Werewolf skills q

all the mods on a weapon are still incorporated into your WW attack - this includes elemental damage, IAS, crushing blow... only thing i can think of that is not carried over is the piercing attack on ranged weapons. which reminds me, one very nice WW weapon that no one has mentioned yet (i don't think) is the unique ballista (buriza do cyanon, or something like that). it seems odd, but in WW form, you can use this crossbow as a melee attack and it is quite nice... fast attack speed, massive damage, cold damage.

i found that my grizzly is an extremely effective tank. i found myself standing behind him and/or letting him get mobbed while i take out the guys on the periphery of the mob. i had to recast him every once in a while, but he survived the mob of lister and co for a good twenty seconds before kicking the bucket at slvl ~24. so i guess i like the grizzly better than the vine.

i don't know about the magic damage thing... there's one of the bows that fires magic arrows. that's the only thing i can think of that has that sort of mod. might be useful though, i never thought of it.

Weapon mods carry over to Fury. Which made my ww very nasty in 1.09...he used a Ribcracker. 50% CB + 25% CB from Goblin Toe at that attack rate...players 8 Minions of Destruction in NM was a matter of seconds...walking over to Baal took more time than actually killing him. Now with the upgrade through the cube, Ribcracker can be an end-game weapon without doubt. What would also be nice is the almost full IK set...the weapon deals very respectable amounts of elemental damage through partial bonuses, easilly enough to deal with PIs when using fury.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for a grizzly. The only thing I can really justify using vines for is corpse removal, which really isn't that important.

But cool deal about weapon mods. Man, to have IK's set. If only...*off to fantasize about the set he'll never get*

dragon457 said:
Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for a grizzly. The only thing I can really justify using vines for is corpse removal, which really isn't that important.

But cool deal about weapon mods. Man, to have IK's set. If only...*off to fantasize about the set he'll never get*

don't underestimate the corpse removal and the life gained. In 1.09 my ww had a healthy 5000 life, and my vine got me 6 or 7% per eaten corpse that means 300/350 life (~ 1 superhealing potion). You only need one point in it for corpse removal, since it seems to stay out of combat mostly.
Extremely handy when fighting (2 or 3) boss horadric mummy things with might enchanted extra fast extra strong skeletons. You don't want to kill those over and over again, trust me. Annoying flayers get raised less often, etc.
A chilled monster gets shattered only 25% of the time, so cold damage is not very good at corps disposal.

The IK maul used to be the (easy to find) weapon of choice for a 1.09 werewolf. With the upgrade recipies, new runewords and uniques there is a lot more choice now, so i am sure you'll be able to find something.

Gouda

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High