Everyone go bot hunting

I noticed that if I TP from Travincal, and they are making another trip there, they get confused at the portals and just stand or run back and forth switching from concentration to vigor. Throwing up a TP in another act seems to straighten them out, though one time funsad was pacing back and forth for several minutes before giving up and quitting the game.
oh my god this post made me laugh SO hard! :grin:

i gotta try this!

and if someone can, record video of you doing it. that would be the funniest part watchin a mf bot trying to mf while being beaten to death.
Ok, here it is.
Go easy on me guys, I don't make a lot of videos so it's basically an uninspired and half-assed imitation of other videos I've seen.

Also, if you want to know where the bots are, invite them to party. I've noticed that some of them will actually accept an invite. Not all of them, but some of them.

Only read this thread today, thanks Zalc for the most fun this game has been in a long time.

I think I'll come up with a build guide - the gold find bot hunter... killing them with my summoner is too slow, sometimes gives them time to tp.

EDIT - one of them was spamming hammers near the trav wp when I joined the game. Trying to counter hunters maybe?

Last edited:
i wonder how much dmg the blizz sorc in that video has. mine can do 3,5-3,7k with some equip switch, but then my res is really bad. would that be enough to take down a bot?

Ok, here it is.
Go easy on me guys, I don't make a lot of videos so it's basically an uninspired and half-assed imitation of other videos I've seen.

Also, if you want to know where the bots are, invite them to party. I've noticed that some of them will actually accept an invite. Not all of them, but some of them.

That video is great, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Things I've seen the bots wearing:
Guardian Angel
Wizard Spike
Thundergod's vigor
Rising sun ammy
Some wear shako, others dont

I figure that they will start trying to counter the hunters pretty soon.

Although human vs AI means you always have a one up.

i tried to find a game that the bot is in last night but no luck... any tips?
If you plan to get them at Eld/Shenk, look for games that have only been around for less than 2 minutes...even then you have a sizable window do kill Eld/Shenk and prep yourself to annihilate them.

I started mfing with that bot. Not mfing as in with a bot program but joining the bots game. Killing meph and then waiting for it at frigid but sometimes can't quite find the durance stairs so he finishes frigid and goes to the catacombs where I just barely miss it.

Edit:Lol! While bot pking.. I just met kidsmokin who was bot pking in the same game.

Last edited:
For some reason I have had great luck catching them at Trav...

At the beginning of every game they talk to Ormus, talk to Cain/stash, then to Ormus again, then finally to Trav. As soon as you enter the game you can go ahead and hostile them, and by the time you walk to the wp the 10s is up and you can camp and own them. They take a good minute after the game opens to actually begin their run.

haha yeah it seems bothunting is a sport now...meeting quite a few people around.

But the point is to have more people join to enhance the drops...

edit: hupb-hunter is another bot...I just pked his little ***.

True, but if they start getting no drops then the mf run is wasted no matter how many people join the game. Also, considering the shear number of bots we have seen, I would think the volume of runs would make up for any lost advantage of not having more people in the games.

Tried going hunting last night, didnt work out too well. Maybe I found some smarter bots because mine leave when I hostile them. The ones I've seen do trav then go to frigid for eldritch and shenk, so I hostile and wait by frigid wp to pk, but they never show, just leave. So instead I just join bot games, party with them, do shenk/eld before they can, do pindle and nilithak, then go to trav to see if theres any goodies they left behind.

Somewhat embarrassing, but I tried to hostile with my weak nova sorc and tele'd through bloody foothills to meet them at frigid, but the hammers killed me :sad2:

Tried going hunting last night, didnt work out too well. Maybe I found some smarter bots because mine leave when I hostile them. The ones I've seen do trav then go to frigid for eldritch and shenk, so I hostile and wait by frigid wp to pk, but they never show, just leave. So instead I just join bot games, party with them, do shenk/eld before they can, do pindle and nilithak, then go to trav to see if theres any goodies they left behind.

Somewhat embarrassing, but I tried to hostile with my weak nova sorc and tele'd through bloody foothills to meet them at frigid, but the hammers killed me :sad2:
This is what I'm worried about. The best character I have right now is my fishymancer who I'm thinking will be very awful at pvp. I'm guessing he'd just hammer my skellies to death :-(

Then again if I get to Eldrich first and revive his minions I don't even think then can be killed by hammers. Eh maybe I'll try this once of twice this weekend.

This is what I'm worried about. The best character I have right now is my fishymancer who I'm thinking will be very awful at pvp. I'm guessing he'd just hammer my skellies to death :-(

Then again if I get to Eldrich first and revive his minions I don't even think then can be killed by hammers. Eh maybe I'll try this once of twice this weekend.

No need for skellies, Amp + Corpse explosion will do the job :smiley:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High