RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Jun 22, 2003
RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

HC Death Certificate:
============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]Name Here[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]clvl Here[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]class here[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]MeleeMancer? WandAzon?[/highlight] (State the build type only)
Game difficulty: [highlight]Normal-Nightmare-Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]1/Cows-2-3-4-5[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes/No[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvP/PvM/PK[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Short description goes here

=============

RULES FOR POSTING IN THIS THREAD:

1. Please use the above Death Certificate format. Just highlight the above text, ctrl+c to copy, and then ctrl+v to paste into your new post.

2. NO REPLYING TO THREADS! This is not a discussion thread.

3. [highlight]Minimum character level is NINE (9).[/highlight] Do not post death certificates for anything lower or the moderator will PK your post.

4. Do not post here to discuss these rules. Post a regular thread or PM me.

5. Do not use your Short Description as a soapbox. Describe how you died. Please leave out the long editorial about how much you think PK'ers suck.

This thread will be periodically pruned, with the oldest entries deleted.

Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]CTA-Rockstar[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]84[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Sorceress[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Orb/Tele w/ Maxed GSpike[/highlight] (State the build type only)
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]5[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM or Perhaps PvTai[/highlight]

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] After we'd topped off the ladder the first night of Season 5, we were screwing around doing some Baal Runs, there was a miscommunication and I backed away from a set of Champ Dolls/FE Boss and threw a Javelin, not seeing that CTA-Rockstar was sandwiched between the aforementioned exploding baddies. RIP Rockstar, the greatest port char it's ever been my honor to run with.

Not Technically my Character, but seeing as I ran with it for 15+ hours and I was the cause of it's death I feel I can post here. She is the highest level dead character on EHCL at the time of this post and certainly deserves to christen the new deeds thread.
=============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Loco-Mofo
Character level: 22
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orb/TK
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 3
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Going for khalims eye when I saw a Cursed/Extra strong spider - first hit cursed me, second hit killed me. :( RIP Loco-Mofo

I posted this in the other one, but I'll post it here so Ratatata can receive a proper memorial...

HC Death Certificate:
============

Character name: Ratatata
Character level: 52
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Shock Ranger
Game Difficulty: Nightmare
Death Type: PvM

Cause of Demise: Stygian Dolls in Durance lvl 2. Ranger = no shield = poor def & res = death.

You're also encouraged to get a screenshot of your death and throw it into the graveyard gallery. You can fill out the official epitaph or go with this shorter death certificate, whichever floats your boat.

* Character Name, Class, Build, Level, and Realm/SP:
* Location of Death:
* Cause of Death:
* Details:
* Greatest Regret:
* Famous Last Words:
* What Could Have Prevented This Tragedy:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_Hulkster
Character level: 14
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Conc - barian ??
Act: 2
Cause of demise: Me vs the Undead Skeleton raising son of a B in the Halls of the Dead .. Reason I died was I was looking at the weather channel right before going to work and I ran into a boss . I turned to look at the Tv and before I turned back I was surrounded and dead in an instant ..

Moral of the story - turn the Tv off when playing D2 when you are severly untweaked and it's a new ladder season ....

Death Certificate

Character name: Master_Zap
Character level: 71
Character class: Necro
Character build: Summoner
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 1
Corpse looted: no

Cause of demise:
The lamest anti-climatic death ever. I'm running yet another countess run searching for the mad lootz . I ran to about level 3 when I came upon this large zombie minion pack just itching to eat my brains. In that minion pack of rotting flesh there was Unq. boss zombie that was stone skin and Cold enchanted, fire enchanted. After making short work of the bosses' minions it was down to he and I and about 10 skelly warriors with a mighty fire-golem.

After several mins of waiting for my horde to batter this chump down, I noticed he was about to pop. I then back up and KABLAAM! , I guess I wasn't quite far enough, the Cold enchanted nova ring just barely kissed me however having only 650 life and -50's res it was DEEDS.

I just made insight for the merc, had a tal's helm on him and I was rocking out a wormskull and perfect dr gerke's. :alright:

I did get a few mf runs in, so the replacement is started. I reached #25 on necro ladder.

I am now working on a Leap attack barb.

Last edited:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: CTA-raz
Character level: 87
Character class: barb
Character build: frenzy/bo
Game difficulty: hell
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Hell baaling, warcrying next to a3 wave and FE blew up in my face. Didn't get a chance to see my health go down, was dead within a second. Was #1 barb for a long time after CTA run, was #2 at time of demise trying to reclaim 1 and continue on to 99.

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Character name: xshook
Character level: 25
Character class: sorc
Character build: orb,mf,tele
Game Difficulty: Normal
Act: 4
Death Type: PvM

Cause of Demise: Well was with my friend heading to forge i was way ahead of them the monsters seemed easy. I ran threw a gap and when i hit the other side i was surrounded bye like 30 iron maidens, Died so fast didnt even see my health go down

Character name: summon-harrows
Character level: 55
Character class: necro
Character build: summon
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Death type: TpPK

Thought id create an account just to be the first to post a tppk kill here :)

Looked away in a pubby baal run to light a ciggy up. teach me to smoke i suppose :( FB sorce got the kill i think...i seen a red flash neway. Ah well...restart time again ..*sigh*

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: ZappyMcBlitz
Character level: 26
Character build: Shock Zealot

Cause of demise: Got my *** handed to me by the group of extra fast Venom Lord type monsters that spawns from one of the Seals on the right in the Chaos Sanctuary.

Death Certificate

Character name: Miss_slaps
Character level: 34
Character class: sorc
Character build: cold tree
Game difficulty: n
Act: baal
Corpse looted: no
Death type: tppk

joined a baal game and tped down to throne room and was killed instantly by a tppker called analsex.

Death Certificate

Character name: asdf_HCBlizz
Character level: 70
Character build: Blizzard

Cause of demise: Running away from Andariel to gain some distance when my screen freezes, and when it ends I'm dead.

Death Certificate

Character name: Librasulus
Character level: 77
Character build: Hammerdin

I'm a sucker for punishment...just did Countess, got a Key...ran on to get wp for Cloister and mule it...saw the Pits on the way...stop...muse I might find some good stuff in there...came across an ambush of Rogue Archers with curse from below me, Skeletons with Might from the right and Fallen boss with lightning from the left...merc goes down in 2 secs, I S&E immediately...here's the sucker for punishment part...I rejoined for revenge and the same thing happened except I tried to fight on and got my bum handed to me...lost a nifty 30 to life 22 to mana large charm and a 19 to life 7% poison res that I picked up on the way to the Tower and i'm mostly peeved at the loss of a Fal rune, aforementioned Key and my 33% Gheeds, to say nowt of my gear which wasn't bad...oh well, rebuild with a Sorc next I think as that was my first ladder death...

Death Certificate

Character name: Porkky
Character level: 25
Character class: sorceress
Character build: wanna-be Orb/TK
Death type: PvM/Bnet Lag

Cause of demise: Finishing up the last half of Act 3 while battling an incessant stream of lag spikes. I should have made a new game once I picked up the Durance 2 waypoint, but eager to finish Meph, I headed on. I dispatched the first pack of blood lords on Durance 3 and then the first 2 of Bremm's minions. I thought I had my blizzard locked onto Bremm at the edge of the screen, but soon realized that I had been hit with yet another lag spike as my comp caught up with Bnet and I heard my scream and saw the Deeds screen.

Death Certificate

Character name: Rejuvnation
Character level: 29
Character build: Future Orb/TK

Cause of demise: I found a nice enchant game and went to the ancient tunnels with my deadly Ravenclaw/Twitchroe combo, when I went to Glacial Trail or something. I found a boss which spawned with cursed, he cursed me, and right next where his Champions ranged friends (those who shoot spikes up from the ground at you)! RIP Rejuvnation... *Sigh* rebuild again, dammit.

----------------------------------------------

Death Certificate

Character name: ThePerfectSLave
Character level: 56
Character build: Blizzard

Cause of demise: I was glitch dropping NM Mephisto in random games, when I messed it up. The council member at the right side of the moat if you know what I mean screwed everything up. I had to do an escape tele at the other side of the moat where Mephisto obviously was waiting so I tele'd back, and finally managed to kill that council member. Suddenly I hear Mephisto laughing, he had managed to get to the other side of he moat! He shot a blizz at me, I hit a healing pot (no juvs dammit) when he do another blizz.. I ended up dead. I guess a good old S&E would have saved everything, but o' well. RIP ThePerfectSLave, who was my only char at USEast. Gotta make a new USEaster though, thats for sure!

:coffee: :coffee ::coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Rip: Our fallen friends
Death Certficate

Character Name: xAntiSocialx
Character Level: 73
Character Class: Assassin
Character Build: CoT/DTalon Martial arts
Game difficulty:Nightmare
Act:5
Corpse Looted: No
Death Type: TPPK

I was doing a baal run with semi-trustworthy people. Worldstone Chamber and we are all hunched around baal trying to kill. Tele Sorc says everyone back up, I don't. An Unid Swirling Crystal drops 0_o and i try to swipe, 2 seconds later...."Your deeds of valor will be remembered"--->Lost Vmagi, 2x Bartucs, Ravenfrost, Snowclash, Pul.

He even leaves a link. This tppk sponsored by

ffspk.net

=(

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Because
Character build: 2 handed might charger
Game difficulty: NM
Corpse looted: yes

Cause of demise: Walking through durance with a trapper friend and got cocky in front of a swarm of soul killers. Their tiny explosions negated my health instantly. Lucky I had a kind team-mate who hooked me up with my stuff again. Maybe this time I'll use a shield ....:whistling:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Kelba
Character level: 64
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Frenzy
Game difficulty: NM

Cause of demise: Iron Maiden + Frenzy Barb = Death.

Death Certificate

Character name: Thrace
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Hybrid
Death type: fire enchanted

Cause of demise: I was just about to finish the last ancient, getting really excited for some nm baal runs. Didn't notice the last one was fire enchanted, so i was there CSing him when he dies. I was at full health and i still die from the explosion. worst thing is that i lvled and died at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High