes it easy to run. Granted I don't really run the AT, but that was my understanding.

Personally I haven't decided if I will join the MFO or not this time around. RL is eating up most of my gaming time. However were I to run I'd would do Mephisto first (still owes me a Horizon's Tornado) followed by non-AT Level 85 areas of either the Pits or WSK. However if the level 85 area category was kept as-is (with AT included) I wouldn't join it as I have no chance of competing there.

And I like the idea of splitting the A85 category.

I would like to hear more on this. I've seen one or two comments both ways but this seems to be the biggest question.

Borje said:
Why is AT superior to other areas? Is it just because a Blizzard sorc is fairly cheap to make effective and AT has no CIs?

No CI's does mean no fancy gear needed for a blizz sorc. All other (significant) areas have multiple resistances so hybrids or expensive gear is required. Though these days requiring at least one high end specialty item (usually enigma or Infinity) simply isn't as limiting as it used to be.

EDIT: After a bit more thought, plan on the MFO starting one week later ([highlight]July 31st[/highlight]). I won't overlap the pvp week when it is so easily avoidable.

Voted: AT
2nd priority: Meph
3rd Priority: Baal

Splitting alvl 85 areas: It makes sense to me since AT really is superior in terms of safety, monster density, immunities, etc. Even a subpar AT map is superior to basically any pit, RoF, WSK, etc. map.

Not entirely sure if I'll be playing D2 again by the 31st, but if I do, I'd like to join in the rune hunt. I've gotten pretty fast at LK running (although right now I'm on a suboptimal map running a very reliable dusk shroud rack).

I would like to hear more on this. I've seen one or two comments both ways but this seems to be the biggest question.

depend what idea you have
if you think have AT as solo category and then another category will be area85 without AT or what you think?
beacuse e.g. pit wit poison necro on p1 is same or maybe even more fast with packs/s then AT but only problem is that you nedd enigma for that and few players have it.
And how many categories should be and how you think with teams competition?
beacuse if you divide AT from areaa85 the same you will have most players in AT the same :) only 1-3 will be in another areas e.g. that CS enigmadins and poison necro pitruners
say me some options

Splitting alvl 85 areas: It makes sense to me since AT really is superior in terms of safety, monster density, immunities, etc. Even a subpar AT map is superior to basically any pit, RoF, WSK, etc. map.

WSK map can be very nice with many packs on small space close the WSK2 WP but problem is, that you need to have resist in WSK and you can not use occulus so effetive beacuse you are catching many hits there. And one of monsters is CI but on p1 merc can resolve it very quickly. I will make video from WSK run and I will show you it if you want.

since i have an exam on july 31st, I'd take the easiest choice, which is Meph. Following choices are AT and runehunt.
That is if I pass the exam, in case I don't, I don't think I'll be able to participate...

But it'd actually be fun to run something different. Like cows for instance. I know it's nowhere near the most efficient MF target, but meh.

I´m 100% self found and don´t trade so... it´s more the friendly competition I´m after.

This fall I´m setting up a liteSorc and will hit Baal with inf merc... so a baal runnin comp would be nice to get some motivation up.

Regarding the categories, I am a traditionalist - keep them simple and the same. For other targets, there could be another round of mini-MFOs? (Andariel,Cows,Pits,WSK...)

And as Bassano pointed out, there will be probably a small participation in "Other lvl85 category"

1st baal
2nd AT
3rd N/A

I think the lvl85 area split is a good thing, for the same reasons as others said. Baal is number one just because he's conveniently in the way when I go for 99.

I haven't voted, since I feel my current life doesn't support 10 days MFO craziness anymore :crazyeyes:
Anyways, if I were to participate, I'd very much like to give Nihlatak a try. Of course, that would be best with an Enigmadin, which I don't have, but I'd like to try nonetheless. Nihlatak doesn't fit into any of the current categories, so one would have to make a 5th. Now I don't know if that'd be a good idea, but as Hrus suggested: Maybe for a Mini-MFO?

Regarding the categories, I am a traditionalist - keep them simple and the same. For other targets, there could be another round of mini-MFOs? (Andariel,Cows,Pits,WSK...)

I am with you beacuse just many times was same and always was good so I do not see reason to change it. AT will be probably most occupated category always :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High