Whats your best magic finding routes?

Ultimatium1

Oct 17, 2019
So, im wondering what routes you guys are using for magic finding. Im personally doing chaos sanctuary, travincial and world stone keep, but im thinking about ditching the world stone keep, simply because it takes a bit too much time, plus its a bit risky.

Last edited:
It pretty much depends on what I am looking for and what character I am playing

It pretty much depends on what I am looking for and what character I am playing
Exactly this. Right now I'm running The Pit and occasionally Worldstone Keep to break the pattern with my lightning spec sorceress hoping for some grailers. Especially Griffon's for my sorc and an IK armor for a barb. Might finally reach level level 96 doing this as well, if I manage to avoid the deaths. Back at 95,2 again

Ancient Tunnels in the Lost City area is good - everything can drop there (Alvl 85), blizz-sorcs tend to do very well here. The other area that is run a lot is the pits in the Tamoe Highlands of Act 1, another Alvl 85 area that is relatively easy with advanced characters. For my lightning sorc I mainly only do Baal runs or Cows.

If you are building a character for the first time, NM Mephisto is usually the first stop.

Outside of events that call for repeated runs of specific targets, I find repeated runs a bit tedious even if they are the most effective.

My "Meteorb" runs Countess on p1, then switches to p3 and runs The Pits, Mausoleum, Andy, Ancient Tunnels, (sometimes Kurast temples), LK, Meph, Chaos, Pindle, Eldritch, Thresh Socket, and WSK. It keeps things interesting running multiple areas.

The other area that is run a lot is the pits in the Tamoe Highlands of Act 1, another Alvl 85 area that is relatively easy with advanced characters.
Yes, i agree. I have actually been doing pits a bit lately, since the monster density is fairly okay, its safe and theres a golden chest. Im thinking about ditching the world stone keep and doing pits.

Last edited:
Yes, i agree. I have actually been doing pits a bit lately, since the monster density is fairly okay, its safe and theres a golden chest. Im thinking about ditching the world stone keep and doing pits.

Most importantly, its a level 85 area meaning that any item in the game has potential to drop.

This...
Outside of events that call for repeated runs of specific targets, I find repeated runs a bit tedious even if they are the most effective.

My "Meteorb" runs Countess on p1, then switches to p3 and runs The Pits, Mausoleum, Andy, Ancient Tunnels, (sometimes Kurast temples), LK, Meph, Chaos, Pindle, Eldritch, Thresh Socket, and WSK. It keeps things interesting running multiple areas.

...and sometimes all the tombs in the Canyon of the Magi. I like to do this with my summoner necro, since creating the army at the beginning of the game can get tedious on top of repeated single target running.

Well, i personally feel like running the countess is mostly a waste of time. I just saw a video with a guy who did a thousand countess runs, and he only found a small handful of valueable runes. So you are probably better off spending your time somewhere else, unless you are looking for a particular rune for crafting a runeword.

Last edited:
Well, i personally feel like running the countess is mostly a waste of time. I just saw a video with a guy who did a thousand countess runs, and he only found a small handful of valueable runes. So you are probably better off spending your time somewhere else, unless you are looking for a particular rune for crafting a runeword.

Agreed, but I need to restock my supply of runes and there are quite a few unique packs along the way for such a short journey. I still need quite a few exceptional uniques for my grail so it isn't wasted time since they are pretty much one shot kills.

You can just use the drop chances for the runes from Hell Countess and draw your own statistical conclusions.
One Countess run takes like 30 seconds anyway and is a nice way to stock up on mid-runes though Lower Kurast is superior.
During my previous 1.5k runs I got 15 Pul, 6 Um, 6 Mal and 6 Ist (and a Vex and a Gul rune from random mobs in the countess "room")

One Countess run takes like 30 seconds anyway and is a nice way to stock up on mid-runes though Lower Kurast is superior.

Yes, i have seen people doing lower kurast runs for runes on a few occasions, is it worth doing in your opinion? Anyway, so far im doing pits, travincial and chaos sanctuary. I feel like this route is okay, but im probably going to add something else, possibly ancient tunnels?

Last edited:
Yes, i have seen people doing lower kurast runs for runes on a few occasions, is it worth doing in your opinion? Anyway, so far im doing pits, travincial and chaos sanctuary. I feel like this route is okay, but im probably going to add something else, possibly ancient tunnels?
LK is only worth it on high player settings, the special chests around the camp fires. Just to get things straight, you are playing on bnet? right?

Up to clvl 90 I run all Super Unique monsters and all alvl 83 - 85, killing all champs and uniques along the way. After clvl 90 I run all act 4 and 5 alvl 85s.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High