spear/bow hybrid zon

6stringspanky

Jun 23, 2003
spear/bow hybrid zon

i was wondering if anyone has ever done this. i really want to try it but i know nothing about the spear side of an amazon, letalone anyhting about synergies. could somone tell e or send me a like to what kinda skills i should use. also what is the best spear skill for killing. thanx in advance

6stringspanky said:
i was wondering if anyone has ever done this. i really want to try it but i know nothing about the spear side of an amazon, letalone anyhting about synergies. could somone tell e or send me a like to what kinda skills i should use. also what is the best spear skill for killing. thanx in advance

While folks here can certainly help you out, don't forget the Amazon forum and the AB (AB is full of hard core amazon enthusiasts with a lot of knowledge).

If you have any plans to ever use Javelins then LF is a must. If you want to avoid them completely then a 1pt Jab, synergized Charged Strike, possibly Fend. On the bow side the options are so widely open it comes down to what you want to mess with.

How are you planning on hybridizing this zon? Do you want her to mow down enemies with the bow, then clean up with the spear, or tackle the crowd with your spear first? If it's the former, I sugguest strafe/multishot (pick your favorite) and the spear skill that sends out CL on impact (the name escapes me.) If it's the latter, I sugguest going with Fend for your main attack and use Immolation Arrow (not necessarily fully synergized...) to take care of PI monsters.

But that's just my couple of pennies.

thanx alot guys..you guys are quick. i really want to use my spear alot. bow kinda for a little crowd control and taking out shamans and the such.. maybe for leech to gain back some life then tank em away.

If you are avoiding Javelins then the Bow becomes your crowd controller. The top choices in crowd control are Knockback and %Flee (Nef and Dol runes along with items that have these mods). Then you decide on Freezing Arrow, Multishot and Strafe. Currently I have a Zon in A5 Nightmare with a 1pt Freezing Arrow and a Nef'ed Buriza along with a Rattlecage (you can get away with this stuff in Nightmare, I doubt I can do it in Hell). With enough small cold damage charms her current freeze time is very long. I think it will be quartered in Hell so I need to start getting a few more charms. Using Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Critical Strike, Deadly Strike and other stuff like Prevent Monster Heal, a silly 1pt in Guided allows her to deal with singles, but she also has a 1pt in Jab and Charged Strike (originally was going to max Charged Strike, not sure now). Her Jav/Spear skill is LF, it is just too strong for me to pass up. Anyways with all those mods she is dominating Nightmare on players 8, using a Might merc. Also going for Max Valk, she is just too good to ignore.

Enough rambling, I haven't much to say on Spear builds since I avoid that melee in Hard Core. Fire Enchanted bug and what-not.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High