Makaveli's DvC Fury Werewolf Guide

xpumafangx said:
Sorry wolf nuts,

Those butt monkeys deleated the tread. I have the info saved. If I send it too you. All I want is the credit for it.
ofcourse you get the credit :wink3:

There is something giantly wrong with this build and it's the lack of rabies and the use of HoW. This is my opinion and not law though and here's why I think it's a flaw.

Most casters don't have good res. Even with my pure fury druid, my rabis did 3k damage. And the fact that you actually hit them with your high-powered weapon is another chunk off their life. They will probably be running/tping away alot meaning alot of chasing. Why not have them slowly dying while they waste time?

Another thing to use is poison creeper. The dude kills people with low life. Yes kills!! Not just poisoning them. 1 hp casters who try to escape to Akara will be in for a shock when they tp onto the poison mat.

Forget HoW and max poison creeper instead. It boosts your 1 pt in rabies to decent levels making a useful extreme circumstances attack. This is how I beat the bowazons that run for 5 screens and have knockback.

The rabies bite also takes less time than fury as it's only 1 hit as opposed to 5 hits from fury making you more vulnerable.

I totally agree with the tombreaver though. Keep the eth botd for pvm.
You gain resists aswell with the tomb and that is always useful versus casters.

Why use fortitude when you can use CoH?
9k damage x 5 is just as bad as 14k x 5 as far as a caster is concerned. They will always have inferior life, even the godly ones.

If you're going up against casters, why are you using highlords?
Maras is a much better amulet in this situation.

Casters aren't reknowned for their defense so having deadly strike isn't neccessary. R/W isn't as important as you think. Simply don't chase them and they will soon figure out that you're not prepared to chase them through 3 screens and that's when you feral rage them and then catch them.

And fury can hit ww, where did you hear it can't?

Why is there a shael in your jalals in your caster setup? This is another thing that makes no sense. Um that bad boy!!!

Hit recovery does infact work when getting hit by a spell. But ya when dealing with elemental damages, um is better.

The combo of the 2 is better, then eather one alone.

I know fhr helps against spells but what would you rather have, the ability to recover quicker or the ability to shrug off the damage in the first place?

Totaly would rather beable to ingore damage over the other. But if you can work bolth then work bolth.

Ok im new to pvp and druids but I found a 20/19 druid torch n decided to try one out since its one of those items thats great to use but horrible to try and trade ;-) . From what I have read fury/rabies is a more versatile build correct? If i was going to go that way should i get SS gcs with life mod and maybe some frw and all res scs or a different charm setup? Ive never even seen or heard of a max/ar/frw sc is that something in 1.09(i only began playing a few months ago) or have i just somehow never seen one? As for skills I was thinking

20 lycanthropy
20 werewolf
20 oak sage
20 rabies
20 fury
1 prereqs
rest into poison creeper

does that sound about right?

Antikythera said:
Ok im new to pvp and druids but I found a 20/19 druid torch n decided to try one out since its one of those items thats great to use but horrible to try and trade ;-) . From what I have read fury/rabies is a more versatile build correct? If i was going to go that way should i get SS gcs with life mod and maybe some frw and all res scs or a different charm setup? Ive never even seen or heard of a max/ar/frw sc is that something in 1.09(i only began playing a few months ago) or have i just somehow never seen one? As for skills I was thinking

20 lycanthropy
20 werewolf
20 oak sage
20 rabies
20 fury
1 prereqs
rest into poison creeper

does that sound about right?
nope, max poison creeper and rest in werewolf (1 point in the beginning) read my guide:sunny:

remsy said:
There is something giantly wrong with this build and it's the lack of rabies and the use of HoW. This is my opinion and not law though and here's why I think it's a flaw.

Most casters don't have good res. Even with my pure fury druid, my rabis did 3k damage. And the fact that you actually hit them with your high-powered weapon is another chunk off their life. They will probably be running/tping away alot meaning alot of chasing. Why not have them slowly dying while they waste time?

Another thing to use is poison creeper. The dude kills people with low life. Yes kills!! Not just poisoning them. 1 hp casters who try to escape to Akara will be in for a shock when they tp onto the poison mat.

Forget HoW and max poison creeper instead. It boosts your 1 pt in rabies to decent levels making a useful extreme circumstances attack. This is how I beat the bowazons that run for 5 screens and have knockback.

The rabies bite also takes less time than fury as it's only 1 hit as opposed to 5 hits from fury making you more vulnerable.

I totally agree with the tombreaver though. Keep the eth botd for pvm.
You gain resists aswell with the tomb and that is always useful versus casters.

Why use fortitude when you can use CoH?
9k damage x 5 is just as bad as 14k x 5 as far as a caster is concerned. They will always have inferior life, even the godly ones.

If you're going up against casters, why are you using highlords?
Maras is a much better amulet in this situation.

Casters aren't reknowned for their defense so having deadly strike isn't neccessary. R/W isn't as important as you think. Simply don't chase them and they will soon figure out that you're not prepared to chase them through 3 screens and that's when you feral rage them and then catch them.

And fury can hit ww, where did you hear it can't?

Why is there a shael in your jalals in your caster setup? This is another thing that makes no sense. Um that bad boy!!!

1) i use oak and how in different situations... for example, i do a lot of team dueling... sometimes i have an ele druid on my team, so i do not need another oak, and HoW definitely helps some... the HoW is optional, but it fits me the best because i team duel a lot.

i really cannot comment on rabies, i have not really tried a fury/rabies variant, but it does sound like it would be pretty effective against ele druids because you could spread it from his summon to him...

2) good casters do have res... all of them...

3) fort is really worth using... i have max res with it in hell and the damage really helps... especially against hammerdins (they often have 40+ dr, max block, 4500+ life with their own bo)

4) when you say you will feral rage them, do you mean by namelocking and running toward them? because no halfway decent caster will be hit in that way, they have tele! good casters will not come to you because they can out-range you, so you need to have high r/w to catch them off guard

5) i like highlords because it gives light res and i have max res without maras... the 30 frw on 08 highlords gives more r/w which is extremely useful... deadly strike never hurts, especially for hammerdins

also for the 08 highlords... it is not required... you could use cat's eye or 09 highlords... then its 30frw/25 dex vs +1/deadly/35lr... i consider 09 highlords the best option for deadly... cat's eye might be a good idea against sorcs if you have max res with it because damage is not a huge priority for them

08 highlords is the best possible choice, so i included it in the guide with other options, what possible reason is there to not put it in?

6) how could you say shael'd jalals is pointless? it gives the next fhr bp, which is of course useful for anything that stuns me.... especially trappers... and i have max res, so it is better than the um for me... but you could um it and some fhr charms if you need the res

i do recommend everyone has max res and at least 42 fhr

i would like to end the discussion of prebuffing here... he is right, it will help, and you can boost your stats... if you've got room for the items and you want to prebuff, by all means, do it... just know that the stats you can get there should not be compared to the stats i list because they are all prebuffed

i may try out a rabies/fury build to see how it compares because ele druids are a pretty big problem for my build

xpumafangx said:
Again some one didnt get my point here. I dont hate the guild. The stragies where fine. The items are not. I am telling the poster to rewrite the items section.

the items work great for me and all the druids i know who have used my build... i am not going to rewrite it because i am believe it is the better setup

I am telling you point blank its not the better build. I am telling you that you have missed out on a few ideals. And intill you change those ideals over. You will basicly get shafted from better guilds and builds. That have used cheaper items and better ideals. As in StouteWolf, and Rangs guild on these forums.

Not only that but thats how things work in these forum rooms when you submit a guild. The vets look it over and say ok sticky this. If they dont like it they wont ask for it to be stickyed. I have gone thro it my self. I have writen alot of guilds that I have felt that where the better of the builds then what others have writen. Did they get stickyed no. And I will not make a exception for some one else. Not intill they deside to work with the vet posters. When a poster of a guild does then I am willing to help out.

But since you have desided to not work with us. Why should we even try to help you out. Ya theres pol-a-tics in volved.

PS stop being so thick headed, just because your rich doesnt mean your good.

Stop saying guilds. You should either be saying "guides" or "builds."

Please do not insult me saying I am not good, I have not tried to say this to you or anyone else. I would hope we could keep the discussion above petty insults based on merely speculative grounds as we do not know each other. In any case, my melee druid is the only widely known one on east for dueling non-melee's. It is named GoodFun on USEast. Try d2jsp or wherever, it is known. I do not want to brag, but please do not insult me.

I have tried the other item setups you suggested and I found them not to be as successful as the ones i have posted. I am not writing a guide that says setup A is better when I think setup B is better.

I did not dismiss any idea i have not tried myself. I have been testing other ideas people have posted. I borrowed a eth botd gp from a friend and tried it out against smiters/barbs/druids/casters and did not find it as good as the Tomb Reaver. I made a prototype rabies/fury druid on single player and decided it is worth trying, so I just now got a druid rushed to try the build so I can see how it works in duels.

I do not really care about the politics involved or if I get stickied (I mean half of the stickied guides are outdated). I am just trying to write the best guide I can. This cannot be done by me adding things to the guide I do not believe.

I have agreed with with some posts (using CoA for dr), I disagreed with some (losing fhr, using botd great poleaxe), and I am in the process of trying others (the fury/rabies build, higher life, lower rw).

As for your suggestions, I did say to get max res. The idea to Um Jalal's is not a good idea in my opinion. The reasoning: it takes 3 charms to get 15 all res (like you get from um) while it takes 4 charms to get 20 fhr (like you get from shael). I would rather lose 9 max damage than 20 frw.

something on the side, if this build is for druid vs casters only, then why do you use forti?

enigma has more faster runwalk and it takes 9 scs to get 45 frw and only 6 to get 30 all res (with a perf forti)

if you need resistance that much then use chains of honor, you wont need the damage versus casters neither against hammerdins(they are easy anyway if you know the pattern from the hammers) or even a 15 res/<insert mod> guardian angel, yes thats right: 90 resistance to all elements and it isnt even statted here?

if you do duell all kind of chars, like babrbs/smiters and such then why do you call it a dcv guide? If you do duell all it is kinda stupid not to stat dexterity for max block (barbs/zealers/chargers and much more eat you alive)

for fhr: bloodfist!!!! the bonuses are just to sweet

boots: goreriders anyone?

for resistance: 50 tombreaver/20torch/20anni/30 jalals/35 light from highlords and some scs(or coh/guardian angel) bring you to 75 all

btw, being a known werewolf or rich one still doesn't mean you are good :grin:

I do not like Guardian Angel because it is a heavy armor, removing more run/walk. Tgods + Hotspurs + Fortitude gives 90 light and fire res, however, the ability to get 90 max res AND dr you can also get with Verdungo / Guardian does sound nice. I like to keep my run/walk at approximately 200.

I use Fortitude for the damage. I do not always use it, but I definitely use it against Hammerdins because it takes a lot of damage to kill them. In addition, I sometimes come across Sorcs with max block, energy shield, and bugged mana charms, so the damage helps there. The damage is also very nice against max block Trappers/Ele Druids. Against other chars, Enigma would be fine, but I do not think CoH is worth using as long as you can get max res with Fortitude. All runeword armors should be in LIGHT armors to avoid any unnecessary run/walk loss.

I agree that Bloodfist would be the way to go if you want the 86 fhr bp, but if you just go for the 42 bp, shael Jalal's will suffice. I just never feel the need to go up to the 86 bp. I prefer Dracul's for 25% open wounds and +15 strength.

I really do not want to talk about my skill level because I do not want to feel as if I am bragging, but the point I was trying to make is that I am known for being effective against good casters.

Insults get us no where. I am sure you are all good Druids as well because you are very knowledgable about them. I read your guide and thought it looked pretty strong, stoutewolf. I am in the process of building a Fury/Rabies Druid right now because I think it is such a good idea. It will be somewhat different than your guide, but I love the idea. I am hoping it will solve some of my problems against Ele Druids.

The build is mainly for casters and most effective against them, but I am usually team dueling, so other characters show up. I do have a max block equipment listed in the guide, which I often use on switch in team duels since my teammates can give me BO.

Gore riders are in the guide. 08 ones would be better, but 09 ones work as well.

I agree about the res. 50 weapon + 30 helm + 20 annihilus + 20 torch + 30 fortitude + 30 anyas + 45 fire boots + 35 lightning amulet = 125 fr, 80 cold, 115 lr, 80 poison in hell (before you die). That's 35 fire stack above 90 (35 is about the most -res any fire sorc would have), 25 lightning stack above 85 (a little more would be nice here because light sorcs sometimes use Griffons, which is -25 alone). If you would like to get enough res to have max without Anya quests, I would add 5 all res small charms, preferably with life of faster run/walk. If Hotspurs are not being used, multiple res + run/walk rare boots can make your res fine.

I am not too worried about cold res because I do not believe it is worth it to try to stack it. I did try a stack equip once with thul'd Kira's Guardian + 4x thul armor + 4x cold res boots + Mara's, but it really was not worth using in my opinion.

In my opinion, this is the best way to make up the res. If you use 5 all res small charms, you only lose 3 maximum damage per charm. I think this is better than losing the 300% ed / +5 max light resist in Fortitude.

Ok if you don’t want me to use petty insults. Then please do not insult my playing style. I am not aggressive I am reactive. Also my playing style isn’t mine. Its the main style of a lot of the posters here. If it did not work for you then it is because of 3 reasons.

1. Because you got knocked back into a wall, pit, or something else.

2. You don’t have a high enough life.

3. Your timing is way off.

There could be other reasons but they should fall under a kind-a-storta under those.

We also value high life charms and let our items make up for the other parts like 37 fine sc of vita, anni, and torch.
Or for say 9 shape GC of vita, anni, torch, and 10 fine sc of vita. We do feel that sharps GC of vita would be better for damage. But again we value life over damage when it comes to charms. I too have used 37 run walk 1.09 small charms. For a werewolf fury build I was a lot more effective with the lifers. The one thing I will give you that is a common thing I have found with werewolf builds is this. Also, yes it is a broad statement. The werewolf is the second best build in the game. Only because in its sub builds you can build a werewolf to do as well or next to as good as any other build. This is where this build falls under. Yes it is great for killing casters. But no it is not great for killing melee builds. There are other werewolf builds meant to do that. If you cannot find a way to make this build work for those kinds of melee builds. Where other builds have shown that they are just as good as this one at what it does. And they also excel at other areas. When you discover this for your self, please fall into suit with us. I believe you are all ready started doing that when you have tried using stoutewolfs and Rangs build. Just remember that, "All guides are guide lines to a build you make." And also this saying works here too "There is more then one way to skin a cat."

PS Hope that helps you come to a point where you can start to understand me a little.

The run/walk is invaluable for DvC, yet completely useless for melee/smite/etc builds... You are right that the build is not effective against these builds

However, a high run/walk build is absolutely essential to have much chance against casters who become accustomed to your style. Melee druids can almost always beat casters on their first matchup because the caster does not understand how powerful you are, but when they begin to realize this, they play more carefully and defensively, which makes it nearly impossible for you to hit them without the use of high run/walk.

So yes, I totally agree that my build is not good for melee/smite/etc builds, BUT the other builds are not as effective as mine against casters. You can make some trade-offs to make yourself better against melee type builds, but you lose some power over casters (unless you can carry 2 sets of charms along with the extra gear needed, which you could do with multiple mules I suppose, but this just is not practical for dueling in GM team dueling channels). Yes, my build is on the far end of the spectrum, leaning almost totally toward the vs. caster end.

I got my new Fury/Rabies Druid leveled up to 84 so I can use all the gear, but I still need to make some trades and optimize the equipment. My first impression of the Rabies damage (currently 34k) is that it could use a little work because it does not do a great deal of damage to max poison res characters, perhaps some additional +skills would be nice... It looks like I will be able to get 125 frw with 10x sc's + boots + enigma... maybe I could use a different amulet & a 30 frw circlet

Hrmm.... why go with a ton of run/walk when you can just go with an insane amount of resists? If you really want to be a caster killer just be absurdley gay with your resist stacking. Try getting like 30 5 frw/ 5 resist all charms. Then put on Gaurdian Angel tgod and any other absorb item that you fantsy and laugh at any elemental user you duel. The point of me saying this is elemental chars are already at a disadvantage even ice sorcs, so why care all that much about them. I would rather be more viable vs other chars since usaeast is more paladins/barbs then sorcs. Well good luck... oh and getting into arguments with the older players isnt a smart way to get popular. :rolleyes:

Oh, and pure rabies are not as good as the hybrids (rabies is more of another attack you can throw at people to keep them off gaurd). Stoutewolfs combo was litteraly one of my most successful pvp builds next to a pure fury. Its 2 major drawbacks are item space and ar issues.

btw for your build goodfun

harmony bow on switch after cta is used: mpore frw-->chance to desynch

use 1.11 gores they work better cause of the open wounds which works great on es casters and ofc the cb is nice, this isnt as good as the 10 max damage from 1.08 ones(tried this already)

btw for max poison res players please read the rabies trick part in my guide.
with this trick you can get -75 resist and +25 poison damage very easily which damages the casters for sure and doesnt affect your infecting speed. If you use this it will hurt the other player believe me. But as huggie already said: my build has a storage problem.

Not really worried about e-popularity... :D I'm not a new player by any means, I just don't post here often, but I'm not going to just say I agree if I don't.

I may consider trying a harmony on switch for team duels. It does sound great in theory, but sometimes you get sudden chances to attack (like someone making a mistake teleing), making it difficult to switch fast enough.

Huggie: I truly think the run/walk is very necessary, but res/run charms may be a VERY good idea. It is easily possible to get absorb and/or +max res with the high run/walk, but stack is difficult. If you use Fortitude + Tgods + Hotspurs, thats 90 fr + 90 lr and add light and cold stack in run/walk charms, the build could be a bit better vs more casters at once.

As with Stoute's biuld, I really have trouble carrying everything I would like to have. If I could carry multiple sets of charms, the build could be much better all-around. I would love to carry Shapeshift & life/ar/max charms for more physical builds as they are much better in that situation, but it just is not quite practical, especially for the way I play. I generally play into a private game and we pick 4v4 teams in-game, so I cannot really xfer for every matchup. Further, it is hard to decide which gear to use against which teams, because you may be against an ele druid + fire sorc + blizzer + trapper... hard to stack cr while getting fire/light sorb & dr

DoC-Makaveli said:
Not really worried about e-popularity... :D I'm not a new player by any means, I just don't post here often, but I'm not going to just say I agree if I don't.

I may consider trying a harmony on switch for team duels. It does sound great in theory, but sometimes you get sudden chances to attack (like someone making a mistake teleing), making it difficult to switch fast enough.

Huggie: I truly think the run/walk is very necessary, but res/run charms may be a VERY good idea. It is easily possible to get absorb and/or +max res with the high run/walk, but stack is difficult. If you use Fortitude + Tgods + Hotspurs, thats 90 fr + 90 lr and add light and cold stack in run/walk charms, the build could be a bit better vs more casters at once.

As with Stoute's biuld, I really have trouble carrying everything I would like to have. If I could carry multiple sets of charms, the build could be much better all-around. I would love to carry Shapeshift & life/ar/max charms for more physical builds as they are much better in that situation, but it just is not quite practical, especially for the way I play. I generally play into a private game and we pick 4v4 teams in-game, so I cannot really xfer for every matchup. Further, it is hard to decide which gear to use against which teams, because you may be against an ele druid + fire sorc + blizzer + trapper... hard to stack cr while getting fire/light sorb & dr
i think it is better to use just shapers+life, because this adds the damage for rabies. I am not much of a TvT dueller. But i should sorb only fire and use dr, blizzards first hit isn't sorbable and this is the only hit you will get (cause u run to fast for more hits) and forti does have the light resist you need. as for the fire sorb, you are richright? try to get 1.08 infernostrides just as i, works very very well and you won't lose frw.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High