Anya bug?

jakotaco

Jun 19, 2006
Anya bug?

Is the so called Anya bug (losing bonus resists after dying until rejoining game) an actual serverside bug or just an interface bug? LCS isn't all that uncommon so it's not all that unthinkable it would be a case of that this time aswell, has anyone done any testing on this? shouldn't be too hard to confirm that right? :rolleyes:

Is the so called Anya bug (losing bonus resists after dying until rejoining game) an actual serverside bug or just an interface bug? LCS isn't all that uncommon so it's not all that unthinkable it would be a case of that this time aswell, has anyone done any testing on this? shouldn't be too hard to confirm that right? :rolleyes:
Has been tested. When you die in a game, you lose all your anya quest bonuses until you leave the game. It is serverside both on battle.net and on single player/open. The LCS shows your resistances with all your anya quests, not without them.

It definitely exists. When I make a baalrun with my zealot and he died, normally from being too reckless with respect to OKs or dolls (which makes my bowazon start a corpse rescuing action via a game running in parallel), the poison and cold from Baal wave 2 as well as the fire breaths from wave 4 hurt far more than they normally do - which means it's noticable while it's normally not really noticable otherwise. As he's L93 and I don't like taking risks and losing further XP, I normally leave the game and rejoin in such a case.

It's not like I'm surprised, have heard this before... more surprising is the fact Blizzard didn't fix this in any of their patches, or do all Blizzard employees always play hc?

But thanks for clearing this out once and for all, since I'm rather new to the thing with LCS (sold my old Grief because of it for example...) It's best to have a doublecheck on all LCS-related business...

Has been tested. When you die in a game, you lose all your anya quest bonuses until you leave the game. It is serverside both on battle.net and on single player/open. The LCS shows your resistances with all your anya quests, not without them.

This man knows things.

The Merc bug exists as well !

if he dies and you buy him back leave and come back or he will lose auras etc

His post title says he's talking about mercs losing their auras. You don't need to leave the game to fix it, simply re-equip their aura giving equipment.

It depends. There are certain instances, though very rare, in which a mercenary won't re-activate his own aura, although fixing an autoaura is as simple as re-outfitting the item. The bug is somewhat similar to the ever-frozen/poison bug, which a merc is always blue/green no matter how many thawing/antidote potions you throw down his gullet. This may be caused by desynchronisity, but it really doesn't affect his health or movement, just appearance.

His post title says he's talking about mercs losing their auras. You don't need to leave the game to fix it, simply re-equip their aura giving equipment.

That will work for gear based auras but he will not trigger his main aura in the game you buy him back in unless you leave and come back.

I never understood that (having to re-equip items on Mercs to re-activate their aura). I played a Singer Barb and needed Insight constantly so I had to do this upon the rare death. Would this happen with items on your character that grant auras (Runewords, Azurewrath, etc.)?

*OneFromBeyond

I never understood that (having to re-equip items on Mercs to re-activate their aura). I played a Singer Barb and needed Insight constantly so I had to do this upon the rare death. Would this happen with items on your character that grant auras (Runewords, Azurewrath, etc.)?

*OneFromBeyond

No. I don't why it happens either, but mercs used to be "immune" from shout/BO/BC if they were resurrected in a game. I guess this is a holdover from that.

That will work for gear based auras but he will not trigger his main aura in the game you buy him back in unless you leave and come back.

I assume you mean when the bug talked about is in effect? I've never had a merc lose his aura after I ressed him. You will have to have him retrigger it of course, the same way he doesn't automatically have it on when you first join a game.

This is simply not true. I res my Merc whenever he dies to IM during Baal runs, and I can't remember the last time his aura wasn't active by the time Lister was dead.

Alright, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. It has happened in the past, probably before 1.11 (and definitely before 1.10), that I would resurrect my mercenary and, after several minutes of combat, he still didn't activate his aura. This isn't a 'you're mistaken' moment - it happened, period. A rejoin was required to get him out of this phase, just like repoisoning or refreezing was required to get him to turn his normal color (rejoins fixed that, too, but it clearly wasn't as serious as lack of aura).

So, if you want to tell me it doesn't happen, or hasn't repeatedly happened, then you're wasting most of your breath. If it's happening still, then you're wasting all of it. Anyone else?

The odds of an act 2 merc activating his aura are low, especially at the higher lvls. Several minutes with no aura is certainly possible.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High