Some questions

nemar

Jun 27, 2003
Some questions

1) what is the best wait to have resist all / charms (before kill baal in hell) ?

2) firebolt : 20 ; fireball : 20, and after ? meteor or FM ?

3) what is the best shield for bloking. is a limit to block ?

4) what is the best way to have resist all by crafting ? (6 gems is not a good andswer)

Thanks you, I take the copies in 10 minutes and the note will count for the diploma !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) No definitive answer from me . Sorry

2) I would suggest pump Fire Mastery and put any leftovers in Meteor

3) Round Shield has the highest % Block but for a Sorc you could use upgraded Defender or a Sanctuary on a high % base . Blocking is limited to 75%

4) Safety amulet or something I would guess ... alas I don't remember the recipe . Sorry again

I hope I helped ( although my post is sooo incomplete :( )

1) No idea. :(

2) The best is 20 Fireball, 20 Firebolt, 10 Fire Mastery. From that point Meteor and FM should alternate points until you have 20 FM and 10 Meteor (if you have enough points for that, otherwise just max FM (it saves you some pre-requisites too!).

3) Limit 75% as Lord Nikon said. Whitstan's Guard is good, another alternative is Rhyme in a high blocking shield and you can combine with a crafted amulet to get a boost to blocking as well as other nice benefits (can't be frozen, mana regen, etc).

4) What's wrong with the prismatic recipe? Otherwise it's just down to luck (and level of you and the base item) with crafting.

Butz. :teeth:

LORD NIKON said:
2) I would suggest pump Fire Mastery and put any leftovers in Meteor

I would put 1 point in Fire Mastery and rest in Meteor, because one point in meteor gives 14% bonus to damage, Mastery gives only 7% and it gives you powerful Meteor too which can be used in many situations. If you still have points when Meteor is maxed, then FM is an option (or boosting your 2nd attack)

edit: i forgot Meteor has pre-reqs :lol: ...but it still is good choice

- I have the receipe, no problems

- prismatic give only 1/2 receipes, I WANT more, and it's only for belt and I have already +20 ra belt

edit
:( you're not agree with fire, that not help me !

- for the shield it will be round shield, I have one with two socket if I dont' make mistake

Rhyme also comes with 25% resist all. Helps with those resistances some.

Porius

nemar said:
- I have the receipe, no problems

- prismatic give only 1/2 receipes, I WANT more, and it's only for belt and I have already +20 ra belt

edit
:( you're not agree with fire, that not help me !

- for the shield it will be round shield, I have one with two socket if I dont' make mistake

No clue what you mean about the belt, but a gem of each colour with an amulet gives a amulet with 15 - 20 res. all
The best place to hunt for charms is still cows, if i am right.

The fire thing, I agree with Butz. It is something like this. meteor gives a 14% bonus on your base damage.
fire mastery on the other hand gives a 7% bonus over your total damage. Since you already have synergie, the 7% over the total is better than the 14% over the base.
After about lvl 10 fire mastery you can start alternating, because then the 14% from meteor on your base gets enhanced by your lvl 10+ (more then 70%) bonus from fire mastery. This will lead to a self strengthening process, when alternating your skillpoints.
and yes a rhyme shield will probably help!

Good luck,

Gouda

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=37325&hl=resist+all+charms

(it is for 1.09, but the idea is the same)

you need item lvl 54 or higher to get best resist small charms (10-11% cold resist. for example)

you need item lvl 35-40 ( I do not know the exact number) or higher to get best resist all small charms (shimmering, 3-5% resist all)

The lower the item lvl you use, the higher your chances are per reroll.

You can check item lvl by ATMA.

From the Amazon Basin (regarding cubing resistance charms):

If you want a shot at getting the best resistance charms there are to get, farm for small charms in Travincal, the Forgotten Temple, the Ruined Fane or the Disused Reliquary in Nightmare Act 3. The best you can get on a small charm is +11% resist to a single element, or +5% resist all.

If you want a shot at getting the best resistance charms there are to get, and also the chance of rolling a highly coveted +7% magic find charm, farm for small charms in the Crystalline Passage, the Frozen River, the Glacial Trail, the Drifter Cavern, or the Pit of Acheron in Nightmare Act 5.

If you want the greatest return on investment, in terms of number of resist % points per perfect gem burned, farm for grand charms in the Blood Moor, the Den of Evil, the Cold Plains, the Cave level 1 or the Burial Grounds in Nightmare Act 1. The best you can get on a grand charm is +30% resist to a single element, or +15% resist all.[\quote]

You can cube charms at any level.

For crafting, review the affix levels, and you want to try to craft such that the (ilvl + clvl)/2 is only just greater than (or equal to) the alvl of the affix you want. (here ilvl is the ilvl of the item, determined by the monster that dropped the item, clvl is the level of the character doing the crafting and alvl is the level of the affix you want on the craft).

Note that you will probably have to go through numerous cubings/craftings to get the affixes you're after.

nemar said:
2) firebolt : 20 ; fireball : 20, and after ? meteor or FM ?

If it were up to me, I'd max fireball, then meteor, then fire mastery and lastly firebolt. Fireball and meteor have more practical applications then firebolt. At least that's what I did.

how will you do a pure fire sorc in ehll? a third of monsters are fire immune, and you'll haveno way of killing.
id but them into a low lvl (less prereqs) skill, maybe lightning.

@ gouda , thanks, good explications !

@csarmi : no thanks for url , :bonk: now i'm hill of the head. it's to complicated to me. I'm simple , go here, kill it, do that. no more !

@mage11 : ok so cubing sm ilvl 85 is bad :( you could say it before , so I have to go back act V nightmare, that clear answer.

@kaysar : bad boy you try to change the question ! I start firebolt because I can start it a low level and after fireball because I use it. at level 30/50 I pump FO, it's my primary waypon, and it's the best spell of the sorcerer. after I bump firebolt before fireball because I prefer low use mana at start, I don't have mana. no point in mana. After I don't use meteor at primary because meteor break my FO attack, not fireball ! so point in meteor or FM is only for synergie on my fireball.

@ all : thanks to take the time to read and respond.

now I'm not sure, until I can now kill boss CI/FI . I can also pump static field in prevision of the anciens.

nemar said:
@kaysar : bad boy you try to change the question ! I start firebolt because I can start it a low level and after fireball because I use it. at level 30/50 I pump FO, it's my primary waypon, and it's the best spell of the sorcerer. after I bump firebolt before fireball because I prefer low use mana at start, I don't have mana. no point in mana. After I don't use meteor at primary because meteor break my FO attack, not fireball ! so point in meteor or FM is only for synergie on my fireball.

I mentioned meteor because I find that sometimes fire immune things are blocking the path to a cold immune monster, and that monster is a healing one or something to that effect (it happened a bunch in ACT 3 kurast). It seemed easier to drop a meteor on that guy while I would use frozen orb on the others.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High