Strange friends

Jul 12, 2003
Strange friends

So I was playing with my new Frost Zealot and this one guy that I was baaling with asks if he can add me so I say sure. Then comes the "Hey, do you have xxx and yyy?" So I toss him a few low runes and asks if I have a viper, so I am like yeah but on my mule.

So he asks if I can help him xfer and I'm like sure, I was gonna watch a show anyway so I'd just stay in the game. I came back and saw about 20 HR's on the ground, 2-3 CTA 2-3 Engima probably alot more was there while I was gone.

I'm like what does he need a viper magi for? o_O

I found myself needing a sigon set to lvl a new char lol, could be for anything.

...i'm just surprised he got that comfortable with ya o.o it used to take me months to trust somebody.. not to mention I've had crap (literally crap) stolen from a few random xfers when I felt it couldn't wait

man how i'm going to miss that .. cathans.. ..se..t..? why the hell do you steal that crap. lol

I was looking at the stuff and I'm like geez, if I was just a real jerk, I could swipe all this stuff. However I would not do that, I'd just feel too bad ;)

I'm surprised because I met him like 2 days ago, but since my friends all stopped playing, I can use some more :) BTW if anyone is interested I have my little frost zealot in act 3 nm he is like lv 47 , so hit me up on *edeescam1 or *mcardle if anyone wants to play!

which realm you on?

..i'm currently disabled from my main realm (consult my many many rants)
b/c i'm in the same boat as you friend-wise.. not to mention, would be nice to have an xferer i know ain't gonna swipe me :laugh:

I'm surprised that he trusted you so easily too. But don't get fooled, remember, just because he trusted you doesn't mean you can trust him. You DID just meet him a couple days ago. Maybe he was just seeing if you would steal his items, then when you feel like you can trust each other, he'll steal all your high level goodies when you ask him to x-fer.

..true.. there are lots of people who would establish a trusting fuzzy feeling just to wait for the right moment

never had an X-Fer experience involving this, but applied to RL.. some people are just scum like that lol :undecided:

i have met only a couple of ppl i can really trust on bnet. both has helped me uber, xfer all my stuff...and i do the same... but i feel alota ppl are just real jerks.... i sold some guy a lidless for like a ral... in the process i had to drop a sigon armour on the ground coz i was full... trade done and he goes and picks up the vipermagi and runs off. lol..not that i care...but srzly ...
but i guess there are few trustworthy people out there. just hard to find ><

I've helped people transfer things before, and I'm amazed at some of the things they'll drop when they think you're trustworthy. Fortunately for the person, I am, and I didn't take anything. I'm one of the people that may find someone muling items in my game, so I pick some of them up, then drop them back in town, or something like that. Just to give them a little shock, and (hopefully) realize the risk of what they're doing.

I have two CD Keys so I always log on my laptop when I need a xfer no matter what. Only time I trusted someone was my RL friend who lives a town over.

ah. then you'll have no problems then :)

99% of the people on this forum are trustworthy if you ever need help.

If i'm xferring with a friend, i still make sure to place my goods in a random spot near a waypoint accessible by both mule and character, a screen or so away from the waypoint. That significantly lessens the chance that your stuff will be ninja'd while you're out switching characters, since the "friend" would have to search if he/she wanted to steal my stuff.

It may seem rude, and seem like you don't trust the other person, but i don't really care... it's MY stuff.

The only people on my f list are all people I've known for years. :azn:
So I don't really have a problem with people stealing from me. If someone's new to my f list though, I keep my eyes open.

Evrae Altana said:
So I don't really have a problem with people stealing from me. If someone's new to my f list though, I keep my eyes open.

I'll hold your stuff for you.

*twitch

*runs

i was helping some friend xfer (new friend) and he drops his item, and leaves real quick and comes back. well he leaves again and like 2 ppl join before he comes back. apparently he doesn't know them and wonders how they got in his game =/ just a little warning to always be careful (luckily he didn't have anything good on the ground)

I have noticed that many people make common 3-letter games names based on key position on the keyboard. For example, qws///qas (look at the key position), or asx//azx. So if you use game names and passwords like that, so do a lot of other people.

If I saw you xferring runes to make a Botd, I might steal the el and eld, just to be a jerk.

lmao. true the game name & password weren't too complicated. alot of ppl do that. like 'join my secret game at 1///1'

the remaining 1% might just take your loot and run. then change account names and show up as someone else that isn't quite as morally corrupt :evil:

Gorny said:
I'll hold your stuff for you.

*twitch

*runs
*gives Gorny Vipermagi, Manalds, and some other cheap crap to hold*

*twitch*

*runs off with Gorny's Qbi clone*

Evrae Altana said:
You haven't known me for years. Next time I x-fer for you, I'm gonna steal all your crap.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High