SPF Goals & Objectives for 2023

The last 8 weeks have been an extreme uphill battle of motivation, to the point where playing sometimes became a chore... :O

100's and 100's and 100's and 100's of hours in lower kurast especially, all came to a triumphant end this morning when the 60th eth superior berserker axe dropped, allowing me to finish this, in retrospect, brutally masochistic goal:

1703233721222.png

1703233663972.png

Now to grab some of the remaining low-hanging fruit goals of 2023 before 2024 greets us with a clean slate!

sorry @Swamigoon :
1703233952259.png1703234133363.png

Reactions: entwilighter
We ended up ticking off all the goals for the year:
  • Push my Untwinked 99er Sorc Redux to 98 (she pinged 97 at the end of 2022)
  • Complete my Lesser Skills Sept (3 of 7 completed at the end of 2022) and get at least 3 characters into a forthcoming oSkill Sept
    • Finished Lesser Skills Sept and finished 6 characters in the oSkill Sept (with the seventh at the start of Hell, so likely to finish that Sept up before the New Year)
  • Finish a HC tourney Paladin (second attempt parked in A1H at the end of 2022)
  • Host RFL and MFO
    • RFL hosted with streamlined two-round format, and MFO with updated single-category format

Last few days/hours have been a grind towards crossing off the easier/lower hanging fruit (goals) that I had yet to finish in 2023.

I went to trav looking for one, O-N-E, jewel of wrath +9 and instead found:

1704030991611.jpeg
and
1704030977924.jpeg
and
1704030965252.jpeg
not to mention
1704030955288.jpeg
oh, and
1704030941329.jpeg

So instead of completing my quest for jewels of wrath, I wound up 'accidently' completing my trav high rune goal:
1704030837326.png
I'll take it!

As for the rest of my massive undertaking in 2023, here are the results:

Results for 2023
Code:
Patch                                                     Achieved
------------------------------------------------------------------
1.00                                                      4/5
1.06                                                      1/1
1.07                                                      20/24
1.08                                                      3/3
1.10a                                                     1/1
1.10s                                                     1/2
1.14d                                                     24/42

Total                                                     54/78

Recap of Goals for 2023
Code:
Level a +2 skills ammy shopper to 93                      1/1
1 new low level ML ring from cow king                     1/1
1 new tri res greaves from cow king                       0/1
100 more SOJs from cow king                               100/100
Cube 36 Pskulls                                           57/36

Code:
Roll a useful amulet with Pskulls                           1/1

Code:
3 Grailers from Duriel                                                                            3/3
2 Ethereal Vamp Gazes                                                                             2/2
2 Ethereal Headstrikers                                                                           2/2
2 Shakos                                                                                          2/2
Cow King's Boots                                                                                  1/1
4 Ists                                                                                            1/4
8 Jewels of +4 Replenish Life                                                                     8/8

Rack or shop an exceptional or elite Cruel 2-hander of Quickness and punch 4 holes in it          0/1
Sacred Armor rack                                                                                 0/1
Ancient Axe rack + something else useful                                                          1/1
Lance rack + something else useful                                                                1/1
Naga rack + something else useful                                                                 1/1
Low level (12 or 18) druid pelt rack + something else useful                                      1/1

2 new Berserker Axe racks + something else useful                                                 1/2
2x 10%+ ED 5 socket Ethereal Berserker Axes                                                       2/2
2x 10%+ ED 4 socket Ethereal Berserker Axes                                                       2/2
2x Superior 5 socket Ethereal Nagas                                                               2/2

Craft 3/20 MA gloves                                                                              1/1
Craft a +3 MA amulet                                                                              1/1
Craft a +3 SS amulet                                                                              1/1
Craft a +3 Pcombat amulet                                                                         1/1

Rush 40 socket mules                                                                              40/40
Level a pally to 99 for 1.10s hellforge                                                           1/1
Level a goldfind barb to 99 for 1.14d                                                             1/1

Code:
3 Highlord's                                          3/3
Naj's Puzzler                                         1/1
Windforce                                             1/1

Code:
Roll a +ED 3 Socket Runic Talon of Quickness              1/1

Code:
Reduce the # of rushees awaiting hellforge to 0           0/30?
2 Beta Deleriums                                          2/2

Code:
900 more uber keys                                        900/900
300 jewels from Travincal                                 500/300
7 Runes Vex+ from Travincal                               7/7
(Ohm, Ohm, Vex, Sur, Ohm)
300 jewels from Duriel                                    27/300
90 Essence from Duriel                                    131/90

20 Runes Ohm+ (not including Travincal goal)              24/20
(Lo - 1.07, Ohm - 1.07, Sur, Ohm, Sur, Sur, Jah, Sur, Jah, Jah, Zod, Lo, Sur, Jah, Ber, Jah, Sur, Sur, Sur, Sur, Ohm, Jah, Ohm, Ohm)
3x Eth grailers                                           3/3
2x Perfect grailers                                       2/2

Level new pally to 98                                     98/98

Fun things to look out for:
15% ED Large Siege Bow                                    1/1
15% ED Shadow Bow                                         1/1
15% ED Crusader Bow                                       0/1
15% ED Hydra Bow                                          1/1
15% ED Siege Crossbow                                     1/1
15% ED Colossus Crossbow                                  1/1
15% ED Pellet Bow                                         1/1
15% ED Demon Crossbow                                     0/1
3/10 Elemental Skills amulet                              0/1
3/10 Fire Skills amulet                                   0/1
3/10 Lightning Skills amulet                              0/1
4x 12% MF Grand Charms                                    1/4
12x Jewels of Carnage                                     17/12
12x Jewels of Wrath                                       11/12
3x 40% Gold find Grand charms with prefix                 0/3

Project: Gambling My Life Savings
Finish Gambling 1st Billion Gold                          1/1
Farm 2nd Billion Gold                                     1billion/1billion
Gamble at least 1/2 of 2nd Billion Gold                   1/1
3/20 Poison and Bone Skills circlet                       0/1

Hopes and Dreams:
Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Luck                            1/1
Jeweler's Tiara/Diadem of Nirvana                         0/1
+5 Find item/BO Barb helm                                 0/1
JMoD                                                      0/1
6/40 Maiden or Ceremonial Javelin                         0/1
50MF War Travelers                                        0/1
3os eTomby                                                0/1

Comprehensively Nerdy D2 Spreadsheet Project
Add catalog of rings to spreadsheet                       1/1
Add catalog of amulets to spreadsheet                     1/1
Add catalog of circlets to spreadsheet                    1/1
Add perfect grail stats to spreadsheet                    1/1
Add 1.07 grail to spreadsheet                             0/1
Add 1.07 Unique stats to spreadsheet                      1/1
Add 1.07 Set stats to spreadsheet                         0/1

I hope everyone's been thinking about their D2 goals for 2024...I know I have! See you in the New Year!

I'm currently not as excited about D2/D2R as I was this time last year, but I had a phenomenal year last year. One thing I've learned over the past 20 years is that excited waxes and wanes and not to push things. I'd love to get one more all time grailer, probably would be Earth Shifter and would be good to get my D2R only grail into the final 10. I'd love to find make a big runeword I'd never made before. It appears with D4 that any D2 patches are finished, maybe forever, or at least for some time now

Quest some new characters/builds. I'm currently working on an Oath wielding melee Necro. I'm not sure what will be next.

Make Enigma in D2R. This will let me run the Pit with my berserker. The only items he's missing are Enigma and an optimized helm (chammed Shako or a good 3 socket barb helm from 1.07). Well, he also needs a 6 Ist PB, but I'll do that after making Enigma.

Make at least one RW I've never made before. CoH would be nice, but there's also Beast, Ice, Dream, LW, and many others. I see a lot of LK in my future.

Edit to add: keep on that SoJ NM Andy grind and turn that first D2R SoJ into an anni.
I'm going to post in the 2024 goals thread "soon," so I thought I'd post about how these goals went...

Well, I made Enigma, but then my berserker goals got a bit derailed when the patch with mosaic dropped. Suddenly, MFing with my recently finished barb was not at all optimal. :/ I did repurpose him as a Wolfbarb, though. I'm still not sure what to do with that 6 ist PB. 😑 Also, I never did get a better helm. I have a Cham in 1.14d, but I don't think it'll put it in a shako now.

New runewords made since posting goals: Enigma, Breath of the Dying, Faith. I don't want to toot my own horn, but that's not a bad haul for one year. Also, I made Beast this year, so that almost qualifies?

Lastly, yeah, I did get an SoJ from Andy to then turn into an anni. :)

So, yeah, most of my goals happened...

Last edited:
Reactions: Friiser and ziambe
Greetings. Simple goals for a simple man. 0/2 so far this year:

• Guardian

Edit: living in the past I am….

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High