Charger Weap: ebotd warpike or LW Col. Sword?

DaemonAkuma

Sep 14, 2006
Charger Weap: ebotd warpike or LW Col. Sword?

I'm going to make one of those glass 1-hit kill Chargers that sound so awesome to me. I got a few questions though.

1) Is it still suggested to go all dex? Or has that changed?
2) What weapon would have better damage: ebotd Warpike or LW Colossus Sword?
3) Any other general info I may not know and may be difference since the guide was written.

Thank you!

People have been suggesting the Death runeword a lot lately, run some searches, you should find lots of info on the paladin and the pvp section.

Lol yes I meant colo blade. I make that mistake often.

I'll run another search and see what I find then.

Okay, quick question.

I read that Fantacism would not be worth the investment; but it increases AR. Isnt that the primary concern for Chargers pvp?

EDeath Decapitator would be my weapon of choice if I were ever to make a Crusader. I think there was a thread on it a while back, maybe Search can find it.

grief for one handers
EdeathDecapitator for 2 handers (i have one on mules so pm me if you are interested and on EuSCL)

Hmm, ethereal "Death" Decapitator eh? no I am on East. :p

So now I have three viable choices: Ebotd War Pike, LW Colossus Sword, and "Death" Ethereal Decapitator. Hmm...cana nyone give me hard numbers as to the dmg caused by one, two, all of these?

Ebotd warpike will most likely deal the highest damage. However the range 5 sucks when you are charging, since you have to be more than your weapon range away from you opponent to charge.

Edeath decapitator will not lose much in damage to ebotd warpike and the
range 3 is much better while charging.

Lw has to be made in non ethreal weapon if you dont want it to break, so the damage won't shine.

That's how i've understood the mechanics of charge. Someone can correct the range thingys if I'm wrong. :tongue:

Indeed, range 5 is problematic in enclosed areas so I'd go with Range 3 weapons. Other than high damage, you wd want Crushing Blow. No doubt about it, go with Death on ethereal decapitator. :thumbsup:

i am guessing you are going to pvp right? either way, eDEATH decapitator DEAL THE HIGHEST DAMAGE OF ALL. why? Because of the 0.5% of deadly strike (which doubles the damage) it gives per char level. At level 90 it gives 45% of deadly strike.
Also a perfect eDEATH decapitator is 400% ed which gives an average weapon damage of 697 while a 415% ed ebotd warpike gives 814 average weapon damage. But when you factor in the deadly strike%, eDEATH decapitator owns any ebotd damage wise.

e-Death Decapitator FTW!

ebotd is for pussies who think silly mods like "resistances" belong on a weapon.

Strange, EBotD doesn't have any resistance mods on it.

BTW that's an awesome head chopper you have there.

Also, you want lots of Deadly Strike on a Charger, to ensure those 1-hit kills, Crushing Blow is almost useless in both PvP and PvM on a Charger. CB is more suited to a character with a faster, weaker attack, not a character with a slow, strong attack like Charge. That EDeath, with Highlord's, and Gore Riders, would shoot you up near the 100% DS mark... and that 15k-44k of yours isn't something to be taken lightly...

You do realize that pvm, Death has to be one of the WORST charging weapons in the game right?

25% Chance To Cast Level 18 Glacial Spike On Attack

A frozen target does NOT get knocked back by charge.

You do realize that pvm, Death has to be one of the WORST charging weapons in the game right?

25% Chance To Cast Level 18 Glacial Spike On Attack

A frozen target does NOT get knocked back by charge.
actually, i dont rekon it's all bad for pvm.
A: very few monsters can survive more than two hits
B: i like to think of the glacial as "crowd control"

is IS however, phreakishly slow, zealing is "possible", but not recomended.

Strange, EBotD doesn't have any resistance mods on it.
whoops, ur right.

Also, you want lots of Deadly Strike on a Charger, to ensure those 1-hit kills, Crushing Blow is almost useless in both PvP and PvM on a Charger. CB is more suited to a character with a faster, weaker attack, not a character with a slow, strong attack like Charge. That EDeath, with Highlord's, and Gore Riders, would shoot you up near the 100% DS mark... and that 15k-44k of yours isn't something to be taken lightly...
during some ersatz testing, i once delivered ~5k worth of damage to a baba that was packing ~40% DR. 95% deadly strike btw.

its rare someone survives a hit, no-one has lived through a follow-up yet.

:\ but the main idea of a charger is to do the most amount of damage in rapid succession (i believe it hits 5fpa when you charge chain) while repeatly knocking back the opponent. I am aware that *most* monsters will not survive one hit from a charger in 1 player mode. However in 3 players and more? Its going to take you a couple of hits to sink those kills. I used to use a eBOTD Warpike in pvm (you may say 5 range weapons suck, I think they are great when you use them correctly) and it still took me 4-5 hits in chaos sanctuary.

It's the eternal issue with chargers and range... long range weapons might have an edge against for example ww babas as you can hit them without taking hits yourself. However, as mentioned you can't start a charge vs an opponent that is in range already which makes short range weapons more viable as a "failed" charge leads to a normal attack which is usually very slow with most charger weapons.

It's the eternal issue with chargers and range... long range weapons might have an edge against for example ww babas as you can hit them without taking hits yourself. However, as mentioned you can't start a charge vs an opponent that is in range already which makes short range weapons more viable as a "failed" charge leads to a normal attack which is usually very slow with most charger weapons.
I don't see a reason why you shouldn't keep several different ranged items based on the opponents you are fighting, like... vs babas have a 5 range weapon to get the advantage, then switch to 3 range/shield for archers/quick movers.

Hope im not stealing your thread but...

Would a eDeath Zerker/Ettin w/e beat out a GreifZ in the 1 hander battle?

Back on topic i guess...

I think i would have to agree with Hymn about keeping a range 5 in stash or somethin for babas and the eDeath decap for the rest.

-BLoke :smug:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High