Question on Skills

Mason

Jun 30, 2008
Question on Skills

Does the Necro Amplify Damage Effect the damage taken by the paladins thorns aura?

Me and a freind are doing a Minion master W/ Amplify damage and a Thorn aura Paladin

Re: Question on Skills

Amp will affect thorns damage, but thorns still isn't useful in hell mode because monsters there deal far less damage than they have life.

Amp will affect thorns damage, but thorns still isn't useful in hell mode because monsters there deal far less damage than they have life.

You think a Minion Master Could Take Hell Near solo?

That depends on what a minion master is :whistling:

That depends on what a minion master is :whistling:

Lots of strong minion W/ lvl 1 Aplify damage

So lvl 20 Thorns Aura would be 1000% damaged returned right?
that would be 10x, so if amplify damage being 100% would that make it 20x?

Lots of strong minion W/ lvl 1 Aplify damage

OK, as amp isn't mantioned, I will assume that it's about a summon necromancer with skeletons and perhaps revives (plus a clay golem and a merc, of course). These guys are pretty good at solving the game solo, even with suboptimal gear, although there are a few obstacles which can be quite tough at the level they are typically encountered at, like normal Diablo. I usually run through 3-4 complete skeleton armies to defeat him with such a character. As soon as decrepify is available, act bosses aren't that much of a threat anymore.

So lvl 20 Thorns Aura would be 1000% damaged returned right?
that would be 10x, so if amplify damage being 100% would that make it 20x?

Amp reduces physical resistance by 100%, so it works particularly well against monsters with high physical resistance, as the difference between 90% and -10% is a factor of 11, for example. For a monster with 0%, it will double the damage. Amp only affects physical damage.

20-fold returned damage isn't enough for hell mode. For example, a venom lord from act 4 has 9-15k life and his melee attack deals 90-150 life, i.e. 1/100 of that and for each player beyond the first, they will have 50% additional life while their damage increases by just 1/16 per player. Also, the better you are protected, the less the effect will be because the monsters will hit you less often, although I guess it's mainly about applying thorns through skeletons. Anyway, the stronger the minions are, the less they will get hit and the less damage will be returned. That doesn't sound like a good strategy.

OK, as amp isn't mantioned, I will assume that it's about a summon necromancer with skeletons and perhaps revives (plus a clay golem and a merc, of course). These guys are pretty good at solving the game solo, even with suboptimal gear, although there are a few obstacles which can be quite tough at the level they are typically encountered at, like normal Diablo. I usually run through 3-4 complete skeleton armies to defeat him with such a character. As soon as decrepify is available, act bosses aren't that much of a threat anymore.

Amp reduces physical resistance by 100%, so it works particularly well against monsters with high physical resistance, as the difference between 90% and -10% is a factor of 11, for example. For a monster with 0%, it will double the damage. Amp only affects physical damage.

20-fold returned damage isn't enough for hell mode. For example, a venom lord from act 4 has 9-15k life and his melee attack deals 90-150 life, i.e. 1/100 of that and for each player beyond the first, they will have 50% additional life while their damage increases by just 1/16 per player. Also, the better you are protected, the less the effect will be because the monsters will hit you less often, although I guess it's mainly about applying thorns through skeletons. Anyway, the stronger the minions are, the less they will get hit and the less damage will be returned. That doesn't sound like a good strategy.

Well as The summan Necro can do more or less solo game, I can use my friends Palladin w/ Thorns as kinda an added bonus

Well as The summan Necro can do more or less solo game, I can use my friends Palladin w/ Thorns as kinda an added bonus

Your friend's paladin will contribute in a better way by providing a fanaticism aura wich adds speed and damage to the minions.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High