Some cLvl questions

Dec 17, 2003
Some cLvl questions

O.K, i need to get this clarified. Mephisto CANNOT drop items past a certain item level, regardless of what your character level is, correct?

For example, I hear it is impossible for meph to drop stuff like ik/tal armor, tyrael's might, stormshield, etc.

Now, what is a good cLvL to have a decent (relatively) chance at *everything* possible for mephisto to drop. Are there some things you simply cannot get unless your character is at a certain level?

For example, my 87 sorc has gotten about 5 occys, 3 gazes, 2 eldriches, 4 skullders. She has never seen, however, an ormus robe, maras, shako, spidersilk. Now, are those items just so much more rare(that I can get all of the stuff above without seeing ONE shako), or is it that at my current level, the drops that I seem to keep repeating (see: my 5 freaking occys), are the highest I can get without leveling up??????

So basically, are those items listed just insanely more rare, where I can (and have) done hundreds of runs to get bulk amounts of gazes/occys, and still not see those other items?? Or are they not possible to get at my level and that's why I'm not seeing them???

Please explain. If it helps, my mf is around 350-400.

Please explain, since when does clevel matter for drops? It doesn't. Bad luck you had, that's all, unless of course you were mfing NM Meph who can indeed drop Skullder's, Occy, Gaze but no Harle, Storm, Mara's or Ormus'. With 400MF one in ~600 runs on Hell Meph should yield you a Harle, if that cheers you up.

Hell meph dropped me a Harle when I was level 79 (I think) and misc occuluses etc. Since I leveled to 85 he's decided to drop absolutely nothing (or I'm getting pickier!)

It's all just luck and MF.

Your clvl doesn't matter. However, his mlvl does. That's what dictates his drops or any monsters for that matter.

Does that mean in theory bremm can drop better stuff then Meph can? Right now I'm hoping to find stuff like IK armor, windforce, MAvina's helm, Griffon's eye. Do I have to kill baal for those?

www.d2data.net

The Pit has probably the best probability to drop those things. Or any other mlvl85 area.

Mephisto is mlvl87 and the council is 88+. So yes you could find better items from the council.

If you can kill them easy enough go for it, but I recommend The Pit.

m0nk said:
www.d2data.net

The Pit has probably the best probability to drop those things. Or any other mlvl85 area.

Mephisto is mlvl87 and the council is 88+. So yes you could find better items from the council.

The council are all mlvl 86, Meph is mlvl 87, and they all drop up to TC 78 (and no higher).

On the other hand, Blood Lord/Undead Stygian Doll boss packs in Durance 3 are mlvl 86 and can drop up to TC 87.

Shade said:
The council are all mlvl 86, Meph is mlvl 87, and they all drop up to TC 78 (and no higher).

On the other hand, Blood Lord/Undead Stygian Doll boss packs in Durance 3 are mlvl 86 and can drop up to TC 87.

What is the formula for figuring TC from mlvl? I would like to know this.

There isn't a formula as such, but in this case it's easy, since the Council Members have their own TC (Council(H)) as does Meph (Mephisto(H)). These can't be upgraded by the standard means.

For general monsters though (eg. the random packs in Durance 2 & 3) it works like this. In the TreasureClassEx.txt file (in the MPQs) there are two columns of importance, Group and Level.

The 'default' TC for monsters is used to decide what Group is considered. The game then selects the highest Level TC that is not higher than the monster's level.

Gotcha, thanks. One question though, how does an mlvl85 area like the Pit drop from the TC87 item class?

TC 87 is a sub-class of the treasure classes Act 5 Equip B(H) and Act 5 Equip C(H), which have levels 83 and 85 assigned to them respectively. Any normal monster's TC will eventually be resolved down into the Equip section, so they get the chance to drop from TC87 at level 83 and above.

Shade said:
TC 87 is a sub-class of the treasure classes Act 5 Equip B(H) and Act 5 Equip C(H), which have levels 83 and 85 assigned to them respectively. Any normal monster's TC will eventually be resolved down into the Equip section, so they get the chance to drop from TC87 at level 83 and above.

And also read this thread:
http://rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=126824

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High