1.10 Mangudai Guide: First Draft

AdunaCCDanimoth said:
As I said before, I have no knowledge of Ladder runewords. Test it out on a Barb and get back to me.

Alas, I cannot test as I am not rich on ladder :( It can be tested in single player with a proper editor. But on paper, it appears to the ideal weapon..we need someone in single player forum to check it out, or maybe even the Mod of the forum ;)

I made one of these on hc awhile ago .. he's level 76 or something in hell. I did a different skill placement than you did though. If i ever finish him mine will look like this:

Maxed
bo
shout
iron skin
war cry
10 natural resist
1 warcry
rest into increased speed

I really havent found the need to use grim ward (although it looks kool to use). I chose iron skin in order to allow me more defence since i dont have a shield, and natural resist is nice since i lacked it on hc. If pvp i could definitly see the use for increased speed, if not pvp I really wouldnt invest heavy into it since if I ever got surrounded I would use warcry to stun them.

I think my gear setup was going for what you are doing, trying to get mass cb/ow. I used kuko but I would def. change gear now w/ the new runeword bows etc.

Help with Mangudai

:) I am making my very own Mangudai. So far He is lvl 76 non ladder. He uses Fortitude, 2 shael witchwild, Giant skull with 38%Ed and +15 MIN damage, Goreriders, Dracs, Ravenfrost, Rare dual leech with AR, Verdungos, some resist charms poison charms and a warcry charm, Anny, and a necro helltorch(I know I need to trade for a Barb one but I dont trust anyone)

His skills are as follows (when finished)

Max- Shout, BO, Warcry, and Iron Skin
10 points in Natural resist
6 into faster r/w
plus pre req's

I am using an act 5 merc for something different. His endgame gear will be Gaze, duress and a Grandfather

I have 3 Questions. 1) He has a 1750 AR so far but I seem to hit everything anyway. Should change something to get AR or leave it alone?
2) When I traded for the giant skull it came with those jewels in it. Should I change to 2 15ias jewels or leave it with the damage jewels?
3) Is there anything I should be doing for more damage? Right now I do between 900-1400. Maybe a Windforce???? I hear Brand is good but thats ladder item. I have got some good stuff but am not superrich.

Overall I have to thank you for this build. I am really enjoying it. Especially when I have a 14k defense and I haven't even maxed iron skin yet. Just wanted to see if I could tweak it a little for some more power.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

might want to try a harmony bow

if you get a high roll in a nice base 0 (diamond, ward) or -10 bow (blade, great) it should do nicely

vigor aura helps with maneuvering
triple elemental damage, not penalized for barbs compared to 3/4 for zon multi/strafe
valkyrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with +all skill items this can be boosted further
some other nice stuff

Omikron8 said:
might want to try a harmony bow

if you get a high roll in a nice base 0 (diamond, ward) or -10 bow (blade, great) it should do nicely

vigor aura helps with maneuvering
triple elemental damage, not penalized for barbs compared to 3/4 for zon multi/strafe
valkyrie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with +all skill items this can be boosted further
some other nice stuff

Thanks for the info ill check it out :thumbsup:

Must not...blow...expensive things...on...upgraded witchwild...

Grah! The temptation is too great; I'll have to try this.

Glad to see this guide is still alive..
Back then when I played with aduna.. people would always wonder why a barb has a bow.. after a couple of duels they start to understand.. I will be building this in Ladder.. Hopefully I can supply enough equipment to my own mangudai like how I supplied this one!!

FliP[wX]
FliP371

this seems like quite the interesting build..has anyone tested the new ladder bows yet? i would really like to see brand in action

this seems like quite the interesting build..has anyone tested the new ladder bows yet? i would really like to see brand in action

I'm in the process of making my Mangudai right now. I have an upped WWS, Widowmaker, and Brand. I'll let you know how Brand worked out sometime later today. I should be leveled enough by this afternoon to use it. I made mine in a Hydra bow.

sweetness and other such words indicating the awesomness of this.
Ive often thought about playing a bow using barb. It is rather nice having character that unique and that people think is useless.
I might actually make one...if I ever get another WWS:cry:

i made a mangudai last night and throughout today ive been trying different bow combinations. I've used fortitude, Guillumes, Cats Eye, Dual ravens, gores, laying of hands and nosferatus.
faith had the nicest speed (obviously) but i didnt like its inability to take PI's.
BotD hadbetter damage but slower. Then it dawned on me that i should just give an act1 merc faith so i get peed bonus. Then...i started missing my holy freeze aura from my act2 merc, so i tried an ice bow (my friend had lots of bows stockpiled from his various rangers/zons) In short... i loved it. It had lower damage than the others i tried (much lower at 140%-210%ed compared to botd's 350%-400%) but it had crowd control. with faiths ias, and the holy freeze, although i ended up being slower than me with botd and her faith, enemies were so slow it was good.
However, although it was quite fun having frost nova cast every 2 seconds, the damage just ends up being too low (i was sad when i realised this, cos i like the idea of ice) so breath of the dying was best with faith on merc for best damage output, and i still keep my ice on switch for PI's. (duration for bo and shout so long i can leave them in inv. most times)

I still would love to make a pvp mangudai, but the sc's needed are just too expensive. Maybe some1 else can make it but i thought i share it with you.

Equip:

Widowmaker
Bramble / enigma depending on the duel
Trang gloves
Arachnid
fcr / stat ring
Ravenfrost
Highlords or cats eye
Ias helm
Gore riders

Switch:
2x Deaths web for -100% pois res

Charms: Torch , anni, 37x 451 poison sc's

You will have around 16.5k poison damage, up to +75% poison damage and up to -110% poison res.

Let a guided arrow hit, switch to your dual death webs and tele or run around till the person gets drained.

Funny story , I was leveling my barb and he still had Rogues bow in use (just had it on switch since I was also in chant games) and I was running in tombs. Their happened to be a zon using a big ol 2hander sword and a pubby commented " That now they've seen it all it, we must have clicked the wrong class and to switch weps up.

Anytime one uses a non cookie cutter build, be in store for a variety of comments from "cool" to "Noob" .

with a Faith merc and the scaling damage, Freeze target etc, Have you considered a Buriza?

Have you considered a Blood crafted belt for this build? It's a crapshoot like the gloves, but 5-10% Open Wounds seems right up this guy's alley. (It also chips in 1-3%LL, which is pretty negligible.)

I still would love to make a pvp mangudai, but the sc's needed are just too expensive. Maybe some1 else can make it but i thought i share it with you.

Equip:

Widowmaker
Bramble / enigma depending on the duel
Trang gloves
Arachnid
fcr / stat ring
Ravenfrost
Highlords or cats eye
Ias helm
Gore riders

Switch:
2x Deaths web for -100% pois res

Charms: Torch , anni, 37x 451 poison sc's

You will have around 16.5k poison damage, up to +75% poison damage and up to -110% poison res.

Let a guided arrow hit, switch to your dual death webs and tele or run around till the person gets drained.

The high poison idea seems good but the death web idea doesn't work unfortunately... its not an aura.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High