BVB - Opinions?

Tiidus

May 28, 2007
BVB - Opinions?

Hi all,

taking a vote, which setup you think would be best. Testing them both at the moment, but can't decide, which does better.

2460d Eth Toothrow + 711d Eth Areats

or

pefect SA Fort + 498d Areats (30max)

Re: BVB - Opinions?

both setups will work ok. personally, i'd probably go with the sac fort.

fyi: i have the basics of a BvB guide written out, i'll post it soon.

both setups will work ok. personally, i'd probably go with the sac fort.

fyi: i have the basics of a BvB guide written out, i'll post it soon.

Thanks. already got a lvl 97 barb tho. #1 on ladder atm :). just waiting for nl for better duels, dunno how i'll compare tho, coz won't be using zbugs.

Just can't decide, which I prefer. wondered what others thought

I like sacred fort(nl). Arreats never been 100% sure, but I use similar 498 jeweled ed/str/dex that serves me well.

forti/arreat both eth on ladder, on nl sacred forti +eth arreat

Eth fort is bm. only industructable items or self repair should be used. and I prefer the 30extra max over 200defense on the normal areats.

Eth fort is bm. only industructable items or self repair should be used. and I prefer the 30extra max over 200defense on the normal areats.

Yeah, eth items that are not indestructable (forts) are considered BM on dueling ladders that I know of.
But wow they really ARE awesome tho.
Apparently eth/indestructable Forts exist on west....but I'm on East so I never see that.

Yeah, eth items that are not indestructable (forts) are considered BM on dueling ladders that I know of.
But wow they really ARE awesome tho.
Apparently eth/indestructable Forts exist on west....but I'm on East so I never see that.

yeah they do on non ladder. zbug forts. im on ladder though, so these can't be made anymore. and to be honoust the price they go for really isn't worth it.

they do exist, in ever decreasing quantities.

then banwave knocked a good chunk of them out of existance. i'd advise against trading for one unless you know the dude you're getting it from.

Eth fort is bm. only industructable items or self repair should be used.
your more than welcome to use def-bugged degrading durabililty armours when facing someone using one of the aforementioned z-bugs.

i have a zbug and i carry a regular 1668 AP fort in my stash to use against people who don't have a zbug.

zbug vs non zbug is kinda ***.

Apparently west rules are different from east rules due to that armor. But wait, are you saying the eth/indestructable forts exist on EAST and WEST?!? or other realms?

Apparently west rules are different from east rules due to that armor. But wait, are you saying the eth/indestructable forts exist on EAST and WEST?!? or other realms?

I only play west ladder, so not 100% sure. but they deffinately exist on west non ladder, so id be very surprised if there wasn't atleast a few on east considering it tends to have a higher amount of ppl playing it

afaik, and i could well be wrong, zbug forts (and CoH's) exist on East NL and West NL.

NOTE: z-bug = eth items socketed with a Zod rune during patch 1.09, then the rune being hel'd out to leave an eth indestructable shell.
e-bug = an eth armour socketed using the cube which then gains an extra defence bonus (with the exception of a Prudence armour, e-bugs will degrade durability with use and eventually break).

PERSONALLY: i don't see anything wrong with someone without a z-bug using e-bug armour against z-bug users. if the z-bug user starts to crai, just point out to them that THEY are using a bugged armour, so fairs fair, either STFU and duel OR both of you get a regular armour on.

tbh: i would actually prefer it if ALL the zbug AP forts on West NL (including mine) went poof.

a zbug user has a HUGE advantage over someone without one (regardless of how much they might claim otherwise). i know that prior to getting mine, i was cranking 23kdef in my 1668 AP fort and got regularly pwnt by zbug users. the ONLY difference between me and some other barbs was: they had a zbug, i didn't. they had the undeniable equipment advantage.

personally, i still have that regular AP fort and will happily put it on to duel someone who isn't using an eth body armour.

side note: iirc, under the old King Of King (KoK) rules ALL eth body armour was considered BM (so were mana pots).

a zbug user has a HUGE advantage over someone without one (regardless of how much they might claim otherwise). i know that prior to getting mine, i was cranking 23kdef in my 1668 AP fort and got regularly pwnt by zbug users. the ONLY difference between me and some other barbs was: they had a zbug, i didn't. they had the undeniable equipment advantage.

So true. 10 char

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High