Worth coming back?

saiazuma

Apr 19, 2007
Worth coming back?

Hey, I'm an old D2 vet, I had played for 3+ years but I stopped playing, lost all my characters, all my super rare gear, etc.

I'm wondering if it's worth coming back to the game? I hear Diablo III might be coming out within the next few seasons, and I will definitely be purchasing that and playing, if it does in fact come out.

I'm just curious about the current status of D2 and Bnet. Is it worth the trouble of making a new character before another Diablo comes out, is it worth the trouble? I hear a lot of talk about hackers, dupers, etc. on US East. Is it the same situation over on US West? Is there an economy, are SOJ's worth anything anymore? Lol.

I miss Diablo and the community that comes with it, (or maybe lackthereof today.)

So, can I get some feedback on whether or not I should be bothered to start a new character(s) before the supposed release of Diablo 3?

Thanks for any kind replies, flamers need not reply.

Lol, thanks Gorny.

Should I wait for the Ladder reset? Or is that just hopeful thinking that there will be a ladder reset?

Meh, no one has really answered my questions. It would be great to know if there is any difference between the duping etc. on East and West?

I need answers!!

No. They are bad on both realms.

Non-Ladder/Ladder

Hardcore/Soft Core

no matter where you go they are bad.

Goodluck on starting up again, and I did in say november, and no one trades for anything. Ecomony is screwed, trades are less than good. Unless you do it here...meaning unless you have dupped HRS Enimga, CTA, BOTD, or a HOTO, Skillers...you will not be able to trade what so ever.

Most people have switced to SP, or tried the Ladder (which in my opinion is worse than Non-Ladder)

So, yeah.

To answer your question. Hacks/Dupes are worse than ever.

However, if you look past that, and just make private games, find a few people from here, or elsewhere that you trust. Then you are good to go, with in my opinion is the most addictive games out there.

Also, Diablo 3 will never come out...However, look for Hellgate:London.

D3 and the ladder reset will happen about seven or eight months apart, I'm guessing. First the ladder will reset to bring people back, and then when their interest is JUST beginning to wane - bam! There's D3!

As for when this will take place, personally I'm guessing just a little bit after the super-intelligent reptiles have risen up and conquered several of the islands in the South Pacific, and World War VI draws to a close. I've also heard some interesting theories that it might happen after President Zebulon R. Bush VII announces "video games bad!" and the cash-gobbling cyborgs in charge of the Blizzard offshoot 'Hypoboreal North-by-Northwest Entertainment' release D3 to garner the patronage of the radioactive sewer-system-dwelling rebel mutant forces. But seriously, DON'T listen to the people who tell you that D3 and a ladder reset for D2 will happen right after the Earth spirals off its axis and is flung into the sun - those people are pessimists. If anything, it will happen immediately before the destruction of the entire planet and everyone on it. I try to look on the bright side.

....That said: C'mon back home to us! Hang around the forums and join us in the b.net chat channel OP DiabloII.Net

There are no shortage of kind, patient, intelligent people around here that will be more than willing to help get you back on your feet. The D2 community needs all the help it can get. :thumbsup:

Blizzard will be announcing a game at BlizzCon this year. Probably another Warcraft game, but if it's not then it will be SC2/D3

My moneys on SC2

D2 is fine these days. Just come in with low expectations, and everything will be fine.

start up on ladder. save pgems, cube runes up to the craftable ones (ral, nef, ort) trade sets of pgems and craft sets (preferably with junk jewels) for high runes. have fun. i made a few start up characters on west and had a fully geared hammerdin in weeks. before that i had a nm javazon and i had a blast with both before i decided to give everything away. play as much or as little as you like, but i suggest ladder since all the cool r/w are ladder only so they're easier to make sometimes than trade for.

Note the following is about east ladder and elaborates on what cdm said
Highrunes go for 15-30 pgems depending on the size of the trade. My last bulk sale was 200 pgems which I sold for 13hr but I probably could have held out for more.
Hel runes usualy go 3:1 for high runes but again it depends on the bulk size.
Crafting runes tend to go 6:1 for high runes but it can get better in bulk.

If you know what you're looking for you can have a fully geared mf charecter within a week on east.

Highrunes go for 15-30 pgems depending on the size of the trade. Hel runes usualy go 3:1 for high runes but again it depends on the bulk size.
Crafting runes tend to go 6:1 for high runes but it can get better in bulk.

:shocked: :shocked: I have to admit, except for the 3:1 Hel:HR part, this has all been news to me. I thought crafting runes were more like 15:1, and pgems were more like 30:1 - 25:1 in bulk.

Yeah, it's probably lower for orts and nefs cause everyone wants ral runes (which doesn't make sense to me, you can get them from that act 5 quest).

I was thinking of starting up again also. I left right around when everyone figured out how to dupe(Thats why I stopped). I was wondering if I should play single player or just try to go private gaming on Bnet, or just not play and wait for hellgate to come out.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High