D2 Where can I get a 5 socket sword? D2R

HLYRD

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,
My question is where can I get a 5 socket crystal sword?. I found nightmare a little bit difficult for my double swing barb and Im planning to craft the rune word "Honor" to boost up my DPS a little bit so I can grind more in NM but im having trouble finding a 5 socket sword.

my barb lvl is 41 and in act 1 NM

please help!

thanks in advace

Any non-superior crystal sword without sockets you can find in nightmare can be cubed (with ral + amn + p amethyst) to get 5 sockets. You cannot find items with more than 4 sockets in nightmare. The cube recipe is one in six so it could take a while to get one. You might be better off trading to get a better weapon if you're not playing SP.

Reactions: HLYRD
Any non-superior crystal sword without sockets you can find in nightmare can be cubed (with ral + amn + p amethyst) to get 5 sockets. You cannot find items with more than 4 sockets in nightmare. The cube recipe is one in six so it could take a while to get one. You might be better off trading to get a better weapon if you're not playing SP.
you mention crystal sword bro how about dimensional blade from NM if i do that cubing will it give the 5slots as well? tia

Hello,
My question is where can I get a 5 socket crystal sword?. I found nightmare a little bit difficult for my double swing barb and Im planning to craft the rune word "Honor" to boost up my DPS a little bit so I can grind more in NM but im having trouble finding a 5 socket sword.

my barb lvl is 41 and in act 1 NM

please help!

thanks in advace
Exactly same problem here, level 36 Act I NM, things take long to die, ever since I came to NM. Already use Bloodrise + Ripsaw but they are just too low for NM. Have been running Countess runs instead hoping for a socketed weapon. str=100, dex=60 currently.

I am looking at Kings rune word, only 3 sockets.

The next upgrade must come from Exceptional weapons, eg Jagged Star, Dimensional Blade, Dacian Falx etc

But otherwise I will have to grind Countess for a lot longer...

I am looking at Kings rune word, only 3 sockets.
3 Sockets gives you more options, as any of the exceptional scepters/swords that can get 3 sockets will cap at 3 sockets with an ilvl of 1. So, if you find a low quality version and upgrade it to normal, it will get 3 sockets from Larzuk or have a 2/3 chance of 3 sockets with the socket recipe. (The socket recipe always rolls for up to 6, and then will cap to the max sockets. So, you'll get 3 sockets on a "roll" of 3, 4, 5, or 6 sockets if an item's sockets caps out at 3.)

Holy Water Sprinklers, Ancient Swords, and Espandons cap out at 3 sockets, so any white ones you find will get 3 from Larzuk or have a decent chance with the cube recipe.

Also, be aware that Gladius, Cutlass, Shamshir, Tulwar, and Rune Scepters cap at 2 sockets, so won't work.

how about dimensional blade from NM if i do that cubing will it give the 5slots as well?
As long as you don't find it in Act 1 it will have the potential for 5 sockets with a max of 6 from the cube recipe — Larzuk will give 6. (Some areas of Act 1 NM might still drop stuff with too low an ilvl to get more that 4 sockets. (That will also apply to crystal swords.)

Last edited:
Reactions: HLYRD
3 Sockets gives you more options, as any of the exceptional scepters/swords that can get 3 sockets will cap at 3 sockets with an ilvl of 1. So, if you find a low quality version and upgrade it to normal, it will get 3 sockets from Larzuk or have a 2/3 chance of 3 sockets with the socket recipe. (The socket recipe always rolls for up to 6, and then will cap to the max sockets. So, you'll get 3 sockets on a "roll" of 3, 4, 5, or 6 sockets if an item's sockets caps out at 3.)

Holy Water Sprinklers, Ancient Swords, and Espandons cap out at 3 sockets, so any white ones you find will get 3 from Larzuk or have a decent chance with the cube recipe.

Also, be aware that Gladius, Cutlass, Shamshir, Tulwar, and Rune Scepters cap at 2 sockets, so won't work.

As long as you don't find it in Act 1 it will have the potential for 5 sockets with a max of 6 from the cube recipe — Larzuk will give 6. (Some areas of Act 1 NM might still drop stuff with too low an ilvl to get more that 4 sockets. (That will also apply to crystal swords.)
geez thats what ive been doing this whole time.. been grinding dimensional blade in act 1. LOL no wonder i always get 4 socket tops these past few days..
thanks for the useful info my brother

Last edited:
been grinding dimensional blade in act 1.
That is fine if you go straight to the jail or better, to the catacombs.

Dimensional Blade gets all its 6 sockets from ilvl 41+, which is Act 1 NM, jail and the catacombs.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High