Youtube, WTF are you doing???

krischan

Aug 17, 2003
Youtube has decided that I have to disable my ad blocker. I will NEVER, EVER do that.

So is this the end of Youtube? Or is it just the end for me?

Reactions: Leopold Stotch
Nope, it's not the end. :)

Firefox browser + uBlock Origin extension (FAQ/Instructions here). You'll occasionally have to update the filters (it just involves a few button clicks) but it otherwise works great.

Youtube has decided that I have to disable my ad blocker. I will NEVER, EVER do that.

So is this the end of Youtube? Or is it just the end for me?
This has been going on for over two months already.

I used to use Ad Block Plus for the same purpose and ran into the same issue over a month ago.

I started using UBLock Origin, and it's been working.

I forget where on Reddit I pulled the download link from, but take a look at this:

*Stops and look*

Ok, I pretty much said the same thing Dredd did without looking at his post!

Until yesterday they just told me that ad-blocking is not OK, but then they started to insist to turn it off. As said, that will not happen.

Thanks, I changed my adblocker to uBlock. I wanted to get rid of Adblock Plus anyway, as it's been paid by some advertisers for not blocking their ads.

Until yesterday they just told me that ad-blocking is not OK, but then they started to insist to turn it off. As said, that will not happen.

Thanks, I changed my adblocker to uBlock. I wanted to get rid of Adblock Plus anyway, as it's been paid by some advertisers for not blocking their ads.
That's what was happening to me a month and a half ago.

It's being rolled out regionally, some people aren't having any issues - yet, and others are being stonewalled from the start.

Oh yeah, every now and then YouTube freezes super badly. and for some reason certain videos stopped opening, it's very strange.
Well, while YouTube is down, I use Spotify and play WoW, there's a new patch out now. Seeds of Renewal, there will be a new raid, Sepulcher of the First Ones. This raid will be a challenge for the strongest players, and if you need any help, you can reach out here.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High