Random Tournament 2024!

@Vang - Wow! Great progress! The screenshot of your character has me curious. When you say 'Leather Boots' are our allowed type of boots, are you referring to 'Boots' or 'Heavy Boots'?

That’s a good question. I had interpreted it as the just basic Boots. If Heavy Boots are fair game too then that’s great.

Thats what i did aswell. Thank you for your help @little birdy. I think ill let Urs rest. But perhaps somebody is willing to roll a new random Character for me?

Last edited:
Reactions: little birdy
Thats what i did aswell. Thank you for your help @little birdy. I think ill let Urs rest. But perhaps somebody is willing to roll a new random Character for me?
You got (6) Paladin. I'll update this post in a second after I finish rolling the skills and items.

Skills:
(9) Defensive Auras, (11) Might, (16) Holy Freeze, (27) Vengeance, (30) Fist of the Heavens

Gear:
(15) Ancient Armor, (7) Crown, (7) Bone Shield, (3) Heraldic Shield
(2) Grand Scepter, (4) Falchion

You can also use
Helm, Ring Mail, Scale Mail, Field Plate, Kite Shield
Gloves all options are available for all players
Belt slot is: Light Belt
Boot slot is: Leather Boots—includes Boots and Heavy Boots
Weapons all players may use are: Long Battle Bow, Double Axe, War Staff, Throwing Spear
White/Socketed items (can not make runewords though)

Good luck @Sven F ! You should be able to make a rather tanky character with full access to Defensive Auras. That can't be a bad thing for HC. You could fully synergize Holy Freeze or Vengeance as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sven F
I rolled a (2) for Heavy Boots.
@Vang - Wow! Great progress! The screenshot of your character has me curious. When you say 'Leather Boots' are our allowed type of boots, are you referring to 'Boots' or 'Heavy Boots'?
It was the Heavy Boots. I messed up on that one. The only fix that makes sense is that you may use "Leather Boots" which includes both "boots"and "heavy boots"

I rolled a (2) for Heavy Boots.

It was the Heavy Boots. I messed up on that one. The only fix that makes sense is that you may use "Leather Boots" which includes both "boots"and "heavy boots"
Oops, I thought you meant "Boots"... That's what I was using the whole time... As I understand you, both Boots and Heavy Boots will be allowed? Or should everybody just continue to use the type they thought was meant but not the other?

Reactions: Vang
Oops, I thought you meant "Boots"... That's what I was using the whole time... As I understand you, both Boots and Heavy Boots will be allowed? Or should everybody just continue to use the type they thought was meant but not the other?
Yep, both types are allowed. I adjusted the rules on front page to reflect his change. That is what happens when you step away from parts of your life for a year (and hopefully this part of my life is done in the next few months so I can move on)

I like that ruling 👍 Here’s hoping I find Sander’s Heavy Boots to go with the gloves I got!

Reactions: Vang
Hi! I'd like a random character, please.

(6) Paladin

(2) Defensive Aura Tab, (13) Thorns, (19) Fanaticism, (24) Zeal, (26) Vengeance

(13) Gothic Plate, (1) Cap, (5) Spiked Shield, Targe

(2) Grand Scepter, (8) War Sword

Also may use the following:
    • Helm, Ring Mail, Scale Mail, Field Plate, Kite Shield
    • Gloves all options are available for all players
    • Belt slot is: Light Belt
    • Boot slot is: Leather Boots (Boots and Heavy Boots)
    • Weapons all players may use are: Long Battle Bow, Double Axe, War Staff, Throwing Spear
    • White/Socketed items (can not make runewords though)
    [*]

Not bad rolls, looks like a Vengeance Paladin is in the works for you!

Okay, minor update: I was trying to finish this character tonight, but I got a drive in the morning for work 2 hours, then 5 hour meeting, 2 hours back and then sports with kids for another 4 hours...I need some sleep.

I ran mainly The Pits from 79-84 netting 2 Rune Master Axes (3os and a 4os Eth one) among a few other things:

Screenshot020.png

Screenshot021.png

Screenshot023.png
Screenshot024.png

Decided to move on and made this as it provided more CB and some open wounds as well as high defense that benefits from max Holy Shield.

Screenshot025.png

The white any socketed rule really played well into Smite/Holy Bolting Paladin. The first Sacred Rondache I actually imbued, got trash and rerolled it with 6 perfect skulls, it was still bad (34% resist all and 50% Poison Duration Reduction). I don't think I've used that recipe since the Crafted gear tournament.

I found a better one with 24 Resist all and decided that at 84 it was time to move on, went back to nm to use my socket quest. I have the runes to make the 6 OS Barbarian sword, but I need to find a Col. Blade/Sword for it.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP? D2R? Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
--- ---- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               -----
No  Yes  Vang              RagerX               Pal     84      3        Spider Forest H        30
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     38     22        Frigid Highlands       12
Yes Yes  Vildecor          Steinar              Pal     21     34        Sewers Level 2          3
Yes Yes  Kruemelmonschda   Erdbär               Dru     20     16        Lut Gholein             3
No  No   SirName           RandoCarlissian      Sor     10     14        Stony Field             0
?   ?    skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     ?      10        Forgotten Tower         0
?   No   Miron             ?                    Nec     ?       6        ?                       ?
?   ?    Grisu             ?                    Ama     ?      23        ?                       ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Departed                                                                 Died against/in
No  Yes  Sven F            Urs                  Dru     42     39        Forgotten Tower NM     15

I had forgotten (or blocked from memory) how tedious and slow low level sorcering utwinked is. So was put off playing for a bit :) Now soldiered on. Ran Countess for a bit to gather runes for Stealth. Thought I wasn't going to get to use them before Act 2 but then Charsi provided a 2os Ring mail and here is the first ok item for Rando:

Stealth
Ring Mail
TalEth
Defense: 48
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Level: 17
Required Strength: 36
Fingerprint: 0x61dcee59
Item Level: 12
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+25% Faster Run/Walk
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+25% Faster Hit Recovery
+6 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 15%
+15 Maximum Stamina
Poison Resist +30%
Magic Damage Reduced by 3 2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune

This just makes life so much better. The poison resist will be handy against Andy. I might try transitioning from melee to blasting ice soon.

Code:
SP? D2R? Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Post #    Location               Score
--- ---- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------    --------               -----
No  Yes  Vang              RagerX               Pal     84      3        Spider Forest H        30
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     38     22        Frigid Highlands       12
Yes Yes  Vildecor          Steinar              Pal     21     34        Sewers Level 2          3
Yes Yes  Kruemelmonschda   Erdbär               Dru     20     16        Lut Gholein             3
No  No   SirName           RandoCarlissian      Sor     17     14        Jail Level 1            0
?   ?    skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     ?      10        Forgotten Tower         0
?   No   Miron             ?                    Nec     ?       6        ?                       ?
?   ?    Grisu             ?                    Ama     ?      23        ?                       ?

Departed                                                                 Died against/in
No  Yes  Sven F            Urs                  Dru     42     39        Forgotten Tower NM     15

idunno beat Baal last night (at level 46) and achieve the title of Destroyer 😎

IMG_0280.JPG

This morning I decided to monkey around in Normal Terror Zones for a bit. I though it would be nice to hit level 49 before progressing into NM, as that's the point where I'd max out Phoenix Strike.

I got to level 48, and most of the way to 49, while the Ancient Tunnels were Terrorized. Then the TZ switched to Chaos Sanctuary. I figured one run through there would get me to 49. Turns out I only needed to get about halfway through there to hit 49... but I decided to finish the job anyhow. And I'm glad I did! Diablo was very kind to me.

IMG_0279.JPGIMG_0278.JPG

My first HC SoJ 🤩 Part of me wants to stash it away in case this character doesn't make it... but I think I need to risk it and use it. That is part of the fun of HC.

The Visceratuant unique Defender shield was also a very nice find, as I have decided to go with an Iron Wolf (Fire) mercenary. Khaleel appreciates the shield upgrade.

Code:
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     49     22        Rogue Encampment NM    15
No  No   SirName           RandoCarlissian      Sor     17     14        Jail Level 1            0

A lot going on here!
@Sven F RIP Urs. Any thoughts of another attempt?
@Vildecor Is the name Steiner from anything in particular?
@little birdy Phenominal find! Always great to find an item people use on twinked characters on a tournament character!
@Vang great progress! Good luck on the push to Guardian!

Combat Skills Tree, Howl, Find Item, Mace Mastery, Increased Speed

Spetum, Short Sword

Studded Leather Armor, Skull Cap, Gothic Shield, Fanged Helm

Time for my own update, Slaybraham is about to go to the Far Oasis. He's had pretty good luck with items so far, 2 S/U's he can use (Death's gloves and Arctic belt) and a few he can't use and were sold. He's using the Arctic belt since he has to use a light belt and that's the best he will get for a while. Also a failed unique Short Sword, which has been sold now that he can gamble Spetums. Here was the Andy kill:
Screenshot245.png

We'll see if I can endure the whole playthrough using Leap Attack. It's definitely going to need a good weapon and some luck finding +skill items. Right now, he can jump into the midst of groups of enemies and do great damage, but I suspect in NM and Hell he will be spamming howl and picking off mobs one at a time.

I'm once again loving Find Item. Currently at level 9 for a 42% chance and likely won't put any more points in unless I run out of skills I want to put points in.

Code:
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     49     22        Rogue Encampment NM    15
Yes Yes  skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     23     74        Far Oasis               ?

Well, not much to report in the way of items on my way to Baal. My Act 5 mercenary died in the ancient fight right off the rip and I just separated them enough to down Madawc before separating the other two and dispatching them that way.

Screenshot026.png

Screenshot027.png

Yes, I'll run again (random, no Paladin). I'm also going to request to have @Grisu roll me up this new random sacrificial lamb.

Code:
No  Yes  Vang              RagerX               Pal     85      3        Guardian               45
Yes Yes  skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     23     74        Far Oasis               ?

Forgot Duriel is the worst boss on Normal. :(
Screenshot061.jpg

Code:
No  Yes  Vang              RagerX               Pal     85      3        Guardian               45

No  No   SirName           RandoCarlissian      Sor     21     14        Duriel                  3

I played through Act I NM this morning. The start of NM is really a breeze when you get there at nearly level 50! :ROFLMAO:

I think I got lucky at the Countess. She gave me a Ko. Nice! I have the runes for 'Hustle', which I'd like to eventually make in a Suwayyah. I'll be hunting for a good base later on in NM Terror Zones / early Hell difficulty. I may also consider a 'Hustle' armor instead, but I am married to my Hawkmail armor right now for CBF. I have a 3os Crown in the stash to make 'Hearth' whenever I find an Io rune. If I have CBF on the helm, that gives me flexibility in the armor slot. The dream scenario would be a Raven Frost, of course, but I've already been too lucky with the SoJ.

Code:
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     52     22        Lut Gholein NM         18
Yes Yes  skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     23     74        Far Oasis               3

No  No   SirName           RandoCarlissian      Sor     21     14        Duriel                  3

@Vang: What a run! Huge congrats!

In order not to make you wait any longer, here's your random roll for your next Guardian:

Class: Druid

Skill Tree: Shape Shifting
Skills: Arctic Blast, Volcano, Summon Spirt Wolf, Carrion Vine

Armor:
Crown
Ancient Armor
Spiked Shield
Falcon Mask

Weapons:
Spiked Club
Broad Axe
Poleaxe

I hope I didn't hamstring you too badly with those rolls 😬
well, gottag go fetch the kids from school. Good luck!

Last edited:
@Grisu, I think it is okay rolls, Not any synergy between the other two trees two skills, but should be managable quiet easily through normal and NM. Will have to get me a big hurty weapon and maybe go between Werebear and Werewolf for some Stun and Fury.

Beat Duriel. He even gave me a present.
Screenshot149.png
Screenshot150.png
With more points into Fire Claws the journey is getting smoother. Hired a Blessed Aim Merc.
Head: Plague Cowl (Rare Helm): 10% FHR, +15 AR +1 Energy, +3 Mana, PR +5% (gambled)
Body: Darkglow (Unique Ring Mail) (found)
Hands: Sander's Taboo (found)
Belt: (Rare Light Belt): 10% FHR, 10 Life, 5 Mana, PR +6% (gambled)
Feet: Viper Blazer (Rare Boots): LR +27%, 65% EG, 18% MF (gambled)
Ring #1: +1 Ene, CR + 13%, +7% MF (found)
Ring #2: +15% MF (found)
Amu: The Eye of Etlich (Duriel)
Weapon: Grim Wood (Rare Scythe): +36% EnhDam, +3 MaxDam, +19 AR, +7 PsnDam, 5%LL (gambled)

Code:
No  Yes  little birdy      idunno               Ass     52     22        Lut Gholein NM         18
Yes Yes  Kruemelmonschda   Erdbär               Dru     28     16        Kurast Docks            6
Yes Yes  skoolbus          Slaybraham           Bar     23     74        Far Oasis               3

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High