upgraded skullder or stay with normal version?

Jedi

Jun 22, 2003
upgraded skullder or stay with normal version?

my question concerns a sorc that will use a stormshield and a skullder. in order to stay alvie in hc mfing i have this question here.

i have various options now.

play with

a) normal skullder ptopaz and storm -15%req = 133 str

b) upgraded skullder ptopaz and storm free(resi or mfsocket) = 16x str

c) upgraded skullder -20%req and storm -15% req = somewhere = ca. 133 str.

for my thoughts i have a defiance merc and the sorc is mfer.
sacrificing so many points for strenght or not?
what is the best option i have?

regards
Jedi

the strenght mod on storm is irrelevant to my build.

Jedi said:
a) normal skullder ptopaz and storm -15%req = 133 str

b) upgraded skullder ptopaz and storm free(resi or mfsocket) = 16x str

c) upgraded skullder -20%req and storm -15% req = somewhere = ca. 133 str.

the strenght mod on storm is irrelevant to my build.

If you need all the MF possible, lay down the STR and socket skullders and Shield with Ptopaz ( :) ) J/K

If you do the switch to more MF in the last moment its a bit tricky to use the upgraded armour.
If you keep the first setup I think I would go with the new features, try to find a -15% jool with a bit MF and some resist for the shield, and keep the Ptopaz in the upgraded skullders. The str should be OK with the + (30?) from SS.
Dont value my advice too high though, I kill all my MF sorcs the first chance I get. Guess I dont take the upped monster dmg so serious.

I'd upgrade and go high on mf. The points you lose on getting the strength to carry that badboy will/should be offset by your merc...

Then, what do I know? I prefer barbs to mf with!!!!

Cheers

i plan to switch slots before kill so the stormshield +30 strenght dont matter if the skullder has 16xstr req. wrong way to go for me with your advice@ rindi

@mali
u say strenght en mass and socket mf all the way. my stats screen will look like i am a bloody starter. around 190 strenght on a sorc overall :D

i still am undecided if the def bonus will be worth the additional 30 strenght stats.

any more ideas or opinions?

regards
jedi

I've never had very high regard to Defence, which might be stupid of course. Anyway, I'd say don't upgrade, see that you have max block and that's it. It's your build, but I think that generally, MF sorceresses have a higher return from HF merc.

What I'm saying is, unless a nova-sorc (hihi), you shouldn't spend that much of your time tanking. Even if you happen to teleport through that fanatic pack, I think you'll have more use for the extra mana/life, because you're going to nedd ALOT of defence for it to be useful against the really dangerous mobs. Maybe too much for a sorc in general?

Good luck whatever you choose!

It all depends on the place where you want to mf. Will she be a baalrunner or meph or pinrunner? Or something completly different?

Well if it were left to me... I'd just use a Rhyme Grim Shield any way! And trade the SS for something I want/need...

I would do the strength trick myslf and use 126 str then use SS and balrog skin skullders and forget about switch.

wiz/SS, occy/SS or HOTO/SS give too great bonuses to lose when switched, and best mosters for MF are dangerous if low resist no DR ect (meph, pindle)

If you insist on switch I'd just pump str and um/topaz the SS/skullder

The above are true considering you are at least moderately rich of course. Unless you have crap items/charms (that obviously you dont) stat points do little to help a sorc.

With defiance merc you could shoot for 10k defense that would be very good since your % to be hit would go around 25% maybe, and thats even more important in 1.10 since you if you land in middle of dangerous buddies and they all swing at once you'll want them to miss as many as possible since you can block only one. Then you worry only about conviction, but conviction is #1 HC killer anyways.

Oh and I'd never dump block or SS....

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High