RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Stratonlike
Character level: 68
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Fendazon (Damage Reduction/Defense Theme)
Game difficulty: Nightmare/Single Player
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Yes
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Was doing Baal runs with my Brother and his mageazon on single player over a LAN game. Did about 5-8 runs and was in level 3 of WSK. About to hit the throne entrance when I switched to my spear to love tap a OKnight mage after running around a corner. Lag spike during weapon switch. IM=deeds.

Lesson: Next time slow down (as in switching to walk) and switch to ranged weapon.

Death Certificate

Character name: Lemurette
Character level: 49
Character class: amazon
Character build: Java, jab/LF/CS
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 1

Corpse looted: No
Death type: CVP or more correctly KVP

Cause of demise: I was farming NM Andy, I also have a new kitten. You can guess the rest.:hammerhead:

Death Certificate

Character name: Soultaken
Character level: 76
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Summoner
Game difficulty: Hell / Ladder EU
Act: 1
Corpse looted: No :(

My first char in a long time in Diablo was happy with him as well. Cause of death well......a combination of bad luck explains it best i think.

2 days ago I was trying out hell difficulty, felt good to was making progress in the dark tower going for Countess. Then it happen, on the last flour and I get some of the dam demons with cold aura and one from the other side spewing out lightning. My skellies went to work ofc and was like hell indeed in that room, but i was surviving dodging lightning bullets like a pro dancer. Out of no were the random factor comes in my bloody IKEA table collapses, keyboard on the flour and me like a living question mark starring at it…. 2 sec later bam I am dead.
Don’t know who I am going to blame them for the table or me who put the thing together (probably my fault but it feels better to blame them:thumbup:).

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Tsgadin
Character level: 52
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Hammerdin
Act: 4
Death type: PvLag

I was cruising through NM pretty easily, clearing act 2, 3, and first two quests in 4. Then I went to do Chaos Sanctuary. Cleared out the left seal easily, but when I got to the top seal I hit a lag spike right after I tp'd to heal up. Figured that was it for the lag so I finished off that group when I came back into the game, then headed to the right seals. Well, as luck would have it, right after I hit the seal for the Infector my internet dropped. Logged back in to see my ghost. :(

Not sure what character I'm going to make now, but I will be a lot more careful next time some lag spikes come my way.

=============

It's been a while since I've had to post one of these!

Death Certificate

Character name: Hps_Plan
Character level: 60
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orb/TK
Act: 3
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: I was just starting to first drop NM Meph and was still afraid to be there. I was fully clearing Durance 3 so that I'd have room to maneuver in case things got messy while fighting Meph. Was fighting one of the council members in the side rooms when things started to get hot behind me (vampires). In an attempt to teleport out of the room I managed to make a stop next to the fe council member as, I assume, a stray shard finished him off... splat goes the sorceress. I knew as I pressed the teleport button down that I had picked a poor direction to make good my retreat, but by then it was too late. Not much skin off my nose, but it would have been nice if I'd managed to get in more then 2 meph runs before I erased her... perhaps next time.

-hps

Death Certificate

Character name: Hanuman-v
Character level: 25
Character class: Druid
Character build: WW
Game difficulty: Normal

Cause of demise: Bremm Sparkfist got me when I pressed the wrong potion button. I had many rejuvenation potions but hit the mana potion instead. RIP. My first HC character and first Druid. Didn't even get to use Fury.

Last edited:

Got two to report :( Writing about it makes it easier on me lol

Death Certificate

Character name: ISTABYOFACE
Character level: 70
Character build: Fishymancer
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 2

Cause of demise: Just chilling in act2 rockey waste with an ample army of skellies, my might merc and golem. Encountered a lot of those nasty lighting beetles, good thing I had nearly max lighting res and 700hp. I was blindy spamming Amp and CE, mowing down everything and didn't notice the cold enhanced champion. He kicked the bucket with one of my well placed CE and he frost nova'ed taking me with him. One hit kill. Who would have thought you needed lots of cold res in Act 2? Not me, obviously:whistling:

Lesson: Don't go ahead of your level. Don't go to hell with neg res in any element even if there isn't much of that element in the act you're in.
----------------------------
Death Certificate

Character name: FROZENBIATCH
Character level: 19
Character class: Sorc
Game difficulty: Norm
Act: 2

Cause of demise: Tried taking on Duriel solo. At level 19, I thought it would be cake, but its damn hard killing at the early lvls with the orb/tk build. Anyway got down to the chamber static'ed him to half health and emilio died in 2 hits. Tried to tp back but Duriel got on top of me fast. Hit me once knocked me down to half health and interrupted my tp cast. Tried to S&E, hit esc mouse slipped and mashed the left mouse button. Saw the video options screen and knew I was done.

Lesson: Don't panic and don't be an idiot:crazyeyes:

Death Certificate

Character name: Gelu_Mortalitas (Latin for "cold death")
Character level: 84

Cause of demise: S/E during a lag spike (i.e. I could hear dolls nearby, but neither them nor my merc were moving, and I couldn't Teleport) on my way to Meph on my 220th run. Tried to create another game after returning to channel and got FTJ. Escaped back to account screen and found that I had a temp restriction. Decided to let things chill out for a while. Came back a few minutes later to a ghost. Worst first death of the season ever. :weep:

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]ZappaFan_Singer[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]54[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Barbarian[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Singer/Frenzier[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Nightmare[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]4 (Izzy)[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Impatience and utter stupidity. Been a grind leveling up my two first S5 characters, and finally got to the point where I'm just about to do NM Forge. Had gotten the City waypoint but did not see Izzy on my way (wasn't doing a total clearing because again, I was in a hurry to get to NM forge). So I decided to double back and hit Izzy before I went ahead onto River. Got overwhelmed by a bunch of nasty Gloams and died a very quick death. Thanks to TheDarkSide for helping me loot. Been quite a while since I had a death I probably needed a reminder. I was playing WAY too recklessly.

Death Certificate

Character name: LoudAngryPanda
Character level: 55
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: IK whirlwind barb
Difficulty: NM
Act: 2 (Tombing)
Corpse looted: No (ouch)

Cause of Demise: I'm a complete moron. I absolutey dominated all of act 2 and 3 NM, but last night because I was bored of andy runs and still afraid of oblivion knights too much for act 4, I decided to do some tomb runs. Since I tore everything apart so quickly with whirlwind, I didn't see the danger in whirlwinding into a gold-chest room with three mini bosses (one scarab, two Hollow Ones). The worst part about it was that I didn't even die immediately. I was amp'd, my health dropped to 1/3, and I was just leaving the room and about to save+exit when my merc poked the scarab boss just enough times for the lightning to drop me for good. When you have the opportunity to save+exit, you should do it!

Lessons: Defiance merc>Might merc for HC when you don't have a shield, and the most painful lesson by far was don't immediately leave when you die even if you're upset!

congrats colt for losing all that IK you had on you :banghead:

Death Certificate

Character name: OutDamnSpot
Character level: 75
Character build: Megaman Sorc
Difficulty: Hell
Act: 2 (Maggot Lair 1)
Corpse looted: Yes! Thanks MyK.

My Megaman Sorc was a FRW, Fireball (20 bolt, 20 FB, 20 FM) and Orb (20 Orb / 15 Mastery) build with no block and no points in the Light tree. She was a beautiful cannon of destruction who finally ran against the rocks while running, balls first, through the claustrophobic tunnels of the maggot lair. I think I desynched when I accidentally ran into MyK, as my attackers were of the invisible, nowhere near me, variety. My health starting dropping fast to the crisp crackle of electric beetles. Like a schizophrenic who has taken a bottle of Dexedrine, I flailed with vivactiy in the general direction of my invisible enemies, but it was all in vain.

RIP:

Death Certificate

Character name: Ernieee
Character level: 30
Character build: Fishy
Difficulty: Normal
Act: 1 Dark Wood
Death type: TPPK by WorldWithoutEnd

Death Certificate

Character name: Workahol
Character level: 60
Character build: Orber...
Difficulty: NM
Act: 5 Throne
Corpse looted: Yeah

I don't really know what happened. It was a combination of my keyboard acting funny, my dad talking to me about some really redundant crap, tons of those witch things flying around and shooting me, and noob panic. Maybe next time I'll take some juves with me.

On the other hand, I won't be able to bore myself running Mephisto anymore...

RIP:

Death Certificate

Character Name: Naeth
Character Level: 31
Character Class: Necromancer
Character Build: Fishymancer
Difficulty: Normal
Act: Act 4 - Chaos Sanctuary
Corpse Looted: No
Death Type: PvM

In a 8 player game, decided to take on Diablo. All was going well until Big D lightninged all my skellys, so I tp'ed out to grab some more from cold plains. Diablo had about 1/5 life left so I was happy, entered back through my tp and instantly Diablo started his lightning attack again, straight at me. I think I died in less than a second, while trying to quaff my rejuvs. Note to self for next time, don't tp so close to Diablo. *Tear.

Death Certificate

Character Name: Kelba
Character Level: 77
Character Class: Barbarian
Character Build: Berzerker
Difficulty: Hell
Act: Act 1 - Tower
Corpse Looted: Yes
Death Type: PvM

screenshot022gx0.jpg

Death Certificate

Character name: V-Brooke
Character level: 27
Character class: Necro
Character build: CommandoMancer
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 4

Cause of demise: TP'ed back into Diablo's lair (with my newly revived skeleton army) and was immediately mobbed by a pack of extra fast demons lead by Protector of Souls (Extra fast Spectrol hit). After my army went down I tried to TP out but was surrounded and quickly pummeled to death leaving without a chance to run. I thought my original TP was far enough away from the mob when I left the first time... I got 1 act and 2 levels higher than my 1st HC character. Hopefully the 3rd time will be a charm :)

Death Certificate

Character name: Earl_ofBronze
Character level: 63
Character build: HolyShock Ranger

Damn those dolls! I carelessly ran through a doorway in durance level 2, straight into a group of dolls. Before i even realised, my merc lunged at one standing next to me, killing it. The explosion sent me to the grave :(

Death Certificate

Character name: TuT_Thor
Character level: 90
Character build: Hammerdin
Game difficulty: Hell, Act: V

After having survived some close calls, my poor hammerdin is now getting some solid sack-time in the secret paladin burial grounds. His stacked 90,90,90,90 resists didn't quite cut it, and though I had my BO-barb in the game too, I wasn't about to take any chances recovering his body :whistling:. He will be rebuilt though :nod:. As fast as possible in fact. Though his name sits on the paladin hardcore ladder at #111.

PaladinDeath2.JPG

...cause of demise :tombstone:...

#EDIT: 3122 life in the blink of an eye - ouch.

Death Certificate

Character name: JonesMcBones
Character level: 80
Character build: Bonemancer
Act: 1 - Tower

Copped it running Hell Countess for runes. Three very nice uniques and their packs waiting to welcome me at the entrance to level five. My poor golem and mercenary bought the farm immediately, I played the potion keys like a retarded kid playing a xylophone, but that only prolonged my own agony for a few seconds more. To add insult to injury, the eight or so runs before had only netted me a grand total of 7 els, 2 elds and a nef... which I hadn't even muled.

C'est la vie. After a five year hiatus from the game JonesMcBones was several firsts for me. My first character for five years, my first ever hardcore character, my first necromancer, and now my first loss. On the whole, I don't think he did too badly. RIP Bonesy, you were fun while you lasted, and who knows? You may yet rise again someday...

Death Certificate

Character name: Das_Omen
Character level: 65
Character build: Meteor/Orb
Act: 5, WSK2

Cause of demise:
Died on my first tele off the WSK2 wp when I hit the middle of a group of extra fast, extra strong soul killers. Apparently my 55% FHR wasn't enough as my tele was continuously interupted and my ~650 life was gone in a second. At least I didn't lose much as I was wearing nothing but blues. She shall be rebuilt better, stronger, smarter :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High