So is firewall nerfed?

SKYJUICE

Oct 4, 2021
  • Fixed an issue where overlapping Fire Wall or Blaze missiles could cause increased damage

I has a sad now.
So a FW ontop of another negates the one before it?
Wish they can be a little clearer which cast takes precedence.

But what else can firesorcs do if they only allow 2 walls to be active after each cool down?

• Haha
Reactions: inspiredunease
Totally nerfed.
What pisses me off further is that there's a 50/50 chance the wall when placed under mobs do not damage them for some reason.

I gave up on Orb/Wall pretty much right after the patch. The main use of firewall was boss killing for me and it just feels weaker than orb to kill Diablo and Baal now.

I have tried Meteorb. Killing bosses is slower than firewall before nerf but doable. However it is much slower in CS, waiting for a meteor to drop on a single oblivion knight is just a drudge and fireball secondary is slightly too weak (+10 skills). It does feel better in the pits where archers buch up and swarm you. Meteor feels good here with max block. Baal runs, okish, but aside from easier clearing of wave 2, I don’t feel it is faster, mostly because orb is missing the synergy now.

Now I switched to Orb/Ball and I like it more. It is very similar to Meteorb, just fireball is primary and FM has 1 point. It allows to clear CS somewhat faster, but overall does not feel as solid as orb/wall used to.

I would switch to lightning if I had an infinity. Considering going pire blizz too and just giving up on CS/Baal.

It sucks …

Last edited:
I gave up on Orb/Wall pretty much right after the patch. The main use of firewall was boss killing for me and it is just feel weaker than orb to kill Diablo and Baal now.

I have tried Meteorb. Killing bosses is slower than firewall before nerf but doable. However it is much slower in CS, waiting for a meteor to drop on a single oblivion knight is just a drudge and fireball secondary is slightly too weak (+10 skills). It does fee better in the pits where archers buch up and swarm you. Meteor feels good here. Baal runs, okish, but aside from easier clearing of wave 2, I don’t feel it is faster, mostly because orb is missing the synergy now.

Now I switched to Orb/Ball and I like it more. It is very similar to Meteorb, just fireball is primary and FM has 1 point. It allows to clear CS somewhat faster, but overall does not feel as solid as orb/wall used to.

I would switch to lightning if I had an infinity. Considering going pire blizz too and just giving up on CS/Baal.

It sucks …
Yea one does need 2x the amount of FW required as compared to before. (2.5 FW to get a boss, now it's probably 7-8 instead on usual settings.

I've built up reflexes to snipe stand alone / strangler mobs with the FW from a distance and Forb for primary.

Really not letting go yet but...it doesn't look good at the moment.:cry:

Yea one does need 2x the amount of FW required as compared to before. (2.5 FW to get a boss, now it's probably 7-8 instead on usual settings.

I've built up reflexes to snipe stand alone / strangler mobs with the FW from a distance and Forb for primary.

Really not letting go yet but...it doesn't look good at the moment.:cry:
You can try to boost FW a bit by moving 20pt from FO Synergy to max FM and warmth. FO is still doable with just CM at -135%, but I doubt it will make FW great again.

You can try to boost FW a bit by moving 20pt from FO Synergy to max FM and warmth. FO is still doable with just CM at -135%, but I doubt it will make FW great again.
No cold syn here for me.

20 Orb / 12 CM
20 FW / 12 W / 16 FM

I thought the front minute was kinda hilarious

I thought the front minute was kinda hilarious

Haha, thanks for this! Good laugh.

I was actually considering Cold/Lightning hybrid until I have infinity. I basically do Chaos Sanctuary non stop just like this guy. Will try this out!

Yup. It seems with the cool down you will use either CL or L much more often.

CL for clear and L for bosses like he says I guess. Wonder if it is viable for baal runs. Killing baal with meteorb takes so much longer than old FW.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High