Upkeeping FA zon's leech

DreamlessDude

Nov 21, 2003
Upkeeping FA zon's leech

Well here is a huge problem i realise i face. I am running out of mana too often. I am using a FA zon with the mavina set. My resist positive but bad and my mana keeps running out til i gotta just use my normal attack to leech back. Is there any way to keep using the freezing arrow? For ammy, i use crescent moon with 12 ml. 1 7% manald heal and 1 raven frost ring. Now, that is already 24 ml with 5% from mavina tenet and 7 from manald heal and last 12 from crescent moon.
I use marrowalks boots.

Now is there anyway to improve on both resists and the ml problem. My resist are all postive but some three are less than 50 and i am scared of gloams :(

To deal with the resis I would slap Ort runes into your armour and diadem. That takes care of Gloams. I found that I didn't really need the other resis that much. Fire and Ice are easier to avoid than Lightning.

I can't help you much on the mana leech problem, though. Maybe you could use war travs instead of marrowwalk. WT add 15-25 base damage which might help a bit.

Odd I don't have any mana problems with my FrostMaiden and I only use Crescent Moon with Mavs belt, unless I have into unleechable monsters. As for resists just get a couple shimmering GCs.

Just to add some info, I think i have a level 26-28 FA which is 21.5 mana. I have a base pool of roughly 300 mana which means it runs out after 20-25 hits if it pierces. Then i gotta revert back to normal arrow shooting. I heard of people doing forever FA with mavina set. Is that undoable?

And i am doing 1.2k-1.8k damage. With FA adding a 2.1k-2.5k. Gotta say FA kills fast against non CI monsters

Well I didn't put any points into energy, I'm also using full mavs with crescent(14% ml), 2 raven frosts and aldurs advance. I'm pretty sure I do around the same amount of dmg with Fa as you. I only have a total of 19% ml. How many points do you have in pierce and what is you're %to hit at around? Maybe that's what's making the difference.

What do you mean by "if it pierces"? As far as I know that has nothing to do with how much mana you have to "pay".

From your stats I think it should very well be possible to keep shooting FAs all the time. You're not fighting skeletons, are you? 100% Leech wouldn't help you then...

You said you do 1.2k-1.8k damage. That's good. How much of that is physical? That's what matters most to you if you've got leeching problems. All those magic and cold bonuses from the mav's set don't do a thing for you when it comes to leeching.

Failing all else you could always strafe once or twice every 20 shots. Two strafes is usually all it takes to fully refill my mana orb for my LF zon.

Nightfish said:
What do you mean by "if it pierces"? As far as I know that has nothing to do with how much mana you have to "pay".

From your stats I think it should very well be possible to keep shooting FAs all the time. You're not fighting skeletons, are you? 100% Leech wouldn't help you then...

You said you do 1.2k-1.8k damage. That's good. How much of that is physical? That's what matters most to you if you've got leeching problems. All those magic and cold bonuses from the mav's set don't do a thing for you when it comes to leeching.

Failing all else you could always strafe once or twice every 20 shots. Two strafes is usually all it takes to fully refill my mana orb for my LF zon.

Ahhhh. I think i figure it out. Mavina adds quite a huge amount of magic and cold damage therefore probably i was not able to continue fireing FA all the time. I will try tommorrow. Gonna grab some sleep now.

Also a note to pierce. Lets say you use a bow attack and it pierce. Doesn't it drain life/mana for that 'pierced' shot too? meaning if it pierce, don't you leech twice? Need to get this clear up.

If the arrow pierces if will leech more for every FA you shot. Without pierce you are only ever leeching from one monster but with some you can sustain FA with less problems.

Ah yes, now I get it. I misread the cost for FA to be 11.5 rather than 21.5, so I was expecting more shots before it runs out. Sorry, my bad. :teeth:

have no trouble for my mav zon either when i run low i just shot a strafe cycle and im full again.

and i use res charms so my zon has all res maxed in hell.

dont play here much though so i might strip her soon

EDIT: are you using the full set or just some of the pieces???

i use the full set

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High