Well, well ... fancy seeing you guys here ...

bill_n_opus

Nov 4, 2021
Well, bought d2 resurrected ... fulfilling my dream of finishing off my Grail from the last 20 years or whatever it's been ... moved on from dii.net

Shout out to all the old farts that still play this stupid game lol.

is Nightfish still around? Hakai_no_Tenshi?

I still have an old copy of ATMA floating around somewhere ...

I'm here to finish my Grail:

Zod
T-Might
Stormlash

I think that's it ... after all the many years I played I can understand not finding a Zod rune ... but was bummed that I could never find T-might or Stormlash for whatever reason ... bad luck I guess.

Starting fresh ... I just finished Norm with my trusty Fishymancer ... completely untwinked of course ... but holy hell, tried playing Nightmare Act 1 on players 1 and couldn't kill a damn thing ... is it harder now? Than before?

Take it easy everyone.

Welcome back bill. Haven't seen NF or the doc in several years unfortunately. But several of the old school players are back.

No change in difficulty, but rune drop quality is much higher.

Wow, a blast from the past! I remember you and your old avatar! Good to see you back!

Zods are the new SoJ - believed to be so rare that one never finds it, but still dozens around 😅

Rune drops indeed did increase greatly, and LK running made it possible to consistently get high-end Runewords.

Hope you can finish your grail!

Nice to see some more new older than me faces around here.

Nice work with the fishy. Looking forward to read more about it.

Also, your comment about difficulty made me giggle slightly. If I had any time or photoshop skills I would make a principle Skinner meme.
"I am out of practice after years away from the game? No, there must have been a change in difficulty." :p

Also, before I forget:
*kicks shins*

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
Welcome back! Glad to see the oldy-old-olds exercising their game skills again :) Hope to see you around the bar (Durf is buying still).

I too started fresh from scratch on D2R (although still a have all my stashes and characters in 1.14D waiting...perhaps forever...), and untwinked is an experience I wasn't used to! My feelings after dying to Diablo's lightning hose was at first shock, then wild embarrassment, then confirmation that I shouldn't play HC yet.

I'm youg enough to remember names, but I have no idea why I remember them ;)

WB!

good to see all you peeps ...

yeah, true lol, after being away for so long it seems that NM was imbalanced and hard ... but the reality was that my merc is woefully underpowered to get that first kill and start the army ... it's been "rough" re-starting the game untwinked and relying on finds/runewords/socketed items only ... but that's been part of the fun of the game again.

i've been re-researching stuff, running norm pindle for xp to level, ran norm countess for some simple runes, now running NM countess for some slightly better runes ....

i'm wondering when is that dang Gheeds gonna drop.
I got excited when an Ort rune dropped from a rando.
I got depressed when I got to NM and realized I had to go back to freakin' that place to find that freakin' guy to get my idents done again ...
I realized how much time I put into that d2 game back in the day ...
someday i'll put up my old avatar (bill the cat)

question: i'll ask first, reseach more later but ... what is program of choice for forumers for muling? I used to use ATMA ...

Reactions: Kartongen
Welcome back!

For D2R, GoMule is the muling program of choice.

My feelings after dying to Diablo's lightning hose was at first shock, then wild embarrassment, then confirmation that I shouldn't play HC yet.
Now just replace that with Rakinishu. I think after a decade of casual D3 I just wasn't ready for the difficulty variability in D2. In D3, pretty much nothing kills you or everything does.

Heya there Bill!

Thanks for the shout out, I think. :p I gave up playing D2 back in the day, shortly after Achieving level 99 with Maxamillian. D2R roped myself back in. Hey, I just had too.
Besides, after all these years, I have all of my characters, my stashes and apps such as D2encyclopedia, Atma V, Gomule, weapon speed calculator and guides saved. Got to love NAS's. Heck, I even have all the D2 patches of old, from D2patch 1.03 to 1.08 and LoD 1.08 to 1.13c.
Naturally, I have continued game play with my old characters. New place to play with, Uber tristram. Hmmm.

No, no signs of Nightfish, Hakai or many others I'm afraid. I actually have Hakai's last known e-mail address as well as the master list from the SPTN, but I have not dared use it.

If you need a copy of any of the old stuff, Old Asmo might have a copy. Is there a repository on this site for some of this stuff?

I initially thought that D2R was harder at first as well. But it turns out (imho), it was just a matter of getting used to D2 gameplay. I have been playing D3 on/off (P1900 NS) which I think threw things out for me.

Heya there Bill!

Thanks for the shout out, I think. :p I gave up playing D2 back in the day, shortly after Achieving level 99 with Maxamillian. D2R roped myself back in. Hey, I just had too.
Besides, after all these years, I have all of my characters, my stashes and apps such as D2encyclopedia, Atma V, Gomule, weapon speed calculator and guides saved. Got to love NAS's. Heck, I even have all the D2 patches of old, from D2patch 1.03 to 1.08 and LoD 1.08 to 1.13c.
Naturally, I have continued game play with my old characters. New place to play with, Uber tristram. Hmmm.

No, no signs of Nightfish, Hakai or many others I'm afraid. I actually have Hakai's last known e-mail address as well as the master list from the SPTN, but I have not dared use it.

If you need a copy of any of the old stuff, Old Asmo might have a copy. Is there a repository on this site for some of this stuff?

I initially thought that D2R was harder at first as well. But it turns out (imho), it was just a matter of getting used to D2 gameplay. I have been playing D3 on/off (P1900 NS) which I think threw things out for me.
I meant you and Maxicek as well and others whom i've forgotten by name ... glad to see that i'm not the only sad old skool gamer hanging around.

by the way, does this game have a disappearing items bug?

I dropped a few grand charms and my 2xtomes right next to Cain temporarily to make space while managing my stashes and stuff.

when I was finished and went to pick up my items they were gone ... don't care much about the tomes, you can buy them back ... but the 37 life and 33 mana charm for an untwinked player like me hurts to lose. I'm a little ticked off ... what's up with that?

straight up vanilla d2r, no muling at all, offline single player.

by the way, does this game have a disappearing items bug?
Did you leave them for long? Items do expire, it's not a bug, just something that's always been there. Regular items and gold expire after 10 minutes, magic after 20, rare, set and crafted items expire after 30 minutes.

good point ... I can't remember how long I mucked around for ... but it wasn't very long. Honestly, it was late night and I can't remember if I feel asleep lol and then woke up to finish up what I was doing ... but yeah, that may explain the items timing out.

@snickersnack: Me riding my bike after 15 years without a bike 😅

@bill_n_opus Falling asleep while gaming? Maybe the game is not so difficult after all then... :oops:
That's normal for me ... Pit run after pit run ... Mf runs ... Play until I'm drooling on my keyboard, wake up and find the message in red on the screen "you have died ... Press ESC to go back ..."

This is why I don't play hardcore ... I don't trust myself ...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High