Sorry to ask again, but could someone give me the link to weapon speed calculator?

NSXdreamer

Dec 7, 2003
Sorry to ask again, but could someone give me the link to weapon speed calculator?

Well, I was dumb enough to not bookmark it, now I can't find it. Could someone give me the link, I promise I will never ever ask again! :D

Oh I don't want to start another thread, but for "Famine" rune word, which is better? Feral Axe, Decapitator, Champion Axe, Glorious Axe, Ogre Maul(can't use yet though, need more strength)? Or something else? This will be for a fury wolf. (please state why as well, thanks :) )

If you are willing to put more strength, then a thundermaul will get you a lot of damage but if not just stick with a orge maul(lower str i think)

NSXdreamer said:
Oh I don't want to start another thread, but for "Famine" rune word, which is better? Feral Axe, Decapitator, Champion Axe, Glorious Axe, Ogre Maul(can't use yet though, need more strength)? Or something else? This will be for a fury wolf. (please state why as well, thanks :) )
Depends what you want. If you want fast, Feral Axe is the fastest, closely followed by Champion Axe, which does a little more damage. If you want damage, I'd recommend a Decapitator - Glorious Axe and Ogre Maul are both the same speed as it, but do a little less damage. Also the Ogre Maul's strength req is insane. But of course, check the speeds in the Weapon Speed Calculator, which is at...

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english !!

DreamlessDude said:
If you are willing to put more strength, then a thundermaul will get you a lot of damage but if not just stick with a orge maul(lower str i think)
Decapitator! Decapitator! Averages 1.5 more damage than an Ogre Maul, same speed, and needs 36 less strength! Also it's the coolest name for a weapon around! :)

Decap's a little on the slow side, and don't forget that wolves have a speed bonus when using maul types.. ;)

Feral axe is teh best. For long polearms, go giant thresher, just for style, since the dex requirement is really high. In older studies done on cruel xxx of quickness, the thundermaul was deemed the single best weapon for the druid, with 2 shaels. Speed is the limiting factor, so the best weapons to go for (if you can't get 80% IAS on the weapon :rolleyes: ) would be decently fast ones, like feral and GT.

Paah second post...

Just realised you were looking for druid weapon speed data? Haven't checked the calculators in years (literally) but in the past they weren't accurate for druid weapons. For the best resource available on druids, check out

http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/werewolf/

Valid for .10 too, unless i'm grossly mistaken. :)

Thanks a lot guys, that's some very helpful info. :) I decided to go with feral axe, since that's the only thing would give me a 5fps attack. Mauls has way to high strength for me right now and I'm not willing to invest that much in, as I have a tomb reaver when I reached the necessary level.

One thing though the durability of feral axe is pretty low, more trip to town I guess.

Hey NSW, you managed to hijack your own thread within two minutes of it being posted! That's gotta be a record! :D

chaos said:
Paah second post...

Just realised you were looking for druid weapon speed data? Haven't checked the calculators in years (literally) but in the past they weren't accurate for druid weapons. For the best resource available on druids, check out

http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/werewolf/

Valid for .10 too, unless i'm grossly mistaken. :)
Hmm.. I was going off that calculator at http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english in the assumption that they knew their Druid stuff. After a quick glance at the link you provided, though, it seems that the two sites agree on the few weapons and skill levels I plugged into them. After I got over the confusion of the werewolf site listing the negatives of all the weapon speeds, which I've never seen anyone else do. I have no idea why they did that.

I'm a little confused about your "wolves have a speed bonus when using maul types" comment. I've never heard that before, and the werewolf site lists mauls as having a 17 frame base animation, same as 2H axes, and e.g. an ogre maul and a decapitator produce the same numbers in their calculator, as I'd expect.

I knew that WIAS was more valuable for werewolves but I didn't realise off-weapon IAS was quite so useless. After some table studying, I concur, a Feral Axe is the way to go. :)

Huorn said:
Hey NSW, you managed to hijack your own thread within two minutes of it being posted! That's gotta be a record! :D
Umm, who is NSW? :p Nah, I found the werewolf calculator with google two minutes after posting the question. (stupid me didn't think of it before posting)

Also the feral axe is good alright, but that image, even a phase blade is bigger than it for christ's sake. Whoever designed really deserve a big wack on his head.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High