Random Tournament 2022!

Well, glad I have increased speed and stamina because it runs out quick wearing scale armor and chain boots!!!
Looking forward to a 2 os armor for stealth.

The double swinging scimitar wielding barb has killed the bear guarding the honey scroll to give to the dead man who has captured the elder.

I may take the scale armor off, I run out of stains in like, 12 seconds.
chug like 10-20 stamina potions. Provides 30seconds a chug of unlimited stamina that stacks. (Same goes for thawing and antidote)

• Love
Reactions: coju
When does this start and end? Last year I read the starting post and I was too confused to join.

This year is different, please roll me one Paladin with a sword.

When I die, do I have to use that same roll if I want to try again?

m4ke

Arjan's (3) Barbarian

Skills (2,6,7,18,22,23,25,28,30)

Warcries: Find Potion, Battle Cry, Battle Orders
Combat Masteries: Iron Skin
Combat Skills: Leap, Double Swing, Double Throw, Frenzy, Berserk

Sword (11) Giant Sword
Weapons (4:1,7:5,12:4) Scepter, Pike, Heavy Crossbow
Armor (1,3,5) Quilted Armor, Hard Leather Armor, Ring Mail
Helm (1,5) Cap, Mask
Shield (2,6) Small Shield, Tower Shield
Gloves (2,5) Heavy Glove, Gauntlets
Belt (4,5) Heavy Leather Belt, Plated Belt
Boots (1,4) Boots, Light Plated Boots
Class Specific (4,5) Assault Helm, Avenger Guard)

No good masteries, but solid with the rest.
Thank god for those scepters otherwise I didn’t have a onehanded weapon to use double swing or frenzy… that would suck because that kinda felt like the way to go with this roll

The barb is on the way. Decided to build him in LoD1.14 because of more play time options also made him SC so I can reroll him if and when he dies and still use him

When does this start and end? Last year I read the starting post and I was too confused to join.

m4ke

m4ke
Either or when you die. I think it is encouraged to reuse what you are originally rolled, but the option to do otherwise is there.

Paladin with a sword: (forthcoming… give me an hour, but there are you skill rolls)
@m4ke here you go. LMK what 5th weapon you want.

Skills
2 Resist Fire
3 Defiance
7 Vigor
14 Blessed Aim
15 Concentration
19 Fanaticism
20 Conviction
25 Charge
27 Blessed Hammer

No, @m4ke, @Jcakes, @Vang, if you die with this build you do it again, or pass it to the one who rolled it for you when they die!

Weapons
Long Sword-7
Scepter-1
Pike-5
Glaive-4
(whichever class you choose here)

Armor
Helm
Helm-3
Great Helm-5

Armor
Hard Leather Armor-3
Ring Mail-5
Breast Plate-7

Shields
Large Shield-3
Kite Shield-4

Gloves #1-5
Chain Gloves-3
Gauntlets-5

Boots
Heavy Boots-2
Chain Boots-3

Belt
Belt-3
Plated belt-5

Paladin Shields
Aerin Shield-4
Crown Shield-5

Last edited:
Either or when you die. I think it is encouraged to reuse what you are originally rolled, but the option to do otherwise is there.

Paladin with a sword: (forthcoming… give me an hour, but there are you skill rolls)

Nah you don't re-use. Generally when you die you get a new roll. Some people play the old roll, but normally you get a brand new character.

@Vang I notice we start with swords as 1 and crossbows as 12, but there are 13 weapon rolls with throwing weapons being were assassin katars are. If we are numbering them in order, are we calling throwing weapons 0 or 13? (Because, if 1 since they are at the brining of the list I get to use them!!)

m4ke
No, when you die:

10. Replays are allowed, and no maximum tries. You may replay your last roll if you choose too.

Some characters are frankly unbeatable for 98% of us here on the SPF because the rolls are just terrible. That 2% could beat the game because their patience is an unmeasurable statistic.

@Arjan @coju @AntiRush @Oblivious @Jcakes @Miron @Irenicus @m4ke

We are making a small adjustment to weapons. The tournament is giving 5 weapons total, with the 2 chosen weapon types (different than first) I know knowing your roll may give you a slight advantage this early stage, but its all good. I would suggest for one of you that a throwing weapon or javelin might be in order ;)

For mine, just roll it up random someone please.

• Love
No, when you die:

10. Replays are allowed, and no maximum tries. You may replay your last roll if you choose too.

Some characters are frankly unbeatable for 98% of us here on the SPF because the rolls are just terrible. That 2% could beat the game because their patience is an unmeasurable statistic.

We are making a small adjustment to weapons. The tournament is giving 5 weapons total, with the 2 chosen weapon types (different than first) I know knowing your roll may give you a slight advantage this early stage, but its all good. I would suggest for one of you that a throwing weapon or javelin might be in order ;)

could someone roll me a 2nd kind of swords please (hoping it to be one-handed this time)?

Last edited:
No, when you die:

Composite Bow

I'll take a random mace please.

Reactions: Vang
@Vang I notice we start with swords as 1 and crossbows as 12, but there are 13 weapon rolls with throwing weapons being were assassin katars are. If we are numbering them in order, are we calling throwing weapons 0 or 13? (Because, if 1 since they are at the brining of the list I get to use them!!)
I removed it just now from the Assassin weapon box and placed it in the actual 13 position now after xbows, so no more confusion.

@Jcakes 6, Warhammer
@Arjan, would be throwing as your option, lucky fate shined and you got 4, Balanced Axe
@coju, Not as lucky as Arjan, 1: Throwing Knife.

• Love
I would love to take part in this tourny! But it's too early yet for me to wrap my head around how to roll a character... o_O A little help would be much appreciated!

If I can choose my class: I don't see any Sorcs rolled yet, so that would be my choice. And I would like to be able to equip staves; I get a choice of weapon, right?

I would love to take part in this tourny! But it's too early yet for me to wrap my head around how to roll a character... o_O A little help would be much appreciated!

If I can choose my class: I don't see any Sorcs rolled yet, so that would be my choice. And I would like to be able to equip staves; I get a choice of weapon, right?
Yep, staves and you get one more choice, though swords is the default. Your weapons would be then those +2 orbs and +3 random other weapons (could be more staves, swords, or orbs, but most likely none of those as it is a 1-14 roll to get your other weapons types).

Yep, staves and you get one more choice, though swords is the default. Your weapons would be then those +2 orbs and +3 random other weapons (could be more staves, swords, or orbs, but most likely none of those as it is a 1-14 roll to get your other weapons types).
OK, for the second choice I'll stick with the default of swords then (y)

Hey everyone, finally getting a chance to get back into some D2R after being away for a while. I've played in a number of tournaments over the years, but I've never tried my hand at a totally random one so this should be an adventure! Looking to best my performance from the March of the Doomed tourney, where I deeded in NM Act 3.

If someone would be so kind as to roll me up a char I'd appreciate it! We're putting our fate in the hands of the RNG, so random char, random weapons, random the whole enchilada.

Hello, this tournament looks fun !
I'd like to try it out, so if someone can roll me a char that would be great
As Norcim, let's make it full random :)

I'll take a mace.

m4ke

Edit: When this tournament launches? I haven't seen any dates or timelines anywhere.
Active now. No end date currently. No table yet, as I am bad with formatting for the new forums.

@little birdy
Sword Sorc coming up
@little birdy

Believe this was done right.

8 Chilling Armor
24 Blaze
16 Chain Lightning
3 Frozen Nova
9 Frozen Orb
4 Ice Blast
15 Lightning
30 Hydra