Wayfaring

Jun 26, 2003
isleofmisfits.com
The Isle Of Misfit Players 3/10/2017

=================================
The Isle Of Misfits Address
=================================

Our Channel is for those that are here to game,
But know that you'll be banned, if you are lame.

Beggars, botters and those that use ITH,
Aren't the types we want to hang with.

To all those who have come before,
It's not our fault that you're here no more.

Please leave now, if you're here to ridicule or to flame,
Our channel is for decent people, and we don't want you in our game.

RESPECT should be the word of the day,
Without that, a Misfit game is where you'll never play.

The RESPECT we expect can't be traded, bought, or sold,
It can only be earned, which becomes worth more than gold.

So if you'd like to join our little group,
Welcome to The Isle of Misfits troop.

Remember our motto from which we all smile,

"Ask not what the Isle can do for you, but what you can do for the Isle."

A throw back to the old times. If you've been around long enough, you may remember these posts. If you were a Misfit back in the day, we have a Facebook account that let's us stay in touch. PM me with your Misfit info and I can add you to the Facebook group.

Well my second renaissance with D2 has gotten my sorc to level 82 so far. I run a second user session on my computer and have a BO barb that I use to buff her. My barb could use some levels to equip better +skill gear, but he gives her about 7 minutes of buff currently. I'm currently in Act 4 Hell, but could easily be further. One more level for her merc and he'll have the 200 strength to equip the eth CV Insight, which will help him a lot. Once I get her through the end game, I can spend time doing normal chaos runs to level my pally from his current level 30.

Sorc is up to 85 and finished Hell level today. Nothing spectacular for drops today... Mavina's belt, atmas armor, wizard spike, etc. Best rune was a Dol. I had another "doh", now I remember moment too. I planned on dragging my BO barb to leech experience from the throne room, but he couldn't use my sorc's TP. He was in the summit area when I beat the ancients, but didn't get credit. I even went back in another game and tried again, still no credit. DOH!! He's only level 58.... I guess I'll leech some NM runs to get to 60 before he can leech Hell level.

Deeds for my BO Barb. Leeched a few of my sorcs NM Baal runs to get to him to level 60, then headed to the Arreat Summit for the Ancients. I parked him behind the same pillar I've always used and switched to my sorc to activate the quest. I was closely watching my sorc's and merc health since one was fire and cold resistant and a second was fire resistant. (Sorc is FB/meteor/orb). Unfortunately, I didn't notice my barb getting hit until it was too late. I should have opened a TP and reset for better mods. At least I was able to loot his gear. The replacement barb is leveling nicely, so just a matter of available play time now.

Haven't had ton's of game time, but replacement BO barb is up to level 31. Currently leeching XP from my sorc running normal Baal runs. Found two Twitches, two Frosties today, Sigon gloves, and other low set items.

I've spent the majority of my limited play time having my pally running normal Baal for my rebuilt BO barb. Pally has gained 10 levels to 47 and the barb has gained about 15 levels to 42 now. I did a few Andy, Meph runs with my sorc for a change of pace too. I did find a Lo rune while running her. On my item wish list is Lava Gouts for my pally along with maybe a BStar for later levels. I have a Lightsabre already, which may suffice. In the old days, my pally's always used Schaefer's Hammers. I play on East HCL. If anyone reading this has item needs, let me know. Maybe we can trade or I'll donate if I have multiples. I have serveral Bartucs, an Andy helm, crafting supplies, low and mid level set items, a wizzy, a low Arreat's Face, etc...

Yesterday's play time was spent rushing my barb through nightmare. Did not find much. A Lycander's Aim bow, unid Tal's belt, Ko rune, and some mid-level set items. Barb is 48 now. I'll let him leech some NM Baal runs before moving on to Hell level with him.

Grumble,grumble. I'm reminded once again how unforgiving hardcore is to stupidity. Managed to get my BO barb killed once again. He had some frosties and unid'd chancies in his stash that I hadn't muled yet, but my sorc looted him and the rebuild is level 25 again. Found another Oculus that I'll never use, so if you want a free one, just let me know. Something about random teleportation in hardcore never set well with me.

I managed to get my BO barb through hell with my sorc and leeched a few Baal runs too. I think predictively, I find myself burned out from the repetition of the game once again. I'll hang on to my characters for a bit and probably kick the game up once in a while. I have some items I would gladly donate if you have a need. If you're just lookin to trade the items away, I would prefer the items go to someone that will use them. I'll try to come up with a list, but pgems , crafting runes, junk jewels, Andys, Titans, Bartucs, Sigon's pieces, death set, 4os flail, 6os phase blade, occulus, frosties, several twitch (one eth), few ravenclaws, some mid unique bows, several random nagel rings, highlords, rising sun, etc....

I've been running my pally through nightmare and have started hell as level 65. He hasn't been rushed through any acts, so my goal is to run him all the way through hell solo.

Debated whether to start new ladder characters for my part time playing or just continue with my three main characters on non-ladder. I had done some trading to outfit my existing characters with respectable gear, but I don't really want to go and repeat it all again. I started a new ladder sorc, but decided a pally would do better untwinked for now. My choice is the challenge of surviving untwinked and repeating all levels once again with three characters or just enjoy playing my established characters.

Progress notes. After some consideration concerning whether to start new ladder characters, I made the decision to continue playing my non-ladder characters. I created some ladder characters, but I just didn't have the desire to re-grind the game again so soon. When I have time to jump online, I usually do some MFing with the sorc (now level 88). She has found a Ber and Vex along with various uninspiring uniques. I run the Zeal/Fanaticism pally occasionally as he works his way through Hell. Last time out he made it to the Travincial waypoint (level 76). I've currently been running both characters without the barb's BO buff.

I made a thread in the D2 Trading forum too. Mainly because there was only one Hardcore thread in the entire forum. I remember back in the day that it was a pretty active place (along with the bnet trading channels) to get gear. I know there are other sites that have trading, but I guess I'll go old school and find any trades here or in game myself. With a new ladder season underway, I don't really expect too much action on my non-ladder trade offers.

I did have a blue Legendary Mallet drop in the CS, so it gave me hope of finding a Schaefer's someday for my pally! :)

Edited for spelling.

I was reminiscing the other day about when I first started playing Diablo (the original). I was introduced to the game about a year prior to the release of D2. It reminded me of a computer version of the old Dungeons and Dragons ( I still have my dice somewhere). When D2 came out it was a ton of fun. At first it was just playing single player due to computer limitations and probably internet access. Eventually, I bought a ridiculously expensive "home computer" and was introduced to B-Net. I played softcore pallys initially and had some really ghetto gear. I remember wearing IceBlink armor, Nat's boots, with a Vampgaze for a long time thinking I was all of that. I eventually made it to level 99 (probably 1.08 or 1.09) before they added the experience penalties as you gained levels. I eventually migrated to Hardcore for the challenge and met some Misfits in the trading channels. After realizing the futility of melee characters with the release of 1.10, Hammerdins became the rage. I tried a Hammerdin for a little bit, but decided to make a sorc instead after watching a meteor sorc in a cows run. I figured I might as well be a sorc if I was going to be a caster. I've played sorcs ever since, although I still enjoy playing a Zeal/Fanat pally too. I've tried a number of characters and builds Javazon's, Bowazon's, elemental druids, trappers, and even a WW barb. I keep coming back to sorcs and pallys though.

These forums were the place to be for trading, swapping tales, and meeting others back then. Those were the days that players were making money selling D2 items on ebay. In today's D2 economy, it appears that Bot's are still popular and everyone wants to trade forum gold for farmed items.

Anyone remember G.A.T.? When a bunch of us joined the Guild Wars Alpha testing in 2004, we formed a guild made up of GAT and Misfits and named it GAT and Misfit Experience or G.A.M.E. for short. Some good old timers played back then.

Not much for playing time. Found a few HEL runes, a GUL, Sazabi's cryptic sword, more Sigon's pieces, Infernostrides, 7% and 4% Nagels, and misc stuff that I don't bother picking up. Pally gained a level to 79. I played a bit of my level 9 ladder pally and he made level 10, but not before nearly getting killed about a dozen times with just a sliver of life left. He needs a better weapon for sure.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High