What's the concensus for imbuing in SPF?

SteveSeagal

Oct 20, 2006
What's the concensus for imbuing in SPF?

Just wondering what you guys think of ctrl+alt+delete when you imbue an item and it's not what you want. I read somewhere that it works because it doesn't save the game.

On a somewhat related note, check out the circlet I just imbued!

Havoc Crest
Circlet
Defense: 30
Durability: 19 of 35
Required Level: 29
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x3c935b36
+82 to Mana
+7 to Maximum Damage
Damage Reduced by 4
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

I'm an assasin too! I've recently gotten that Blade Fury skill and I'm loving it, so the +82 mana is freaking awesome, since I only had 99 mana before.

Is it normal to get such a uselful item when imbuing?

Im Clvl 41 if anyone was wondering.

Just wondering what you guys think of ctrl+alt+delete when you imbue an item and it's not what you want. I read somewhere that it works because it doesn't save the game.

What is there to think? That's no different from making item with editor IMO. Cheat, exploit, call it how ever you want. Not OK. Oh, and usual disclaimer: if it makes you happy do whatever you like, if you plan to trade/MP that's not acceptable.

On a somewhat related note, check out the circlet I just imbued!

Havoc Crest
Circlet
Defense: 30
Durability: 19 of 35
Required Level: 29
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x3c935b36
+82 to Mana
+7 to Maximum Damage
Damage Reduced by 4
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
Poison Length Reduced by 50%

How many tries until you got it :tongue:

Useful circlet for low level char, but it's nothing special really.

Your question is totally different then the one you posed in your thread title.

If you mean you're going to abuse the game by leaving it without saving giving you a free roll on imbue which you normally would never have, thus letting you cheat a free rare item which could be really good? Then we're against it. Of course.

Sigh.

I wouldn't quit out. Once it's done, it's done. Personally, I don't bother imbuing anything until the characters is over 80 and then only diadems/tiaras/circlets. Got a couple of half decent ones. My Vanilla sorceress lucked out; she found a plain tiara in a Baal run, zipped back to Charsi and got +2 skills, 32life, 16 dex and 2mdr . I was pleased because my Vanilla stashes are quite thin yet.

I have to agree with sint and nex, alting out to avoid saving is very close editing the item. It would only take time till you get what you want instead of instant gratification.

Nice imbue on that circlet by the way. And on your assassin, double nice.

That's cheating in my book. Period.

The only situation where you would crash the game is when you accidentally click on the wrong difficulty. i can understand this, although I would never do it myself. I rather spend an hour to get a new map, slapping myself with a wet trout for stupidity than to kill the game exe and get my map back.

On the other hand, if you don't trade or mp here, you are fee to do whatever pleases you on your own computer. No problems with that. :smiley:

Woooah, I was simply asking, I figured it wasn't acceptable since I agree it's pretty much cheating.

I actually got that circlet first try. I read on the imbue guide that my level was around the best to imbue. I'm super happy with the circlet.

I did just kil Baal on normal for the first time ever, and he dropped a bunch of stuff I wouldn't ever use.

How can I tell whether or not an Item is worth saving for trade? I got a Paladin sheild from Baal that looks pretty darn good, super high resistance and stuff. But it's only Clvl 36 so Im not sure what it would be worth trade-wise.

Storm Shell
Heraldic Shield
Defense: 18
Chance to Block: 65%
Durability: 28 of 40
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 36
Item Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xa119c4ca
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+4 to Maximum Damage
All Resistances +47
30% Faster Block Rate
+1 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Level 2 Nova (24/25 Charges)
Socketed (1: 0 used)

Anyone got a quote?

Sorry I struck such a sensitive nerve with the Imbue thing.

Don't take any of the previous comments to heart. People around here are very upfront when it comes to shady/cheating practices -- it's a good thing because it protects us from everyone running around with 100 Zods, and Tyrael's might, etc.. There's no fun in that! :smiley:

There's a Pricecheck thread in the SP Trading Forum for what stuff to hold onto. Check it out! :thumbsup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High